Windows 10: Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC How to Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

How to: Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

How to Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are.

You can organize your added Remote Desktop connections into groups named anything you like to make it easier to find your connections later.

You will always be able to add, remove, and rename groups at anytime in the Remote Desktop app, and be able to move your connections to any group.

This tutorial will show you how to add, remove, and rename groups and move Remote Desktop connections to any group in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add Group from Remote Desktop app Settings
    1. Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings button in the Connection Center. (see screenshot below)

Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

3. Under Group in Settings, click/tap on the Add + button. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter a name you want for the new group, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now click/tap anywhere outside of Settings in the Remote Desktop app to close Settings.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Rename Group from Remote Desktop app Settings

2. Click/tap on the Settings button in the Connection Center. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Group in Settings, select the group you want to rename. (see screenshots below)

*note You will not be able to rename the default Saved Desktops group.

4. Click/tap on the Edit button. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter a new name you want for the group, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now click/tap anywhere outside of Settings in the Remote Desktop app to close Settings.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Rename Group from Group Menu

2. Click/tap on the overflow menu ... button to the right of the group (ex: "Laptops") you want to rename, and click/tap on Edit. (see screenshot below)

*note You will not be able to rename the default Saved Desktops group.

3. Enter a new name you want for the group, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Remove Group from Remote Desktop app Settings

3. Under Group in Settings, select the group you want to delete. (see screenshots below)

*note You will not be able to delete the default Saved Desktops group.

4. Click/tap on the Edit button. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Delete this group link. (see screenshot below)

*note If you currently have any Remote Desktop connections in this group you are removing, the connections will automatically be moved to the default Saved Desktops group.

6. You can now click/tap anywhere outside of Settings in the Remote Desktop app to close Settings.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Remove Group from Group Menu

2. Click/tap on the overflow menu ... button to the right of the group (ex: "Laptops") you want to delete, and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

*note You will not be able to delete the default Saved Desktops group.

*note If you currently have any Remote Desktop connections in this group you are removing, the connections will automatically be moved to the default Saved Desktops group.

OPTION SIX [/i] To Move a Remove Desktop Connection to another Group

2. Click/tap on the overflow menu (...) button next to the name (ex: "My Laptop") of the Remote Desktop connection you want to move to another group, and click/tap on Edit. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Show more link. (see screenshot below)

4. Under Group in the "Edit a desktop" settings, select the group (ex: "Saved Desktops") you want to move this connection (ex: "My Laptop") to. (see screenshots below)

5. Click/tap anywhere outside of "Edit a desktop" settings in the Remote Desktop app to close "Edit a desktop" settings. (see screenshot below)

6. You will now notice your connection (ex: "My Laptop") has been moved to the selected group (ex: "Saved Desktops"). (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 27, 2017

2. Group Policy and Remote Desktop App

Hello!

By Group Policys it is very easy to block the traditional Remote Desktop Client. Is it possible to do the same with the Remote Desktop App in Windows 10?

Mikael Kristoffersson

The Municipality of Uppsala

Kristoffersson Mikael, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 27, 2019
  4. RE1978_A1 Win User

Remote Desktop App error

Chris,

This is probably to do with the default certificate not being accepted through your router, i.e your phone being on the internet and needing to connect to your pc behind a firewall.

However, your post is very interesting to me, as I am having an issue on my internal WIFI network. Microsoft Remote Desktop App" from a Nokia Lumia Mobile phone. I will continue with my discussion for MS
    to answer

PHONE: Nokia Lumia 810

Operating System Version: 8.10.14234.375

IMEI: on request:

APP in question: Microsoft Remote Desktop

Version: 8.1.9.11

Client: Windows 10 Professional

Issue:

After discovering that windows 10 Home does not support RDP, I decided to pay for Windows 10 Professional to enable Remote Desktop from my phone.

Steps Taken:

Windows 10 Professional

• Click on Files and Folders | Right Click | Properties
    • Remote Settings
    • Allow Remote connections for this computer NOTE: ensure only allow connections from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (Recommended)
      Ticked
    • Select Users j*****@e****.*** is selected
    • Change Windows Account Password
    • open compmgmt.msc | Go to Local Users & Groups | Groups | Remote Desktop Users | check that account is in the members Window Example J*****
    • Open Windows Firewall with advanced Security
    Inbound Rules

Remote Desktop Shadow (TCP in) - Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (TCP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Desktop User Mode (UDP in) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Outbound Rules

Remote Assistance (PNRP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Remote Assistance (TCP-Out) -Enabled Yes Public Allow

Network and Sharing Center

• Right Click on Computer with plug in the
      tray | Open Network and Sharing Center
    • Click on HomeGroup | Change Network Location
    • Click Close
    Windows Phone 8.1 Update
    • Desktops | (+) Desktop | PC Name xxx.xxx.x.xxx
    • Credentials - Add Credentials | PCNAME\J***** OR MicrosoftAccount\J*****@E****.O**
      OR PCNAME\Administrator
    • Click
    ERROR MESSAGE

We Couldn't connect to the remote PC. This might be because of a network problem. If this keeps Happening, ask your admin or tech support for help

Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 0x704

| Close

Steps Taken to try and resolve 0x704

• uninstall 8.1 Remote Desktop App
    • Reboot Windows 10 Professional
    • Phone Microsoft support through third party +44 333 200 2197,,7355531217
    References

0x704 Error on Remote Desktop App : windowsphone

RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC

Conclusion

MS is this because windows 10 professional is not supported by a free Microsoft remote desktop tool? Or can you clarify on where I was going wrong, as I need this to work.

Please contact me on *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RE1978_A1, Oct 27, 2019
  5. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Manage Groups in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Manage Groups Remote

2. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  3. What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Remote Desktop? Task Manager: Seems kind of sketchy and is located at the system32 folder. Saw it when opening task manager briefly, but it went away later and I couldn't find it again. I haven't seen it before and haven't had cpu problems with it. Is it safe?...
  4. Remote Desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop app: I am trying to move away from Remote Desktop Connection Manager since it no longer receives updates or support. I downloaded the new Remote Desktop RD for Windows to give it a try. I have downloaded RD on macOS on a few machines and really like it. But, I noticed that on...
  5. Remote Desktop Server Manager query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Server Manager query: In Remote Desktop Server Manager - where the Process tab. We are running version 2017 and i need to end a hung session for a user. I dont want to disconnect or log it off as they will lose their other applications. Thank you...
  6. Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App: Does Microsoft have a free remote access app? [Original Title: Apps] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app/001b4ce3-56de-414c-849d-2268cf01dc1c
  7. Deny Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Deny Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop in Windows 10: How to: Deny Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 How to Deny Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows 10 PC from a remote device....
  8. Change Global Settings in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Global Settings in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Change Global Settings in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC How to Change Global Settings in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app...
  9. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...
  10. Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC How to Add a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...