Windows 10: WD my cloud missing files issue

Discus and support WD my cloud missing files issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WD my cloud network drive 3tb. I store my music and movies and backup files on it. I just today got a new hp laptop with windows 10. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by harp0, Aug 28, 2015.

1. harp0 Win User

WD my cloud missing files issue

I have a WD my cloud network drive 3tb. I store my music and movies and backup files on it. I just today got a new hp laptop with windows 10. When I use the WD my cloud software to view my files they all show up just fine about 600 albums. When I use the Microsoft software by going to the network drive my cloud in Microsoft file explorer only the first 200 files show up.

I really dislike the wd software and would like to just use the built in windows software if this is a fixable issue. Up till today I have been using windows 7 home and I have never had this issue with that OS.

:)

harp0, Aug 28, 2015

2. cannot see WD MY Cloud EX2 Ultra and WD MY Cloud

Hi Brian,

Having a faulty network adapter driver could be a possible cause why you are experiencing this issue. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • Is your device connected to a domain?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before you encountered this issue?

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 28, 2015
  3. cannot see WD MY Cloud EX2 Ultra and WD MY Cloud

We appreciate your response. We're glad to know that your concern got resolved after installing an update. If in case you'll experience this issue again, just post a reply on this thread.

Regards.

Darleen Pen, Aug 28, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Do any of the files contain non alphanumeric letters? I noticed this on mine that it has trouble with certain filenames. I've even used Uranium Backup and that reports that its unable to backup some files.

You may want to report this to the wd community forums for their attention so they can address it.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2015
  5. harp0 Win User
    No non alphanumeric letters that I'm aware of at least. I'll check out the wd forums and post this issue if no one hasn't addressed it yet.

Thanks for the advice.

harp0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WD my cloud missing files issue - Similar Threads - cloud missing files

2. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  3. can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my wd cloud drive for windows backups: I have a western digital cloud drive i purchased to do backups however, i can not set it up in windows backup and restore. It has a drive letter "Z" and i do believe it is a network drive. how can i set this up for my backups in windows....
  4. .dll Missing files for creative cloud?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll Missing files for creative cloud?: the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Both these messages have popped up when I try to open adobe creative cloud- I have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my laptop,...
  5. WD My Cloud Home risk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD My Cloud Home risk management: Straight to the point: If I want a more reliable backup for my windows, and I decided to take cloud storage from WD for example. What happens if my cloud home storage gets damaged and doesn't work anymore? Do WD servers take backups of my data or is my cloud device is...
  6. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  7. Missing cloud storage files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing cloud storage files: I had MS Office on my old computer which burned in a house fire along with all passwords and records. I have a new laptop and have MS Office but haven't been able to locate my old files....
  8. My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...: Hi all, Can anyone help me? My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but Windows File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my Terramaster NAS devices when I try to map any folder on them. My main PC wired is working fine. Thanks, Lee....
  9. WD My Cloud external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Cloud external drive: who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-cloud-external-drive/0e21e13b-f8bb-4d9d-a521-b088c13747c5
  10. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in my ex2 ultra i was missng some filder