Windows 10: WdNisSvc problem

Discus and support WdNisSvc problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Frequently windows freezes up for 20 to 30 seconds , having run task manager it always shows that it is WdNisSvc which is taking up all the memory and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tgreenly, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Tgreenly Win User

WdNisSvc problem

Frequently windows freezes up for 20 to 30 seconds , having run task manager it always shows that it is WdNisSvc which is taking up all the memory and I believe is causing the freeze. Is this something new or am I on the wrong track?

:)

Tgreenly, Aug 13, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows defender WdNisSvc not starting

Inherited a computer at work that has defender turned off. Steps for troubleshooting I took are as follows:

Re-enabled the Local GPO that was manually disabling defender. Rebooted..

Searched for other antivirus in the registry using the find function. None found. Assuming no other anti-virus was installed.

See that in the services, WdNisSVC is not starting due to not being able to "verify the digital signature" event ID 7000

Two other Services connected to defender are running.

Ran svc /scannow... Nothing wrong

Ran "Microsoft Safety scanner" nothing infected.

Trying to start defender via the app. Clicking the "quick start" starts the process, but no files are scanning, not time running.

Rebooted... Same effect. Any ideas?

Running Windows 10 but having to manually rely on updating. Not sure if that is an issue.

davehoskins, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

WdNisSvc problem

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

WdNisSvc problem

1. WdNisSvc problem - Similar Threads - WdNisSvc problem

2. Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome: I tried to buy jewels in Jewels of Rome this morning. It started to load as usual, but then flashed to a different screen which said I had no payment method. I've had one for a long time. I reentered the number, but it said it wasn't valid....
  3. Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with saved payment method - Jewels of Rome: I tried to buy jewels in Jewels of Rome this morning. It started to load as usual, but then flashed to a different screen which said I had no payment method. I've had one for a long time. I reentered the number, but it said it wasn't valid....
  4. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  5. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  6. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  7. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  8. How to solve this problem please help me

9. 3 years with this problem and Microsoft didn't fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 years with this problem and Microsoft didn't fix it: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/q5ix7l/browser_hiding_task_bar_in_windows_11/Same problem as here. I have the PC configured to turn off the screens after 15 minutes. For work reasons I have to leave the computer on all night. So I turn off the screens before I...
  10. WinDefend MsMpEng.exe and WdNisSvc NisSrv.exe registered as Non-system service from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefend MsMpEng.exe and WdNisSvc NisSrv.exe registered as Non-system service from...: hello, i hope someone would help me out but windows defender files acts as a non-system service. it looks weird since it is an essential service in windows but it is registered as a non-system service. can i confirm this? i scanned every scanners possible malwarebytes,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WdNisSvc taking up memory

2. wdnissvc

3. wdnissvc different login