Windows 10: We can't Activate Windows On This Device

Discus and support We can't Activate Windows On This Device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 pro digital license for my PC (and a separate one for my laptop). I have had the same license's for a couple of years. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by antspants, Jun 13, 2017.

1. antspants Win User

We can't Activate Windows On This Device

I have a Win 10 pro digital license for my PC (and a separate one for my laptop). I have had the same license's for a couple of years. I have reinstalled and reloaded system images too many times that I can remember.
    I share a Microsoft account with my laptop (same email address)

Today for the first time since my fresh install of the creative update (which has been working perfectly with the same digital license as I always use) I had to do a system image restore. These messages don't make sense as they seem contradictory in the sense that it is asking me to install Win 10 pro to fix my issue, which is the OS giving me the errors.

We can't Activate Windows On This Device [​IMG]

So I troubleshoot

If I click on "I changed hardware" (for the hellofit) I only see my laptop and no longer see my PC. However they are both present when logging into my Microsoft Account. This is all new to me.

I would hate to think that from now on, maybe because the Creative update is made of different stuff, that I have to do a fresh install of Win 10 as apposed to the convenience of a Win 10 built in made System Image.

Any thoughts.
    I did see that this was a thing last year also with a few people but nothing has helped me so far.

yelp!

#IcantbelievethisishappeningtomeIamsuchaniceguyonewouldthinkIwouldbeimmunetoanyproblemsitsjustnotfai r

:)

antspants, Jun 13, 2017
  2. Dormyr. Win User

We can't activate windows on this device - product key already used. Not the case!

Good evening,

I have a product key for Windows 10. I built a new PC. I downloaded Windows 10 and used my genuine, brand new Windows 10 activation code. I went through the process but had to cancel and start again, entered the new Windows 10 code. It's saying that the
    code was used before.

The only thing I can think of is that I had to stop the install and start again. However, that's the same PC, the one I have just built. Nothing has changed and I can't see any reason why this activation won't go through.

Code new, never used before. Legal copy.

I've been to the Troubleshooting and it won't let me do anything but buy a new code. There has to be more I can do baring in mind how serious this is.

I have a brand new code and it's saying it's been used. There must be a way I can deal with this immediately to have my PC with a paid for, legal copy of Windows ASAP.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Dormyr., Jun 13, 2017
  3. "We cannot activate windows on this device"

I can not get my windows to activate. Have set up email and account but will not let me activate.

alvin freudenburg, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

If it helps, your error code 0xC004F034 apparently means...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...ivation-errors

5. antspants Win User
    Yeah, thanks Bree. I don't enter a key, never have, always digital (email) it has always been my email address and confirmation by logging into my Microsoft account.

If "for a different version of Windows." means windows "Anniversary Update" as apposed to "Creative Update" then a new piece of chalk and a drawing board would do MS well.

antspants, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It may be that when the Troubleshooter said "We have found a Windows 10 Pro license for this device..." it was referring to a digital license tied to the machine's hardware, not to your Microsoft account. Try entering the Windows 10 Pro generic product key:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

No, one key should work for all...

7. antspants Win User
    Thanks for the try Bree. generic didn't work.
    There is a long history with my account and key. Originally it was a Win 8 freebie from Robin (here) and evolved to what it is today, an email account with MS for Win10Pro. I have no idea what happened to the original Win 8 key key Robin gave me.

If I have to and it will save me from kicking the crap out of my PC or buying Microsoft and sacking everyone, I'll just purchase a new key. I have way too much work to do to worry, too much.

I suppose I could do a fresh install and do it the long way using my MS account, but I'd freak out and blow chunks if it happened again in the future.

I am still lost with it asking me to install Win 10 Pro to take advantage of the digital license for a machine already running ... Win 10 pro.

antspants, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Maybe it would be happy with an in-place repair install, at least you would keep your files and apps that way.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

9. antspants Win User
    That's a thought, thanks Bree. I shall try it in the morning after I get this Monitor removed from my foot.

antspants, Jun 13, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and run:

slmgr /ato

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2017
  11. antspants Win User
    Thank you NavyLCDR. Before I seen this message I thought I'd give re-installing the Image again and for some reason this time upon completion there was no longer an issue. I have bookmarked your cmd suggestion for future reference. I appreciate both of you taking the time to help me out.

Cheers

P.S. My apologies for originally posting this thread in the wrong section.

antspants, Jun 14, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    Hey @antspants
    Long time, no see!
    Hope all is well!

Edwin, Jun 14, 2017
  13. antspants Win User

Gidday young fella We can't Activate Windows On This Device :p
    I ran over 365 Monkeys when I was a young idiot, so since my recent heart concerns I decided to get a pinched nerve and a few other issues with my spine. But hey, I'm so good looking nothing can get me down.

*and with that, took one last look over his shoulder and ran for his life, far from the maddening crowd*

Hope you are well Edwin We can't Activate Windows On This Device :p

eeeGad my man, you're a Gold Member Guru, V.I.P
    (I'd expect nothing less)

antspants, Jun 14, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

One day at a time, mate! *Smile

Edwin, Jun 14, 2017
  15. antspants Win User
    Time has nothing on me *Smile

Apparently whilst I was out Win 10 decided to deactivate. This is weird as nothing has changed in over 2 years with my PC less recently the Creative Update.

I tried running slmgr /ato to no joy. looks like I will have to try an in-place repair or fresh install.

antspants, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

1. We can't Activate Windows On This Device - Similar Threads - can't Activate Device

2. we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization...: i just reset windows 11, an this error pops up, and can`t activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-activate-windows-on-this-device-as-we-cant/aa48eac6-d191-4673-b136-8303ed2db426
  3. We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...: Hi,I bought via Amazon a refurbished Optiplex 790 PC Tower that had Windows 11 Pro installed on it as of July 19, 2022 - but I can't activate my Windows as it is unable to connect to the organization's activation server, and it did not come with a product key for me to...
  4. We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...

We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...: Hi,I bought via Amazon a refurbished Optiplex 790 PC Tower that had Windows 11 Pro installed on it as of July 19, 2022 - but I can't activate my Windows as it is unable to connect to the organization's activation server, and it did not come with a product key for me to...
  5. Help! We can't activate windows on this device.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help! We can't activate windows on this device.: I bought a new SSD and install win 10 pro. I cant use my product key error code: 0xC004C008. "we can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used". I already remove my product key from my previous SSD by using slmgr /upk command and slmgr /cpky...
  6. Help! We can't activate windows on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! We can't activate windows on this device.: I bought a new SSD and install win 10 pro. I cant use my product key error code: 0xC004C008. "we can't activate windows on this device because the product key was already used". I already remove my product key from my previous SSD by using slmgr /upk command and slmgr /cpky...
  7. Help! We can't activate windows on this device.

8. we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to the organization server

we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to the organization server: Can anyone tell me brief about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-activate-windows-on-this-device-as-we-cant/b44784c4-9e62-4d4b-8ba6-7467b128cff0
  9. "We Can't Activate windows on this device............"

"We Can't Activate windows on this device............": I need help with this: "We can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to you organization's activation server. Make sure you are connected to your Organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation , Contact your...
  10. We can't activate Windows on this device

We can't activate Windows on this device: [ATTACH] O.K, so this just popped up on my computer between 5:59 - 6:04 PM EST, and I've looked at every solution there is, but to no avail. My Windows 10 Pro has been activated since April 2019. The only thing I can do is to wait until the organisations servers from...