Windows 10: Weather App Live Tile Still not working

Discus and support Weather App Live Tile Still not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have just installed the Threshold 2 update but still my Weather live tile is not working, it worked for a few days after I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tonymarcus, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Weather App Live Tile Still not working

Hello Guys,

I have just installed the Threshold 2 update but still my Weather live tile is not working, it worked for a few days after I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 but ever since then it's not worked, I was hoping this big update was going to fix this.

Is anyone else still having problems with the live tile, is there a way I can reinstall the weather app?

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Nov 14, 2015

2. Weather live tile does not update

I had the same problem as well.

So far, for me a solution which seems to work has been the following:

Open the Weather app tile and set it with the live tile on

Open the weather app

Go on the left border of the screen inside the weather window, low part, where your user account picture shows up and click on it tolog out (in this way the log out is for the weather app, not for the PC!)

Close the application - the tile should become live

Reopen the weather app, and log in with your Microsoft account

the tile remains live

Monferrato, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Weather live tile does not update

The weather tile, the photo tile, and the store tile are all on one tile, I must click on that tile, and the photo tile is blank, does not work. I have restarted several times, nothing changed.

FaithMincer, Nov 14, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Weather App Live Tile Still not working

Hi tonymarcus, I have the same problem. The weather app would open to nothing for a flash and then disappear. What I just tried is to remove the app using powershell and then go to the store and reinstall it. It is called MSN weather. I then pinned it to start. It seems to work right now. I'll report back in about 11 hours when I get up in the morning. For me the weather app has always had problems after it is unused for a while. The RTM build one would open, but be stuck on yesterday until I closed and reopened it. The modern apps are sill a work in progress. From the tutorial forum https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html . Powershell is option 2.

JohnC, Nov 15, 2015
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Hi tonymarcus, The problem I have with my news tile and weather tile is I have to click them twice before they stay on

jerrypc1, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Try this,
    1) Goto C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Packages and delete Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    2) Run the following in a Administrative PowerShell:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]

Almighty1, Nov 15, 2015
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Almighty1 Thanks for the tip But it didn't work for me.my problem is not too bad I click the news or the weather and they come on and then go off then I click either of them again and they stay on until I close them. none of the other tiles give me any problem.Thanks anyway

jerrypc1, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

I think the tiles are just buggy because my weather only works when it feels like it. If you click on the tile so it opens up weather and then close weather, it will just start working.

Almighty1, Nov 15, 2015
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    I think you are right Almighty maybe after we get a few more windows updates every thing will start working right .

jerrypc1, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Hello,

Thanks for the advise, I have reinstalled the weather app but the live tile still doesn't work.

Tony

[/quote]

tonymarcus, Nov 15, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    I had a similar problem with my test PC. After upgrading to TH2 (build 10586) none of my modern apps worked! I loaded Windows Store, signed in and then clicked on my account picture and selected Downloads and updates. All of the apps needed to reinstall or update. After leaving it enough time to finish, my apps work again.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  12. JohnC Win User
    Mine is back to not working. It must have something to do with syncing with MSN.

JohnC, Nov 15, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Have you tried to open the Weather app to see if it works in a Window or full-screen? If it works, then there must be some setting or other conflict preventing the tile from updating.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  14. Almighty1 Win User
    For me, I just clicked on the Start Menu when I came back to this thread and the weather tile is basically the logo for the weather app, had to put my mouse on top of it and then it updated, maybe it's a on-demand live tile and not real time live. LOL

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather App Live Tile Still not working - Similar Threads - Weather App Live

2. How to reset weather app live tile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  3. How to reset weather app live tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  4. Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location

Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location: After trying the various "solutions" offered for this problem, that unfortunately don't work, where do we go from here? It appears that the thread has died a death.It seems that this is indeed a Microsoft problem.Is Microsoft aware of it?If not, how do we make Microsoft aware...
  5. Weather live tiles

Weather live tiles: So basically i have my weather app pinned to start and it's showing the wrong name of the location, but when i click on it it show it correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-live-tiles/b5950d27-7e02-4baf-94ae-8d223a3e75e9
  6. Bug on the Weather Live Tile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug on the Weather Live Tile: [ATTACH] Does anyone else notice how the chance of rain in the Live Tile and the actual app are completely different? The app is correct BTW, there is no way it's raining today in SoCal. App Live Tile submitted by /u/Okami_Brian [link] [comments]...
  7. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  8. Live tile Weather app not working

Live tile Weather app not working: Live tile in the Weather app not working after last update of the app. It keeps defaulting to Canberra, despite being set to Sydney. Tried resetting, uninstalling / reinstalling. Why does Microsofoft keep breaking this?...
  9. weather app live tile not working in large mode

weather app live tile not working in large mode: ok, as the title suggests, my windows weather tile isnt working in large mode, now if I resize to any other size, it live updates. I has no idea what happened to cause large mode to not want to update. 62049
  10. Windows Spotlight not working, Weather live tile not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight not working, Weather live tile not working: Windows Spotlight isn't working, I've tried like all steps found in the Internet to fix it but I just can't get it to work. It was working great on TH2 but since I clean installed RS1 it hasn't worked not once! Anyone got any solutions I could try? Another thing that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window phone weather live tile not work

2. windows phone weather app not working

3. weather live app is not working

4. live tile for weather not working,
  5. windows update breaks weather tile,
  6. weather live tile not working,
  7. weather app live tile not working