Watching videos from pc and viewing on TV

Discus and support Watching videos from pc and viewing on TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the HDMI connected from TV to graphics card HDMI. I'm I suppose to have it there or on the HDMI on the computer? Also having it connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Aug 6, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

I have the HDMI connected from TV to graphics card HDMI. I'm I suppose to have it there or on the HDMI on the computer? Also having it connected to my graphics card, all that shows on TV is my wallpaper from PC. How do I get to start viewing a movie from the PC? I used to use Allshare but since windows 10 it won't work and they discontinued the program. I used to be able to play a movie in the videos through the Allshare program and watch it on TV, sound and all. Is there anything out there now that I can do the same. My husband doesn't like watching movies on the PC monitor.

:)

debgram, Aug 6, 2018
  2. JanSætnan Win User

View video on TV

Here is my problem :

My TV (Sony Bravia) is upstairs in the livingroom.

My PCs are downstairs, one running Windows8.1, one running Windows10.

All connected with cable-LAN.

Until last week, both PCs were running Windows8.1, and I could view

videos from both PCs on the TV.

But after I installed Windows10 on one PC (PC10), I cannot access videos on

that PC from the TV.

I know I can use "Cast to Device" on PC10, but that is not practical,

having to start the video on the PC10 downstairs and then rush upstairs

to watch the video on the TV.

JanSætnan, Aug 6, 2018
  3. JanSætnan Win User
    View video on TV

By selecting the TV as active monitor, I still have to use the PC keyboard and mouse to select what video I like to view on the TV.

What I like to do (as I'm doing on my WIN8 PC) is to use the TV remote control to select the video file.

JanSætnan, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Watching videos from pc and viewing on TV - Similar Threads - Watching videos viewing

2. Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?: Windows 10 just doesn't seem to update from the 1703 version to a newer one. It started about a month ago; the update would start normally, but it'd eventually fail after reaching a certain percentage of completion. It'd then reboot back to the previous version. But then one...
  3. VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VC-211A USB2.0 video capture device: I need the DRIVER win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/vc-211a-usb20-video-capture-device/db4330d0-985f-411f-b11e-85e5aa70ef9b
  4. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  5. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: here is the dilemma, happen after a lighting strike it was worse before but this is what is subsided to [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/f168d730-0e22-40d0-9986-3d96f7e8950a
  6. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  7. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green-gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/1cfd39dd-64b2-4a25-9548-8d95ac4d6255
  8. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck: Hello. After installing a Sapphire RX Vega 64 nitro+. I have been suffering from random restarts. However, it is literally random. It may suddenly restart while browsing the web and even one time is simply happened while i was browsing stuff on the desktop. And the event...
  9. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...
  10. Cannot connect to my smart Tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to my smart Tv: After update windows 10, i tried to connect to my Hisense smart TV using anyview cast, but the laptop cannot find the TV itself. Before updating there was no problem connecting to the TV...