Windows 10: We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

Discus and support We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia <Removed for Privacy>... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KiTo_247, Feb 29, 2024.

1. KiTo_247 Win User

We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia <Removed for Privacy>

:)

KiTo_247, Feb 29, 2024

2. How do I send a text message to a contact's "mobile2" number?

Yes, it is an issue. See
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wptext/sms-with-two-number-listed-in-contact/6eb86cac-9c8c-45ff-ae71-7dc0245719a7

Unless someone else has found a different way, all I do is copy the mobile2 number and go to messaging and add a new text message and paste the mobile2 number. So, suggest putting in as a feature request.

Chris Trabing, Feb 29, 2024
  3. GuruJosh Win User
    Sending SMS text messages

I want to send a plain text message using Windows Mobile 5 to one of my contacts by selecting the person from my contacts list then selecting the send text message option. Doing this puts the contacts name and phone number in the To field of the message
    and when I try to send the message it asks me which phone number to use. I select the mobile number from the list, click select, and then get the error "The text message account cannot be used to send email messages". If I manually enter the contacts mobile
    number in the To field, the message will send succesfully.

My question is, how do I get the mobile number only to appear in the To box instead of both Contact name and Mobile number when selecting a contact and selecting Send Text Message?

GuruJosh, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Can't send/receive text message.

Hi Josh,

We would suggest performing the following:

• Soft resetting the phone by holding the volume down button and power button simultaneously until phone vibrates and shuts off, remove SIM card and insert back before turning it ON.
    • The date and time may be incorrect after restarting your phone. To set the time correctly, go to Settings >
      Time & language > Date & time
    • Check the signal strength on the phone screen, and move to an area with better reception.
    • Send a text message to your own mobile phone number. This will test your sending and receiving capabilities in one go.
    • Check the SMS center number (Messaging > ... > settings >
      SMS center number). If the number is missing or you think it is incorrect, confirm the number with your network operator.
    • If you have Multi-SIM (two SIM cards with the same mobile phone number), note that some text messages can only be received on your assigned primary SIM card.
    If the previous steps do not help, insert a different operator SIM card into your phone to verify that the phone is working properly.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

1. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it - Similar Threads - cannot send text

2. We can't send a text to this number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  3. We can't send a text to this number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  4. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  5. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  6. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error: we cannot send a text message to this number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: we cannot send a text message to this number: My other account with the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was blocked. When I tried to unblock it and changed the password, I received an error saying, "We cannot send a text message to this number." What can I do to resolve this issue? I purchased Windows...
  8. Error: we cannot send a text message to this number

Error: we cannot send a text message to this number: My other account with the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was blocked. When I tried to unblock it and changed the password, I received an error saying, "We cannot send a text message to this number." What can I do to resolve this issue? I purchased Windows...
  9. We cannot send a text message to this number how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We cannot send a text message to this number how to fix: Recently my account has been locked over and over again because bill gates hates me i guess but now for some reason when i enter my phone number, or my friend's number it says it cant send a text message. What do i do?...
  10. We cannot send a text message to this number how to fix

We cannot send a text message to this number how to fix: Recently my account has been locked over and over again because bill gates hates me i guess but now for some reason when i enter my phone number, or my friend's number it says it cant send a text message. What do i do?...