Windows 10: WDF_Violation trying to Rest PC in windows 10

Discus and support WDF_Violation trying to Rest PC in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home, upgraded from Windows 7. I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 via the 'Reset PC' function. Each time I try the ensuing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeGl, Feb 14, 2016.

1. MikeGl Win User

WDF_Violation trying to Rest PC in windows 10

I am running Windows 10 Home, upgraded from Windows 7. I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 via the 'Reset PC' function. Each time I try the ensuing restart results in WDF_Violation. This error occurs regards whether I initiate the function in safe mode or the other ways.

I've seen this problem described several times in this forum, although none in 2016, but I don't see any solution. Please see management attachment below.

:)

MikeGl, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Mikeorman Win User

WDF_VIOLATION Windows 10

I recently upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. Shortly after upgrade my monitor went into sleep mode and I could not even access bios. After 2 weeks I managed to get my computer to boot and accept the monitor. Now I am trying to restore factory setting and
    eliminate windows 10 but I keep getting a blue screen with WDF_VIOLATION. Then my pc restarts.

I was really unhappy with windows 8.1 but now I am disgusted with windows 10. Any suggestions on how I can get around this WDF_VIOLATION and restore my pc to factory?

Mikeorman, Feb 14, 2016
  3. WDF_VIOLATION blue screen when trying to reset windows 10 in recovery

Cant reset or reinstall windows 10 in recovery/reset pc... I get a blue screen saying WDF_violation?????

robert19551955, Feb 14, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. MikeGl Win User
    Thank you for the help. I've tried all other reset options, I will post my results.

MikeGl, Feb 16, 2016
  6. MikeGl Win User
    I had to recover my Win7 system, re-run the Windows 10 Home upgrade, did clean install and then I upgraded to Window 10 Pro. Paying for W10 Pro doesn't seem to much benefit over W10 Home. I'm still having intermittent loss of Authority issues, non-existent W10 documentation, etc.

MikeGl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WDF_Violation trying to Rest PC in windows 10 - Similar Threads - WDF_Violation trying Rest

2. WDF_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_VIOLATION: My CPU is at 97-100% when I just opened my rainbow 6 siege. And the temperature is at 90 degrees Celsius at least. Then I searched to fix that problem and said that I need to check for updates in setting and update, and then I click on update in steelseries keyboard then...
  3. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: [IMG]sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/44d67306-e9d5-45c3-a508-6b13854af258
  4. WDF_Violation

WDF_Violation: Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/332b7f53-d824-43e8-9bf3-80d4ad86a98e
  5. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/1d8e0a52-1d47-47c3-b06d-fa59f43a1b9f
  6. BSOD WDF_Violation

BSOD WDF_Violation: Hello, I have this error on pc. This is my first post and thank you for your attention.
  7. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...
  8. BSOD When Trying To Reset Windows 10 (WDF_Violation)

BSOD When Trying To Reset Windows 10 (WDF_Violation): Hey Guys, need urgent help here i have windows 8.1 earlier and upgrade it to windows 10 latest build its working fine till i notice system thread exception BSOD occur sometimes (when using chrome) so i decided to reset my windows 10 and start from begining, but when i try...
  9. BSOD WDF_Violation Reboot windows 10

BSOD WDF_Violation Reboot windows 10: After months of using my computer successfully without any BSOD or whatsoever some random WDF_violation reboot appears today, I don't remember to have installed a new software yesterday, and my hardware ( new monitor ) has been the same for the last 8 days without problems,...
  10. wdf_violation RESET WINDOWS

wdf_violation RESET WINDOWS: i was trying to reset windows and i got message wdf_violation. any help? 23685