Windows 10: Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown

Discus and support Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cyberattacks using the most common forms of ransomware spiked during November, continuing the ongoing trend for growth in the use of the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown

Read more: Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown even larger | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 12, 2016

2. Before you jump when a MVP says "Frog", consider this:

After spending time and money to secure my PCs from malware, viruses, Trojans, ransomware, et al, who would have thought the biggest threat to my PCs would come from Microsoft?

EdJennings, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown

1. Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown - Similar Threads - Watch are biggest

2. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  3. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  4. Soring out Windows 10 Versions - what a frustrating mess they've made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soring out Windows 10 Versions - what a frustrating mess they've made: OK, I'm on Microsoft's ADK downloads page looking to get the correct version for a destination machine. The latest version of Windows 10 they have is "Download the ADK for Windows 10, version 2004".Looking at the destination machine in This PC, I find that it's on Version...
  5. Ransomware..is this a real threat.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware..is this a real threat.: Hi everyone, Yesterday I received three emails stating that I have been looking at dodgy sites and they have webcam footage of me....etc....they want £3,000 in bitcoin. OK I know this bit is a scam because I don't look at dodgy sites or have a webcam. The weird thing is...
  6. File History grown

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History grown: Why did my "File History" backup all of a sudden grow to 130Gig? 126743
  7. Watch out for Avast installation with CCleaner!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Watch out for Avast installation with CCleaner!: A couple of times Avast has installed without my permission with CCLeaner. There was actually no option to exclude Avast from installtion! Despite uninstalling it immediately a few weeks down the track (today) I found some remnants in Task Scheduler: [img] 117813
  8. Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Watch out for latest Firefox vulnerability: Worldfence published an article about latest Firefox 0-day vulnerability... If you use Firefox, we recommend you temporarily switch browsers to Chrome, Safari or a non-firefox based browser that is secure until the Firefox dev team can release an update. The...
  9. Watch out for the updates !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Watch out for the updates !: I finally got W10 running smooth and was starting to really like it. Then the first 'update' came down the chute. I didn't even have a chance to get around to thinking about stopping that auto update before it happened. WHAM ! Bricked for the second time. I am using Norton...
  10. Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web: Best defense is still to make backups regularly. *Wink Everything you need to know about ransomware: how it started, why it's booming, how to protect against it, and what to do if your PC's infected. Ransomware: An executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the...