Windows 10: We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start

Discus and support We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My wife and I both have HP laptops that has Win 7.... We upgraded to Win 10 and now every time we close or they time out and shut off. It takes a REAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LeeB, Aug 1, 2015.

1. LeeB Win User

We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start

My wife and I both have HP laptops that has Win 7.... We upgraded to Win 10 and now every time we close or they time out and shut off. It takes a REAL long time to re-start... The ON button is always lit and the WiFi light remains on I had to hold the off button on my wife's and do a force shut down in order to get hers to start back up.....

:)

LeeB, Aug 1, 2015
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Photos screen saver takes a long time to start

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the methods and check if it help.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC scan, refer the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: DISM.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Kindly reply to us, whether you are able to fix the issue or not. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Photos screen saver takes a long time to start

I'm afraid that didn't help. I had the waiting time already set to 1 minute, and increasing it (to 3 minutes) didn't seem to have any impact on how long it takes between the screen going blank and the first picture of the screen saver to show.

ArabianSilver, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start

1. We close our Laptop's and it's takes a Long Time to re-start - Similar Threads - close Laptop's takes

2. Unknown app takes long time to close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown app takes long time to close: On Windows 10 Pro v22H2 shutdown takes 2 to 4 minutes to shutdown. Popup reads "Closing 1 app and shutting down. gvrBackgroundWindow3." Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-app-takes-long-time-to-close/c09f5538-5eae-4c9a-a857-f569c32b4c80
  3. Unknown app takes long time to close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown app takes long time to close: On Windows 10 Pro v22H2 shutdown takes 2 to 4 minutes to shutdown. Popup reads "Closing 1 app and shutting down. gvrBackgroundWindow3." Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-app-takes-long-time-to-close/c09f5538-5eae-4c9a-a857-f569c32b4c80
  4. Unknown app takes long time to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep: Yesterday I noticed that it's taking the laptop a rather long time to "go to sleep" whem I close the lid. Usually it'd only take 1 minute tops, even with a lot of programs running, but this time it took maybe 4-5 minutes? I thought it might be because I had been using the...
  6. Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep: Yesterday I noticed that it's taking the laptop a rather long time to "go to sleep" whem I close the lid. Usually it'd only take 1 minute tops, even with a lot of programs running, but this time it took maybe 4-5 minutes? I thought it might be because I had been using the...
  7. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  8. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  9. Laptop taking long time to boot

Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  10. NSI service taking a long time to start

NSI service taking a long time to start: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504 My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen goes black for as much as 20 minutes. The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved during this time. Eventually the login...