Windows 10: Weather App Bug

Discus and support Weather App Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This was a thing in Win8 and now it's a thing in WIn10. Temp doesn't match hourly temp and the hourly temp is the correct one. [img] 23505 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Sep 20, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

Weather App Bug

This was a thing in Win8 and now it's a thing in WIn10.

Temp doesn't match hourly temp and the hourly temp is the correct one.

Weather App Bug [​IMG]

:)

elbeasto, Sep 20, 2015

2. weather app crashed

Weather app crashed because bugs. Weather app fake. I looked out the window. Weather sun and nice. I did reset password and restarted my phone refresh and update but problem

76f790ce-6bed-4deb-a029-69650be7fbda, Sep 20, 2015
  3. how to put the Weather app in sistem tray ?

weather bug app is the only one I have found to put the temp and weather in the system tray am looking for a different one my self right now

tellyindahouse, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Weather App Bug

That's(bottom temp)the projected temp for the next hour. Look at the temp at the top and look at your clock, and compare the time under the bottom temp.

EDIT: If it's correct, well that's another story*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 20, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    Well I took that screen at 5.44am so I thought the main temp would be closer to the hourly forcast. It really felt more like 11 than 16 at that hour of the morning too.

I could be wrong of course, I didn't have a weather gauge handy *Biggrin

elbeasto, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Oh well, here's a screenshot of mine now(it's 06:40 a.m)

Weather App Bug [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Hmm. Mine is matching. It's 11:48 pm ATM. Fahrenheit of course. Celsius matches too.

Weather App Bug [​IMG]

Tony K, Sep 21, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Weather App Bug

I just did some comparing, being that the app uses FORECA(for me anyhow)

Using Bing search

Weather App Bug [​IMG]

Strait from Foreca

Weather App Bug [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  9. elbeasto Win User
    I don't mid if it doesn't match so much but the main temp often seems way off compared to the forecast temp.

That said mine is matching atm too.

I find weatherzone to be the most accurate, perhaps because it's based in my country there's less change of a time error or something.

elbeasto, Sep 21, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    I think there's a few factors. It all depends on how often MS servers refreshes with data from Foreca servers. You can push "Data from Foreca" at the bottom to open a browser page. My app states it's 2°F warmer than the Foreca site. I live in an area where it could be 80°F and 5 minutes later it's 70°F. Weather can change that drastically.

It depends on which weather station you're getting weather from. e.g. I live in a river valley where it will be a little cooler than outside the valley. My app is set to a weather station a half mile away. Foreca could be posting from a different station.

All in all it's pretty close.

Tony K, Sep 21, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    That's like when I used to work in Neuses, 4 villages away from where I live, and took the train. Going home after work on the train, it would be raining in Neuses, sunny in Hirschaid,, raining in Buttenheim, sunny in Strullendorf, and drizzeling in Bamberg where I live, all in a 20 minute ride!

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    *Thumbs

I know you're originally from the States, but out East yes? When It's 80/90° and the temp drops 10° here, one had better start thinking what shelter or hole is close by to jump in because odds are there's going to be a t-storm and possibly a tornado. I find the app is good in warning of foul weather. I have the app on my Lumia as well.

In fact there's a flood warning on my shot above, but that's for a river 35 miles away.

Tony K, Sep 21, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Weather App Bug

I was stationed 3 years at Ft. Sill Oklahoma, I know how fast weather can change*chuckle. One late spring/early summer it was in the high 70's, a supercell built causing a small tornado, which then cooled every thing to the point that it snowed(not hail but snow) a couple of inches in a few hours, the snow was gone the next day. The Oklahomians(Oklahomites???) have a saying: "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute")*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weather App Bug

1. Weather App Bug - Similar Threads - Weather App Bug

2. Microsoft Weather Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather Bug: Hi i have microsoft weather showing my location error what can i do i have tried everything i know what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-weather-bug/e7aca4ec-fbe3-4fe2-9acd-91d93f5944ab
  3. Microsoft Weather Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Weather Bug: Hi i have microsoft weather showing my location error what can i do i have tried everything i know what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-weather-bug/e7aca4ec-fbe3-4fe2-9acd-91d93f5944ab
  4. Microsoft Weather Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather App

Weather App: Windows 10 is already the most catastrophic OS of all time - and now this: The "Weather App" is no longer what it used to be. A new Microsoft feature, so to speak. I had a list with about 20 favorite places. This list was ordered from north to south An alphabetical...
  6. Bug on the Weather Live Tile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug on the Weather Live Tile: [ATTACH] Does anyone else notice how the chance of rain in the Live Tile and the actual app are completely different? The app is correct BTW, there is no way it's raining today in SoCal. App Live Tile submitted by /u/Okami_Brian [link] [comments]...
  7. MSN Weather App Bug

MSN Weather App Bug: In the MSN Weather App, it shows "Cloudy" on Fahrenheit, but it shows "Light Rain" on Celsius. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-bug/f31cdab2-c9f5-455a-b83e-16f87f86e9b2
  8. Weather App color

Weather App color: The windows 10 weather app color is now brown. This is much harder to read. Is it possible to change it back to the original color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-color/a115e95f-4aeb-45c3-8fb0-a3b0639f1de7
  9. Weather App

Weather App: Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start. The store works fine; I...
  10. Weather App

Weather App: So the weather app in W10 preview is an updated version that is somewhat half broke. I figured out how to get the old version. Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter Code: Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Then go to the...