Windows 10: WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc

Discus and support WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I start to watch any kind of video I get this problem, it starts stuttering and then it goes on to the error screen, I don't know what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WhiteFang, Aug 19, 2017.

1. WhiteFang Win User

WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc

Everytime I start to watch any kind of video I get this problem, it starts stuttering and then it goes on to the error screen, I don't know what to do

It's a laptop Asus R541UV
    i7-6500u
    GTX920mx
    16GB ram
    5000HD

What more information should i display and how can i get it?

Attachment 149742

:)

WhiteFang, Aug 19, 2017
  2. mjlaw201 Win User

BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

Bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10 two weeks ago. Have been getting the BSOD stating DPC Watchdog Violation while watching Youtube. Also happened once with Netflix. Already tried updating all of the drivers in device manager. Here is a link to my
    DMP files.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFmms9ImEHugTjJY90G1M7lulwh

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mjlaw201, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Video Playback

When I open any kind of video playback such as Netflix, youtube, or my DVD Player, it always plays the video super zoomed in and in black and white.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

OddyseaLawrence, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

Spectrum, Aug 20, 2017
  5. WhiteFang Win User
    WhiteFang, Aug 20, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Some of the logs are in a foreign language and cannot be read.
    Please use English as the default language and repost the logs so that they can be troubleshooted.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3) está em bom estado de funcionamento. Não é necessária nenhuma ação.
    Volume D: (\Device\HarddiskVolume5) está em bom estado de funcionamento. Não é necessária nenhuma ação.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  7. WhiteFang Win User
    I got it now
    Attachment 149757

WhiteFang, Aug 20, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

For the computer information Laptop was entered. Isn't this computer a Destop?
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.

Clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please enter information on PSU, cooler, case, and peripherals (mouse, keyboard, Joystick, printer, etc.) too.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  9. WhiteFang Win User
    this is a laptop

WhiteFang, Aug 20, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    The information in the DM log collector displays:
    System Name DESKTOP-H8P3NC6 and the SKU displays Notebook
    Okay.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  11. WhiteFang Win User
    I-m sorry, I-m not a native speaker and I dont know much about computers, I just updated the specs part

WhiteFang, Aug 20, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Hi WhiteFang ,

Welcome to Ten Forums.

There were 8 bsod mini dump files debugged.
    The results displayed 3 misbehaving drivers.
    All drivers were hardware drivers.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Testing is not done by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There is a high incidence of false negatives if there are less than 8 passes.
    A false negative is a pass when there is Malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 16 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ takes approximately 1 - 2 hours / GB RAM
    If there is just 1 error that is a fail and testing can be aborted.
    Then test just 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes.
    Again the more passes the better.
    If the RAM passes when tested together and fails when tested separately then test another DIMM with 1 RAM for 8 passes and post the results into the thread. This will help differentiate RAM from DIMM / Motherboard problems.

Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

5) Open the Asus website > enter the computer's serial or product number and the operating system > view all available drivers.
    a) locate drivers for rtwlane.sys
    Look for drivers older than 2017, either 2015 or 2016
    You may need to change the operating system to windows 7.0 or 8.1 to find older drivers.
    When you find all of the available drivers use the Microsoft snipping tool or print screen/paint or a camera to post images into the thread.
    Also view available drivers on the Realtek website for your computer's configuration: Realtek
    We have see a lot of bsod related to Realtek rtwlane.sys drivers in Asus laptops. So far the solution has been to roll back drivers.
    The driver that is currently installed is a 2017 driver.

These links display the method to roll back a driver.
    For your computer it will be the Realtek rtwlane.sys

Recent roll backs for RTWLANE
    BSOD with stopcode DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, bug check error 0x00000133 Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Method for roll back: BSOD, everytime i watch videos on youtube, DPC watchdog violation - Windows 10 Forums

b) locate drivers for Nvidia graphics: nvlddmkm+0x1e6d50[/CODE]
    c) locate drivers for Asus Touch service: AsusPTPFilter.sys

6) The best way to fix the misbehaving Nvidia driver is to uninstall everything Nvidia using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from the Nvidia website.

