Windows 10: WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers

Discus and support WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm having an issue with Windows 10 version 1703. I have tried a lot of solutions, seems nothing helps. Since Creators Update my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Patron, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Patron Win User

WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers

Hello everyone!
    I'm having an issue with Windows 10 version 1703. I have tried a lot of solutions, seems nothing helps. Since Creators Update my Windows Defender doesn't seem to work as intended. I mean: scanning does work, updating does work, real time protection does work, in old control panel Action Center i have an information that Windows Defender is helping to protect my computer BUT Windows Defender Security Center reports i have another AV installed. Previously i had Avast Free installed, but that is not case anymore since i did a clean install and even used another computer for a test purpose.

What I did:
    1. Uninstalled Avast -> Used AvastClear -> Rebooted -> After booting and waiting 1 minute message in Windows Defender Security Center changes from "No Action needed" into "You are using other antivirus providers"
    2. Downloaded clean copy of Windows 10 from official website -> Wiped all drives including SSD -> Clean installed Windows -> After booting and waiting 1 minute message in Windows Defender Security Center changes from "No Action needed" into "You are using other antivirus providers"
    3. My friend gave me his notebook to update all the stuff. He had version 1607. Installed 1703 -> After booting and waiting 1 minute message in Windows Defender Security Center changes from "No Action needed" into "You are using other antivirus providers"

I was told by one guy that since new version of Windows 1703, WD became a complete separate program, and Security Center detects it as "third party". If anyone could put a bit light into it, i would be glad. Thank you for help.

Few screenshots:

WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers [​IMG]

I'm living in Poland, version of Windows: Pro. I installed Windows in Polish language, if that might be an issue, but I don't think so. Changing language pack doesn't seem to take any positive effect, as you can see on screenshots.

:)

Patron, Sep 23, 2017

2. Windows Defender Cloud Protection isn't working ?

Well, I don't know why WD is not working well on my machine WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers :( It's a shame because WD is a good built-in AV on Windows 10. Maybe I will replace it soon with another AV :'(

Muhammad Syafiq Asadurrachman, Sep 23, 2017
  3. Windows Defender Cloud Protection isn't working ?

It would be a better idea to test Windows Defender’s features directly from the Testground site:

Home - Windows Defender Testground

Everything is working fine here, and the test file is not being blocked by the Windows Defender SmartScreen filter:

So you should just follow the link provided at the Testground site for Cloud-delivered Protection test failures:

Configure and test Windows Defender Antivirus network connections

Also refer to this Windows IT Pro Center document:

Enable cloud-delivered protection in Windows Defender Antivirus

GreginMich, Sep 23, 2017
  4. torre Win User

- Are you receiving the notification of "3rd Party" thru the notification system (right side of screen) ?

- Do a manual check of your registry (regedit) and folders (file explorer) to see if any Avast remnants are present.

- Download REVO Uninstaller and do a search for Avast.

torre, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Patron Win User
    As I stated on my previous post, I wiped all drives including SSD+HDD, but I did as you wanted and there are no left overs from avast. I would be really impressed that there could be any bloat left from Avast.

Answering for first question. I do not receive any kind of notifications except some auto schedule scans. WD seems to work normal, i can see its shields are working because its scanning all time files i download or open in background.

Should we call it a bug in Polish version of system or "if its working don't fix it"? I'm not willing to contact M$ for it, since the famous "did you try to turn off and on your PC" is very common there.

Patron, Sep 25, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    *Smile True about MS.

If WD is working correctly and updating, should not be an issue. Do not think the version is a factor. The Fall update of Win10 is due Oct 17, hopefully this will solve the issue.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers - Similar Threads - Security Center reports

2. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...: My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers,but in reality, I'm not using any other antivirus software. And I'm trying to find any program in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" There are also no antivirus...
  3. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...: My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers,but in reality, I'm not using any other antivirus software. And I'm trying to find any program in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" There are also no antivirus...
  4. My Windows 10 laptop's Defender is indicating that I'm using other antivirus providers, I'm...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender says "You're using another antivirus provider". Security Center says I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender says "You're using another antivirus provider". Security Center says I...: I have tried all the options on the internet for 3 maybe 4 days...I am even getting errors with Power Shell in admin mode saying it doesn't recognize the code and it's getting on my nerves. In services I can't turn on Virus & Thread Protection, it keeps on stopping. In the...
  6. Windows Defender says "You're using another antivirus provider". Security Center says I...

Windows Defender says "You're using another antivirus provider". Security Center says I...: I have tried all the options on the internet for 3 maybe 4 days...I am even getting errors with Power Shell in admin mode saying it doesn't recognize the code and it's getting on my nerves. In services I can't turn on Virus & Thread Protection, it keeps on stopping. In the...
  7. Появилась надпись - You're using other antivirus providers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Появилась надпись - You're using other antivirus providers: you're using other antivirus providers windows 11ползунок не включается, других АВ не установлено.реестр смотрел - Компьютер\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defendergpedit тоже смотрел.sfc /scannow делалзапускал установку W11 с isoПроблема не уходит уже...
  8. Появилась надпись - You're using other antivirus providers

Появилась надпись - You're using other antivirus providers: you're using other antivirus providers windows 11ползунок не включается, других АВ не установлено.реестр смотрел - Компьютер\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defendergpedit тоже смотрел.sfc /scannow делалзапускал установку W11 с isoПроблема не уходит уже...
  9. Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off

Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off: Hi, I notice Windows Security Center reports my Bitdefender Antivirus was turned off, what should I do? [ATTACH] I tried to turn on Bitdewfender again by chick the turn on bottom, but it's not working. It happens many times in my Windows 10, and my Bitdefender is...
  10. WD Security Center

WD Security Center: Just moved to win 10, have WD turned on and also using MS Security Essentials, why does it show "unknown" for virus and threat protection?ThanksRichard [img] 96113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 youre using other antivirus providers

2. your using other antivirus providers

3. you are using other antivirus providers

4. Security Center reports Im using other antivirus providers,
  5. windows defender security you are using another antivirus provider,
  6. windows is telling me im using other antivirus providers,
  7. uopure using other antivirus providers