Windows 10: WD.... is it really that bad...?

Discus and support WD.... is it really that bad...? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Magazine AV reviews always rate Windows Defender as terrible... worse than useless.... junk..... and other less than complementary comments. Are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tabvla, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Tabvla Win User

WD.... is it really that bad...?

Magazine AV reviews always rate Windows Defender as terrible... worse than useless.... junk..... and other less than complementary comments.

Are these justified...?

For example, let us take the review in the August 2018 edition of Computer Shopper.... and I quote....

".....we simply cannot stress enough just how bad the protection you get from Windows Defender is. If you are using it switch to something else immediately...... if you are relying solely on Windows Defender, all we can say is stop now and use one of the packages that we have on test....."

Since the release of W10 I have had all my W10 machines using Windows Defender. Once a week I run an independent Malware and Anti Virus scan. In all this time the weekly scans have NEVER detected something that WD missed. My computers are connected to the Internet 24/7 and some are used for online research by non-tech users, who have little regard for security.

Perhaps magazine reviewers are subconsciously biased towards vendors that provide the magazine with lucrative advertising revenue...?

T.

:)

Tabvla, Jun 20, 2018

2. HDD Health Report: Crystal Disk Info, HD Tune, WD-Data Lifeguard Diagnostics.. pls help

Hey there, @alivehunter!

I'm truly sorry to hear about your struggle with the WD Blue drive! *Frown WD.... is it really that bad...? :(
    The "CLASSNPN.SYS" error should have been resolved after the fresh install, but obviously the bad sectors are preventing this from happening.
    As the community already suggested - RMA should be your next step to end your headache with this HDD.
    Here are the steps to replacing your bad product: How to Get an RMA to Replace a Defective Product, Obtain a Power Supply, or USB Cable for a WD Product
    What you need to do is get in touch with our tech support first. Since you are from Mumbai, you should know that WD provides dedicated warranty support and service in India as well: Contact Support | WD Support
    The tech support will kindly walk you through the steps once again and let you know how to proceed.

Hope this helps you! Good luck! *Smile WD.... is it really that bad...? :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 20, 2018
  3. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 20, 2018
  4. WD.... is it really that bad...?

Unable to access WD utility software on Windows 10

Hi Tanner,

Thank you for responding.

As you are able to see the drive under Device Manager, I suggest you to update the driver and check if it helps.

Steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand WD utility software.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

WD.... is it really that bad...?

1. WD.... is it really that bad...? - Similar Threads - really bad

2. brand new laptop lagging really badly! task manager shows CPU constantly at 99%. please...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    brand new laptop lagging really badly! task manager shows CPU constantly at 99%. please...: Just want to say I do have a little bit of back round with computers, I am not completely clueless. Although, I probably would of been able to troubleshoot this issue myself if it was 10 years ago, but I am a bit rusty nowadays. Anyway, I purchased this laptop about a month...
  3. Audio crackling is getting really bad, I realized there is a direct correlation between the...

Audio crackling is getting really bad, I realized there is a direct correlation between the...: I presume it's a power issue or some kind of conflict but I am really dumb. submitted by /u/GlobalSoftware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gri7lt/audio_crackling_is_getting_really_bad_i_realized/
  4. Edge Chromium is really bad!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium is really bad!: I am currently testing the new Edge Chromium. To be honest. Its really bad. I mean the UI. Maybe under the hood seems stable and faster, but the User Interface is really bad. The one thing I cannot seem to figure out, is that on the New Tab page, The Microsoft Bing search...
  5. I need help. Really bad.

I need help. Really bad.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zyxpineconexyz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5de00/i_need_help_really_bad/
  6. I got a really bad virus, how to get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got a really bad virus, how to get rid of it: short story long, I got a really bad virus that puts . npsk at after the format like .jpg.npsk but when I change it back to . jpg it just shows as corrupted and they left a note to send 980$ to send me a software to remove it, fk them, any help with this problem cuz it did...
  7. My WiFi connection is really bad on my computer HELP!

My WiFi connection is really bad on my computer HELP!: My friend needs help with his slow WiFi connection on his pc. He recently bought a new NZXT pc and his connection to his WiFi is really slow. He has good WiFi but he is always lagging in games. Reaching 500-3000 ping most of the time. He can’t connect to the internet through...
  8. I need help really bad

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help really bad: Hello, I swear windows 10 is the worse OS i ever used. Windows 7 and Vista and hell even XP isn't this damn complex and loaded with bloatware nonsense. Anyway, me being experience with computers for over 15 years , been testing Windows 10 on and off for about 2 years, finally...
  9. Microphone sounds really bad after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone sounds really bad after windows 10 upgrade: Hey, I updated my computer from windows 8.1 to 10 the other day and ever since all my microphones have been sounding really bad (the sound quality is really bad compared to how it used to be). I never installed any program or used any modifiers for my mic before and when I...
  10. Excel lags really bad when copying and pasting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel lags really bad when copying and pasting: Excel for about a year now has been lagging really bad and sometimes crashes. I have the automatic updates turned on and can not seem to get it to stop no matter whether I am on windows 10, or my point of sale system which i think runs windows 7 professional. please advised...