The computer manufacturer's web site is preferred. Enter the computer's serial or product number and the operating system to view available drivers.

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

NVIDIA

7) Use device manager to unstall the Asus touch service: AsusPTPFilter.sys
    Reinstall from the Asus website,

Code: AsusPTPDrv ASUS Touch Service ASUS Touch Service Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 61,440 0 19/03/2016 02:32:03 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AsusPTPFilter.sys 4,096[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff803934c57c4, ffffb380a9539fb8, ffffb380a9539800}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AsusPTPFilter.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AsusPTPFilter.sys*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff8036e274348}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+30918 )[/quote]
    Code: RTWlanE Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 3,551,232 0 18/05/2017 03:17:33 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys 8,192[/quote] rtwlane.sys Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=4&Conn=3
    Code: ffffae80`f50aa748 fffff802`62f56d50Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvami.inf_amd64_62e8f88c97b34401\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1e6d50[/quote]
    nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops

Code: Name [00000001] Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NICAdapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC Installed Yes PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_172311AD&REV_00\0023B7FEFF4CE00000 Last Reset 20/08/2017 21:52 Index 1 Service Name RTWlanE IP Address 192.168.1.89, fe80::e01f:750b:8acf:7988 IP Subnet 255.255.255.0, 64 Default IP Gateway 192.168.1.1 DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server 192.168.1.1 DHCP Lease Expires 21/08/2017 00:53 DHCP Lease Obtained 20/08/2017 23:53 MAC Address ‪54:8C:A0:00:96:0D‬ I/O Port 0x0000C000-0x0000C0FF Memory Address 0xDF100000-0xDF103FFF IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967290 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys (2023.55.415.2017, 6.50 MB (6,813,664 bytes), 19/05/2017 03:10)[/quote]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WATCHDOG VIOLATION while i play any kind of videos youtube netflix,etc - Similar Threads - WATCHDOG VIOLATION while

2. Background music of videos playing on Netflix, YouTube etc. disappears during video calls...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background music of videos playing on Netflix, YouTube etc. disappears during video calls...: Using Asus Zenbook Flip 14, Windows 11Watching video with bluetooth earphones connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music-of-videos-playing-on-netflix/466de720-d0cb-45d9-887c-f43056086d4a
  3. Background music of videos playing on Netflix, YouTube etc. disappears during video calls...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background music of videos playing on Netflix, YouTube etc. disappears during video calls...: Using Asus Zenbook Flip 14, Windows 11Watching video with bluetooth earphones connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music-of-videos-playing-on-netflix/466de720-d0cb-45d9-887c-f43056086d4a
  4. I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not play any video online YouTube, Netflix, Amazon et.: Hello , I am facing a problem with my laptop for a while now and it came to the point that is really annoying. Every time I try to watch an online video youtube it takes about a minute to start the video, some times even longer. When it eventually starts, if I try to move the...
  5. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing video games and YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing video games and YouTube: Hello,I have been chasing this problem for some time and can't figure out what's going on. I have tried all of the solutions presented for this stop code on every microsoft forum I can find rolled back drivers that seemed problematic, system restore, etc., with no luck. The...
  6. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  7. dpc watchdog violation only while playing youtube videos but not games

dpc watchdog violation only while playing youtube videos but not games: everytime i watch a youtube video there's a chance ill get a bsod with dpc watchdog violation as the error, im sick and tired of it already. i've tried countless driver uninstalls and updates and did system checks and whatever but nothing helps. i was also reading it was b/c...
  8. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  9. BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation: Every time while I watch Youtube videos suddenly my screen freezes and then restarts again. Im so tired of this.. I saw a thread of the same problem and people sent him a link from ASUS website to replace his driver. I also saw he posted a dump file but personally I dont...
  10. BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos

BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos: Hello, I am posting here as a last resort. I have not been able to figure out why I am getting periodic DPC watchdog errors on my PC. During Youtube video playback, it tends to have artifacts and stuttering at any resolution, but it plays fine for a random amount of time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog violation netflix

2. asusptpdrv