Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Discus and support "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bekutoru, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Bekutoru Win User

"We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Hi,

On Windows 10 lately I've gotten this message(or something close to verbatim) with the pink screen every time I boot after waiting a few minutes while it claims to be updating. Not only this, but it has to reboot to boot up WITHOUT the updates that for no apparent reason it can't complete. Please let me know what I can do about this. Windows takes 3+ minutes to really complete the booting process, and this makes it take more like ten. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's some basic info; let me know if you need more about my system:

CPU: AMD 8350FX
    GPU: Radeon R9 270X
    16GB RAM

:)

Bekutoru, Jul 22, 2016

2. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Hi Gerry,

Any other info I could include? I can get into my system info and let you know all the details if they'd be helpful. No dice on my end as far as the updates working. Thanks for the thorough info!

kodiakster, Jul 22, 2016
  3. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if anything's wrong with this file, or if I didn't link correctly(this is my first OneDrive use ever.)

OneDrive

kodiakster, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Bekutoru Win User

Any help on this? The official MS forums haven't replied in over a week now and taking 10 minutes to boot every day is really taking its toll on my sanity. Thanks in advance for anything that might push me in the right direction.

Bekutoru, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

1. "We couldn't complete the updates" error message nightmare - Similar Threads - couldn't complete updates

2. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  3. We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete updates, undoing changes: Hello, For the past week or so i have been attempting to update my Windows 10 PC. I have enough drive space for the updateWhenever the update restarts it simply just says reverting changes,I have tried Deleting software distribution but hasn't worked.I also tried upgrading to...
  4. We couldn't complete the update reverting changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the update reverting changes: Hi,I was trying to update my laptop and when I went to restart it wasn't able to and reverted changes. I looked through some forums and couldn't find anything that worked. The problem came from no where and I don't remember hard shutting down my laptop at all.Update I'm...
  5. We couldn't complete the updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't complete the updates.: So every time i start my pc i got the message "we couldn't complete the updates", i managed to enter safe mode, what do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates/fd6ceaf8-d01a-40be-8f03-7fd0601176f6
  6. "We couldn't complete the updates"

"We couldn't complete the updates": So I'm here still waiting for my pc to finish the same thing that happens since you released the 20H2 update: it tries to update but then it says that it couldn't, so every time i turn on the system i have to wait like 15 minutes and watch this process. All the money that...
  7. Windows update"We couldn't complete the update.Undoing changes message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update"We couldn't complete the update.Undoing changes message: Hi, I hope you can help.I'm running W10 Home on HP laptop.Win ver 2004 OS build19041.508.Update said KB4592438 needed to be installed.I looked in update history and it was installed yet update keeps trying to install it and then I get the message "couldn't complete...
  8. we couldn't complete updates error code 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't complete updates error code 0x80070002: ive tryed using the trouble shooter it is not working submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jta7a5/we_couldnt_complete_updates_error_code_0x80070002/
  9. we couldn't complete the updates KB4541335

we couldn't complete the updates KB4541335: I tried, without success, to update manually or through windows update the cumulative update for windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based systems KB4541335. My OS Build is 18363.720. After downloaded and instaled the update the computer restarted, but I saw a message after 7% of...
  10. We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't complete the updates (KB3135173): Hello, I tried installing update KB3135173. When I restarted after downloading the update, it gave me this message on the BIOS splash screen: Fatal Error C00000D4 applying update operation 872 of 50659 (InkDiv.dll) Then, when showing the Windows 10 start animation,...