Windows 10: Watch Dog

Discus and support Watch Dog in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I went to update my video driver this morning, instead of going to the manufacture's website, I decided to let the device manager do the update for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016.

1. VE3YF Win User

Watch Dog

I went to update my video driver this morning, instead of going to the manufacture's website, I decided to let the device manager do the update for me. Boy that was a mistake....

After the reboot the only screens that I could see was the rotation circle icon and then another screen that said Watch Dog was going thru a couple of processes and after process 0 and 1 finished nothing. Though I heard the windows startup sound but nothing else.

It took approx 30 mins of rebooting via the computer reset switch and still nothing but after a fashion I finally got a screen from pressing either 4 or F4 that I could go back to a earlier restore point. I am thankful it was only a couple days old. The restore went very well and I am back up and running. Then I decided to update the video driver from the manufactures website and all went smoothly. Totally back up and running now.

Does anyone know what is with this Watch Dog issue. I have never seen it before and any posts that I have read are way back in 2015 and people had limited success in resolving that issue....

If there is a message in all of this, make sure you have a good current restore point to fall back on....

:)

VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016

2. AVG Watch Dog

Okay, I got a Lenovo 64bit Win10 laptop, and today it restarted itself, but after the startup, there was just a black screen with some Watch Dog phases. It says that they are finished, but my laptop is frozen...nothing works. I managed to open the command
    prompt, but is there anyway to fix this issue? Without going to IT support? I know that the problem is caused because that AVG Watch Dog is not compatible with something. I can't find a valid answer anywhere, and my laptop is frozen all day. So can you give
    me a solution to this issue, or should i take it to IT support? Not cool at all. Thank you.

KostaReljic, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Watch Dog Intialissation

Hi,

Let us isolate the concern by answering the following questions:

• Can you be more specific?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or you have Windows 10 pre-installed?
    • What build do you have now on your computer?
    • What options do you have after "Phase 1" is done?
    • Are you trying to initialize the program using a disk or you downloaded it?

Can you post a screenshot after phase 1.

Keep us posted.

Carlos Tin, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Watch Dog

Brink, Sep 4, 2016
  5. VE3YF Win User
    Hi Brink:

Thanks for the quick response. The problem is that it never gave a code etc. It had about 4 lines of what it was doing under process 0 and then process 1. One the last line of process 0 and 1 it said process finished. It never gave any indication of an error etc. I though that it was just slow in finishing up, but after 10 minutes and no change in the screen I knew I had a problem.

VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm just glad you had a restore point to make fixing it easy.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Watch Dog

1. Watch Dog - Similar Threads - Watch Dog

2. Error code DCP Watch Dog violation and Kernel Error 41?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code DCP Watch Dog violation and Kernel Error 41?: Crashed once while stress testing psu, and does quite frequently while gaming extensively https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-dcp-watch-dog-violation-and-kernel/581cfe1a-1b49-449a-90c9-f41161028c9a
  3. Error code DCP Watch Dog violation and Kernel Error 41?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code DCP Watch Dog violation and Kernel Error 41?: Crashed once while stress testing psu, and does quite frequently while gaming extensively https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-dcp-watch-dog-violation-and-kernel/581cfe1a-1b49-449a-90c9-f41161028c9a
  4. System crashed with watch dog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashed with watch dog: Hi Community. I'm exhausted ... last year my system crashing and restarting randomly. For example, im just seating and watching youtube and boom - blue screen and restart. What i did:1. Checked the RAM - all modules looking good.2. Replaced the graphic card to brand new -...
  5. System crashed with watch dog

System crashed with watch dog: Hi Community. I'm exhausted ... last year my system crashing and restarting randomly. For example, im just seating and watching youtube and boom - blue screen and restart. What i did:1. Checked the RAM - all modules looking good.2. Replaced the graphic card to brand new -...
  6. PLEASE HELP, DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP, DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION: Please help with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I don't know what to do I've literally tried everything. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIZVHazQNyiptPI&id=FE2E1E11566C049%213429&cid=0FE2E1E11566C049&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&o=OneUpI've attached my mini dump files, Please...
  7. PLEASE HELP, DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION

PLEASE HELP, DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION: Please help with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I don't know what to do I've literally tried everything. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AIZVHazQNyiptPI&id=FE2E1E11566C049%213429&cid=0FE2E1E11566C049&parId=root&parQt=sharedby&o=OneUpI've attached my mini dump files, Please...
  8. PLEASE HELP, DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC watch dog violation

DPC watch dog violation: I was watching youtube and my screen froze for a few seconds, then came back with a buzzing noise from the volume.It was good for a minute.Screen froze for 10 seconds and went to blue screen with DPC_WATCH_DOG_VIOLATION error message. Following other posts here is my...
  10. DPC watch dog violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC watch dog violation: I was watching youtube and my screen froze for a few seconds, then came back with a buzzing noise from the volume.It was good for a minute.Screen froze for 10 seconds and went to blue screen with DPC_WATCH_DOG_VIOLATION error message. Following other posts here is my...