Windows 10: WD Security Center

Discus and support WD Security Center in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just moved to win 10, have WD turned on and also using MS Security Essentials, why does it show "unknown" for virus and threat protection?ThanksRichard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by the jimmy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. the jimmy Win User

WD Security Center

Just moved to win 10, have WD turned on and also using MS Security Essentials, why does it show "unknown" for virus and threat protection?ThanksRichard

WD Security Center [​IMG]

:)

the jimmy, Oct 21, 2017

2. WD Security Center nagging device driver recommendation

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I am not having a driver issue.

The issue here is the WD Security Center is advising me to enable my WiFi Realtek card.

I don't see why disabling my wifi card poses a security problem.

AndrewZhao, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Shyama B Win User
    Windows defender can not be started

Did Windows Defender ever work on the computer? --YES. It was working perfectly until 3-4 days ago

Is this an "upgrade" to Win 10? - Yes I upgraded from 8.1 through the official upgrade offer. However, that was several months ago and the WD was running without any trouble
    for monthseven after the upgrade.

What is the name of your 'Virus Protection' displayed in the 'Security' section of Security Center?
    In both Virus protection and Spyware and unwanted software protection sections, "Windows defender is turned off" is displayed. Clicking the "Turn on now" button in each section gives no result.

No 3rd party anti malware programme is installed now or even before it was upgraded.

( Once this problem with WD emerged, I installed and ran "Malwarebytes" as was suggested by one of the support forums. It was removed immediately using the removal tool.

WD should then be enabled though you might need to restart WD in Action Center. -
    No still it doesn't work.

So, the problem persists. WD is still refusing to get started. What can I do next???

Shyama B, Oct 21, 2017
  4. WD Security Center

I may be mistaken, but want to say I read somewhere that Security Essentials aren't used in Win 10. May be a possible cause? Others that know more than me will give you better answers.

Wiley Coyote, Oct 21, 2017
  5. You can try to run Enable WD.bat as admin, it will restart PC afterwards and hopefully restore WD.

Indeed, unless OP has mistaken WD for MSE, because of the identical GUI.

TairikuOkami, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You are not mistaken.

@jimmy Exactly what do you mean by 'using MS Security Essentials'? It is not needed...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...tials-download

...in fact you cannot install it in anything above Windows 7 - the install will be blocked.

WD Security Center [​IMG]

7. the jimmy Win User
    >>@jimmy Exactly what do you mean by 'using MS Security Essentials'? It is not needed...
    I mean that it's running, icon in the task bar. I just did an upgrade from Win7 and apparently it has survived. I can open and run it.

I'll delete this

Thanks for the responses

the jimmy, Oct 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

WD Security Center

@the jimmy, Forget about the MSE/Defender confusion. This is the real question here.

Click on the 'Virus & threat protection' shield symbol and it will show more details. It may just be that Windows hasn't been running long enough yet to know. Maybe Defender hasn't even had time to do a background scan yet. Try running a 'Quick scan' and see if the message changes.

9. the jimmy Win User
    I will do the scan, thanks for bringing this over to this post!

the jimmy, Oct 21, 2017
  10. the jimmy Win User
    Trying to uninstall MSE and I get the same message box as in your post #4, when I click "close" the message goes away. If I click uninstall for MSE the pattern repeats

the jimmy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WD Security Center

1. WD Security Center - Similar Threads - Security Center

2. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  3. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  4. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  6. Security Center, GPO is not applying

Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  7. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...: In a dialogue box Windows could not start the windows. security center service on local computer Error 126: the specificied module could not be found...
  8. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...: In a dialogue box Windows could not start the windows. security center service on local computer Error 126: the specificied module could not be found...
  9. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Malware disabled my Windows Security Center

Malware disabled my Windows Security Center: A virus infected my computer, I lost access to Windows Security, I decided to check Regedit although the "Security" file was deleted, so I tried Reset PC but when I clicked the "Gui" button it wouldn't pop up. I'm still AdministratorIs it possible to fix this problem without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot