Windows 10: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress

Discus and support We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all I've been having this error in Windows Update running the last slow ring build 14986.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mcored, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mcored Win User

We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress

mcored, Feb 25, 2017
  2. Dan_367 Win User

"We Can't Install Some Updates, because other updates are in Progress"??

Sorry...Not Mike, that's a name from another program. PA BEAR!!

Defender Shows 1.225.1845.0. for both definations dated 7/18/2016.

Computer seems to be working fine now.

As for Malware bytes it been on the computer just a few weeks....Although it's found nothing on that computer, it has saved me a lot of times on this Windows 7 computer, by blocking questionable websites. It will allow you to over ride it; if you want to
    do.

I don't know about Adobe Flash player ..if it's even on the computer or not.. It's on this one..

Thanks PA Bear..

Dan_367, Feb 25, 2017
  3. Dan_367 Win User
    "We Can't Install Some Updates, because other updates are in Progress"??

This is the message on Windows 10 Settings.... "Restarting may help:..We'll keep trying"

What in the world is wrong here?

Dan_367, Feb 25, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

You could try the following....whether it covers what is a Beta O/S is open to speculation.
    Link below is for Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter...

https://aka.ms/wudiag

dencal, Feb 25, 2017
  5. mcored Win User
    mcored, Feb 25, 2017
  6. hawkman Win User
    Hi Mcored,

Were on a learning curve here so bear with me.

Can you navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TrustedInstaller\Start

in the right hand pane

START Reg-DWORD 0x0000003 (3)
    Whats yours showing???

in previous versions of the OS 4 or greater means its confused, (user action required)
    3 is default - no actions required
    2 is Update pending.

Roy

hawkman, Feb 27, 2017
  7. mcored Win User
    Hi Roy

Thanks for your help although I hit a brick wall:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1...8_20-49-30.jpg

There is no Services once I navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.

Can this be a problem?

Thanks
    Michael

mcored, Feb 27, 2017
  8. clam1952 Win User

Wrong place you have gone too deep, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TrustedInstaller\Start

clam1952, Feb 27, 2017
  9. mcored Win User
    mcored, Feb 27, 2017
  10. hawkman Win User
    DOH,
    that was my banker.
    Can you copy/Zip, this log please
    TEXT doc only

C >> windows >> logS >> cbs

Roy

hawkman, Feb 27, 2017
  11. mcored Win User
    mcored, Feb 27, 2017
  12. hawkman Win User
    Hi Mcored,
    well this is whats causing it, just gotta find the fix.
    2017-02-27 05:55:31, Info DPX Extraction of file: update.ses failed because it is not present in the container (\\?\C:\WINDOWS\CbsTemp\30576763_15156415\23c0490f-3240-456f-9dc0-95f780e2515c_200\Microsoft-OneCore-DeveloperMode-Desktop-Package.cab).
    2017-02-27 05:55:31, Info DPX DpxException hr=0x80070002 code=0x020109
    2017-02-27 05:55:31, Info CBS Not able to add file to extract: update.ses [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

Roy

hawkman, Feb 27, 2017
  13. mcored Win User

Hey Roy, that's the best answer (way forward) I have gotten so far. Thanks so much. I will keep researching what Windows Update that belongs and reinstall!

mcored, Feb 28, 2017
  14. hawkman Win User
    Hi Mcored,
    Dont think its an update, as such, Arabic language pack, OCR-ar-sa

So the next question what version are you running, Home---- etc?
    Have you got that pack installed, if so uninstall it
    REBOOT

try updating.

Next if your version supports language packs and you need it, repair corrupt table

run this mapping table
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...g%20Table.xlsx

Roy

hawkman, Feb 28, 2017
  15. mcored Win User
    Hi Roy, I don't have an Arabic language at all. I only have English (Australia).

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I am not exactly sure what to do with the spreadsheet. The content of the spreadsheet is all Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Fonts-*.cab. Error however is the Microsoft-OneCore-DeveloperMode-Desktop-Package.cab?

mcored, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

1. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress - Similar Threads - can't install updates

2. I can't see the update progress....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the update progress....: I am currently upgrading from win10 to win11 23h2, during the installation my pc tower is powered on and running, but my monitors are reading "no signal" **** well as my keyboard mouse and headphones not working/active...
  3. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  4. windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 update error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in...: i just wiped my computer to resolve an issue and some of the windows update drivers wont install but have the error "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing later." its been like that for 4 hours and ive restarted it 3-5...
  5. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  6. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  7. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...: Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update. I have 2 updates downloading as I write this, Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release, which is currently downloading and stands at 2% downloaded. Security...
  8. How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Fix: We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting...: I tried to update my Windows 10 but suddenly it came out We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update. how to fix it? stafaband I've tried other tutorials on Google but it doesn't...
  9. We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 Updates throws out this error We couldn’t install some updates because the PC was turned off, then here is what you need to do to get out of this mess. These updates usually happen for some basic [...] This post We couldn’t install some updates because...
  10. We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off.: Hey, i can't remember but it may have been interrupted or not... So now I'm stuck. I've googled this issue and tried this guide: We Couldnt Install some updates because the PC was Turned off Windows 10 No luck. Any ideas? Do you need my cBS log? CBS.zip 110614