Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Discus and support "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bekutoru, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Bekutoru Win User

"We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Hi,

On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes while it claims to be updating. Not only this, but it has to reboot to boot up WITHOUT the updates that for no apparent reason it can't complete. Please let me know what I can do about this. Windows takes 3+ minutes to really complete the booting process, and this makes it take more like ten. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's some basic info; let me know if you need more about my system:

CPU: AMD 8350FX
    GPU: Radeon R9 270X
    16GB RAM

:)

Bekutoru, Jul 22, 2016

2. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Hi Gerry,

Any other info I could include? I can get into my system info and let you know all the details if they'd be helpful. No dice on my end as far as the updates working. Thanks for the thorough info!

kodiakster, Jul 22, 2016
  3. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if anything's wrong with this file, or if I didn't link correctly(this is my first OneDrive use ever.)

OneDrive

kodiakster, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Bekutoru Win User

Any help on this? The official MS forums haven't replied in over a week now and taking 10 minutes to boot every day is really taking its toll on my sanity. Thanks in advance for anything that might push me in the right direction.

Bekutoru, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

1. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare - Similar Threads - couldn't complete updates

2. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes: Hi I have a VM running on Virtual Box on Linux, the windows OS is Windows 10 Professional (version: 10.0.15063) Build 15063 I am trying to patch this for the DejaBlue by installing KB4512507 https://support. I have successfully installed the latest service Stack SSU...
  3. we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows windows on update KB4497934

we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows windows on update KB4497934: after windows update KB4497934 . then system automatically restarted. then after updating 44% then it is showing we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows . [ATTACH] 3.it is repeating like this 2 or 3 times . 4.then home screen is coming . 5.atlast...
  4. error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.

error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.: what does this mean? how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-we-could-not-complete-the-updates/90ab5e92-6268-4f50-b79a-558a689309ee
  5. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service.": Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." My internet connection is active (since I am posting this...
  6. windows 10 :error couldn't complete update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 :error couldn't complete update: i need some techincal support operator to help me my windows 10 wont update to the newest version of windows 10 for the 2017 update each time i try to get the trouble shooter it wouldnt let me update windows after it asked me to restart it would install and then say try again...
  7. Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes": This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. " It also strangely goes into a cycle of restarting numerous times and repeating the...
  8. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...
  9. KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Thanks Jeff! I did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home version 1709 on a MSI GE72 notebook and the update KB4093112 was installing in a loop (7 times). Then I did the upgrade with the Media Creation Tool and everything looks good now.
  10. Couldn't Complete Updates

Couldn't Complete Updates: I have Windows 10, and I installed some necessary updates this morning, before it completed installing it switched to 'we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes' It never leaves this page. I've tried restarting to enter safe mode but it doesn't work, I keep ending...