Windows 10: We can't update the system reserve partition

Discus and support We can't update the system reserve partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by branparsons66, Aug 8, 2015.

1. We can't update the system reserve partition

Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago.

:)

branparsons66, Aug 8, 2015
  2. elle-bi Win User

Can't update windows 10 -

I can't update windows 10 to version 1607. i receive the error message: "we couln't update system reserved partition", which happens, as I understand, whan system reserved partition in too small.

Unfortunately, as many programs and tools show, I have no system reserved partition in my computer, so I can't expand it

elle-bi, Aug 8, 2015
  3. 王敏88 Win User
    Display problems on some AMD Radeon video cards after installing an update

We can't update the system reservation partition and how to deal with it now

王敏88, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

We can't update the system reserve partition

Which drive are you trying to install to?

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I have no idea. Would my external E: drive be a good idea? I really don't know which one would be best

6. Kyhi Win User
    windows 10 uses a 16MB MSR Reserved partition
    A 450MB Recovery partition
    A 100MB EFI partition

E is an external, removable drive ??..

Kyhi, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    You could try moving your ESP to that 100MB unallocated space. Maybe it wouldn't complain then.

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  8. We can't update the system reserve partition

Not sure what to do. It wouldnt let me move the allocated space. Yes E is an external drive.

9. Would restoring the pc to default settings change my partitions that I made to use for linux? If so I'll just wipe the hard drive clean if that's possible

branparsons66, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

We can't update the system reserve partition

1. We can't update the system reserve partition - Similar Threads - can't update system

2. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition": [ATTACH] "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" I am getting this error when I try to update windows. Here's a screenshot of my drives. I have windows installed on disk 3, which is my C drive. For some reason on disk management, it shows that the system...
  3. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition": [ATTACH] I'm currently trying to update to Windows 10 using Microsoft's media tool on their website. It gets to a certain point then gives me the below error message: Upgrade error message I've briefly messed around in the partitions before when I bought an SSD to...
  4. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition"

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition": I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Basic to Windows 10 Pro from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 My system is set up with GPT. This seems to be a significant issue because most solutions online only work for MBR. After I go through the...
  5. we couldn't update the system reserved partition

we couldn't update the system reserved partition: Trying to download Windows 10 (I have Windows 7) here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I go through that DL process and it shoots an error message: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition" and I find this is a pretty common error message...
  6. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have windows updates that I cannot run. The problem seems to be a space one. Disk 0 is a clone of Disk 1. When I did a search I have found several articles explaining how to expand the partition, but I do not seem to have one to expand. I am thinking it is the D: drive...
  7. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  8. we could'nt update the system reserved partition.

we could'nt update the system reserved partition.: Error message "We could'nt update the system reserved partition" after running Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-update-the-system-reserved-partition/97a17595-6890-4613-9392-19f51f90a9d5
  9. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

We couldn't update the system reserved partition: The update automatically tries to install but I keep getting this. It says Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition. Several times I got error code: 8000FFFF. I'm trying to update a Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 7 Pro. SP1 9956
  10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition

We couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have googled this issue a lot and I see a lot of things that can be done but I some are not working. My partitions look different so its a little strange. When I try to upgrade to 10, I get the error message "We couldn't update the system partition". I had an older SSD that...