Windows 10: Watch out for the updates !

Discus and support Watch out for the updates ! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I finally got W10 running smooth and was starting to really like it. Then the first 'update' came down the chute. I didn't even have a chance to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by atomheart411, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Watch out for the updates !

I finally got W10 running smooth and was starting to really like it. Then the first 'update' came down the chute. I didn't even have a chance to get around to thinking about stopping that auto update before it happened. WHAM ! Bricked for the second time. I am using Norton Security Suite and turning it completely off was the 'secret' to getting the initial install to take. I have no idea what caused this update to go south but another full day of BS and I am feeling like MS is trying to go the way of Apple. Force feed everything and use any means necessary to keep users deeply embedded in the MS environment. Ironically, that was always one of the things I most disliked about Apple.

:)

atomheart411, Aug 20, 2015
  2. WATCH-OUT Win User

Can't sign in to Games For Windows Marketplace: ERROR_CODE: 800488B1

I'm triyng to sign in with right e-mail and password,
    but I can't do this.
    ERROR_CODE:

800488B1

WATCH-OUT, Aug 20, 2015
  3. WATCH-OUT Win User
    Can't sign in to Games For Windows Marketplace: ERROR_CODE: 800488B1

Watch out for the updates ! [​IMG]

NOTE: It's
    RIGHT Microsoft account

WATCH-OUT, Aug 20, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Watch out for the updates !

Third party AVs are still not tuned in to W 10 and goofs caused by them are pretty common.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Warning to use updates does not really help: If you have Windows 10, you will just get the updates. So if these are causing trouble, the "solution" could only be either to not use Windows 10 or to not use a broken virus program.

Joergi, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Exactly the point.
    You are forced" to just get" the updates.

atomheart411, Aug 20, 2015
  7. KB3081444 is a problem. It is forcing me to go back to Win7. See threads on this specific update for more details.

bjohnson921, Aug 20, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

I think they (MS) might change that in the future, too much flak on that. I'm also used to controlling updates and at least check what they are about. Security updates I'm fine with but driver updates without easy way to stop I'm dead against. Still, for now it would be wise to stay away from programs that intrude into system too much as well as AVs and such that are not expressly guaranteed to work with W 10.
    Insiders should be resigned to fact that they (we) are working with experimental OS.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2015
  9. The problem here is that this wasn't marketed to just the insiders who typically play with alpha and beta OS versions. This was pushed to Win7 and Win8 users as a ready-for-primetime version. Based on my experience, I am not sure if I will upgrade in the future. I may even decide my next device will be running someone else's OS.

bjohnson921, Aug 20, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    It all depends what programs you want to use or which games to play, OS is just a base to use SW on, not an entity by itself. If there was enough quality SW for let's say Linux, nobody would pay for Windows. So it's not really about which OS to use but what do you want to run on your computer.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    I had to use a restore point, after that, I leave the Windows Update service shut off. Unfortunately this also makes the Store not work. More Info

XweAponX, Aug 21, 2015
  12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I think people keeping their system outdated is a worse scenario. OTOH it would be nice to be able to stop some updates from installing though.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 21, 2015
  13. undine Win User

I am on a slow/metered ISP. I was having problems with updates. I remembered that I had been using "Portable Update " program
    on Win 8 so I checked and it does work on Win10. With this program you can download what you want , when you want to. It also
    saves the update to be used later on any other computer. I don't know what I would do without it. It takes a short learning process
    ,but not bad. It is also a portable program that you can just delete if you like.

Portable Update: Update Windows in an isolated environment. The first. The best.

I used this link....

http://www.portableupdate.com/public/PortUp_2.3.8.zip

undine, Aug 21, 2015
  14. eLPuSHeR Win User
    You should check WSUS Offline.

Check This post I made.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 21, 2015
  15. i am sacred about sp3 when it is launched in October i am worried?

danderson400, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Watch out for the updates ! - Similar Threads - Watch updates

2. Ever since updating to Windows 11, a few times per day when streaming or watching a video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since updating to Windows 11, a few times per day when streaming or watching a video...: Although this is a small problem it is beginning to worry me about Windows 11. I have an AMD CPU. I have followed numerous suggestions online any help would be nice thanks....
  3. Ever since updating to Windows 11, a few times per day when streaming or watching a video...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since updating to Windows 11, a few times per day when streaming or watching a video...: Although this is a small problem it is beginning to worry me about Windows 11. I have an AMD CPU. I have followed numerous suggestions online any help would be nice thanks....
  4. KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    KB5006670: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update: KB5006670 is part of Windows 10 October 2021 Patch Tuesday and it contains already-tested bug fixes, security updates and improvements for Windows servicing. By default, this cumulative update is automatically installed for all users as soon as possible, but it seems to be...
  5. KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    KB5005565: Watch out for these issues in Windows 10’s latest update: Windows 10 KB5005565 update for version 21H2, version 21H1, version 20H2, and version 2004 is apparently plagued with numerous issues. Although Microsoft fixed several bugs with September 2021 cumulative update, it appears that once again the patch has introduced new bugs for...
  6. Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Watch out for these critical issues in latest update: Some configurations of Windows 10 are encountering more serious problems thanks to a recent update “KB5001330”, with users reporting installation issues, performance issues, temporary user profile bug and worrying system crash. Earlier this week, Microsoft published new...
  7. These lines showed up while I was watching a you tube vid. I already updated both the Intel...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These lines showed up while I was watching a you tube vid. I already updated both the Intel...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memediet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqlak1/these_lines_showed_up_while_i_was_watching_a_you/
  8. Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4592438: Watch out for these issues in the latest update: With Windows 10 KB4592438 cumulative update, Microsoft has delivered a fix for a highly frustrating ‘Blue Screen of Death’ bug that has been crashing PCs with Intel NVMe SSDs drives since May. Unfortunately, the update comes with multiple issues, according to user reports on...
  9. Recent Windows update is stopping me watching my downloaded programmes on BBCiplayer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update is stopping me watching my downloaded programmes on BBCiplayer: The latest update no longer allows me to watch my downloaded programmes on BBCiplayer and below is the message I get "Downloaded programmes may be temporarily unavailable until licences are renewed. You will need to be in the UK to do this" Unfortunately I won't be home...
  10. after the updated cant watch youtube

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after the updated cant watch youtube: after i updated the latest version of windows 10, everytime i watch youtube videos it just got audio and either no image or green screen , before the update it works fine...