Windows 10: Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

Discus and support Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible when I go to task view and choose a different desktop that I could have certain desktop icons only on one? 57735 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

Is it possible when I go to task view and choose a different desktop that I could have certain desktop icons only on one?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 28, 2016

2. How to have different ICONS on the Windows Desktop and the Windows TaskBar (if minimized)

Hi friends of microsoft and windows.

I am looking for a solution or way to allow my application to have different ICONS on the Windows Desktop and the Windows TaskBar (if minimized).

Changing the Desktop ICON (of a link )on the Desktop will also change the icon of the minimized app in the task bar.

This is not what I would like to get.

Has anyone an idea how to do so?

Please remember, I will not change the icon of the app which has been added to the task bar to start it. What I am looking is for

Have a nice desktop icon A i.e. a blue one.

No task bar icon

As soon as I start the app a taskbar icon will be displayed by windows

this is by default the same as the desktop icon

but I would like to have a different icon there

Example is maybe Skype

On the desktop there is the well known "Skype Cloude" icon. But running Skype, there is a different or modified icon in the taskbar, the "Skype Cloude plus a green checkmarker". So it seens to be changed, modified or maybe there is somthing like an overlay?

Has anyone an idea how to do?

Remeark:

The application is created by my R&D collegues. So if there is a way to setup such a behavior while we generate the app by using visual studio this would be possible.

But I assume that there might be a more native way to fullfill such a requirement.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance on this (very specific) request.

Bernhard

BernhardStillger, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Hekspoilr Win User
    Virtual Desktops

what virtual desktops ? is it not the same desktop, only showing different tasks ? if i need a second desktop showing different background, icons and so on i still need to use a third party program (like dexpot) ?

Hekspoilr, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

I don't think there is a way to do that. Everytime you create a new desktop, it always looks like the original.

storageman, Jul 28, 2016
  5. AndreyT Win User
    No.

This is actually why the current Windows 10 "support" for multiple desktops has been laughed out of serious consideration. Proper multidesktop support implies, first and foremost, support for different backgrounds and different shortcut sets on different desktops. Windows 10 does not have that.

AndreyT, Jul 28, 2016
  6. This is disappointing. Hopefully they will improve this feature in future releases.

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

1. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view? - Similar Threads - different desktop icons

2. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  3. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  6. Desktop icons are different sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons are different sizes: Why would downloaded or made online ico files be different sizes on the desktop. They are all 256px by 256 arent they? I have several folders on the desktop. The icons are for these folders. Thanks all 173606
  7. Different Desktops with Icons possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Desktops with Icons possible?: Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-desktops-with-icons-possible/fd7aeab8-771c-4769-9709-a6b28245a4a4
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  9. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  10. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...