Windows 10: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you can check to see which devices you have connected, view details about the devices, and learn what tasks you can perform with them by right clicking on the device and selecting the task you would like to do.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Devices and Printers shortcut in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Devices and Printers Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Devices and Printers Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Devices and Printers

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Devices and Printers Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Devices_and_Printers_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Devices and Printers Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow explorer shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}

3. Type Devices and Printers for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Devices and Printers shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. In the Shortcut tab, click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %systemroot%\System32\DeviceCenter.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2017

2. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

Hi, TrevorCrichton1

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://winaero.com/blog/create-devices-printer...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Printer icon disappeared from desktop

Hi Helen,

This might be caused by the recent changes made on your device. Can you still see if from the Start Menu or Control Panel? If yes, then we suggest that you just create a new shortcut of your printer for an easy access of printing files. Follow the steps
    below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sounds then click Devices and Printers.
    • Choose your printer's name, right-click on it then select Create shortcut.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Anne Ros, Oct 26, 2019
  4. AngelMesa Win User

create a desktop shortcut for a printer

Hi Trevor,

I’m Independent Advisor willing to help you, on the search bar type " Control program", select devices and printers, right click on your printer or device, create a shortcut.

Best Regards,

Angel.

AngelMesa, Oct 26, 2019
  5. David Haz Win User
    need short cut for my printer HPoffice Jet 8710

Hi Elizabeth,

You may create a shortcut for your printer by doing the following steps:

• Click Start, then click Settings >
      Devices
      > Devices and printers.
    • Right-click the printer device.
    • Click Create shortcut, or you may drag it towards your desktop.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Printer Shortcut

Type Control in Windows Start Search Box (Cortana) > Control Panel > Devices & Printers > Drag the required printer to Desktop to create the shortcut (Or you can right click to create shortcut)

E for Excel, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Create Devices Printers

2. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  3. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  4. create shortcuts

create shortcuts: How do I create a shortcut easily as was done in earlier programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts/31eee41e-7dfe-4726-bff4-c5ea4af40c28
  5. Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner: I can not figure out a way to create a shortcut for my Canon MG5220 onto my desktop. I no longer have the installation cd. But I have however installed the current driver. But on the start menu I'm not seeing the printer to right click on it. I've read many of the posts...
  6. Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?: I want to create a shortcut in the "Send to.." folder/menu to copy selected data to the certain folder of my Android 8.1.0 mobile phone connected to PC via USB wire. So the logic of the path is: Phone -> SD memory card -> Folder_name. When i right-clicked on the destination...
  7. Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?: Dear all, i want to create a shortcut in the "Send to.." folder/menu which will copy selected data to my Android 8.1.0 mobile phone (connected to PC via USB wire). So the logic of the path is: Phone -> SD memory card -> Folder_name. When i right-click on the destination...
  8. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  9. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  10. Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The print queue shows the status of what documents have been sent from the computer to the printer and are waiting to be printed. If you have a local or network printer connected to your PC, it could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard shortcut to devices and printers

2. how do i create a shortcut to devices and printers