Windows 10: Weather App stopped working.

Discus and support Weather App stopped working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys my most used App the Windows Weather app has stopped working, I click on it to open and it open and then closes again right away. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DJ Steve, Jul 26, 2015.

1. DJ Steve Win User

Weather App stopped working.

Hi Guys my most used App the Windows Weather app has stopped working, I click on it to open and it open and then closes again right away. Is there anyway I can fix this? Is it a common Win 10 app system fault with the app or is my PC specific that has the problem?

TIA

:)

DJ Steve, Jul 26, 2015

2. Nokia Weather Application stopped working on Symbian

Something else which has stopped working, looks like a server issue with the weather App, it starts to load the weather data then stops and gives "The latest forecast is not available"

Ps, S40 weather works fine

allstar12345, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Weather app stopped working, will not load after update.

Hi Marty,

Windows Store cache may have been damaged error message occurs when the app is already corrupted. We recommend that reset the app. Go to Settings> Apps> Store> Advanced options> Reset. After that kindly restart your computer.

Note: This will permanently delete the app's data on your device.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Warkratos Win User

I was with a similar problem with Store app, I think you can try to go to C:\Users\[ACCOUNTNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

And delete all folders inside LocalCache. Or try the tips posted here: Store app broken - Windows 10 Forums

Warkratos, Jul 26, 2015
  5. DJ Steve Win User
    Thanks to all who replied *Smile I have tried all of the suggestions given here but can now report no change to the app, it still load opens and then closes again *Sad

DJ Steve, Jul 27, 2015
  6. DJ Steve Win User
    It seems no matter what I have tied the weather app will not work *Sad So I have downloaded and installed the app from AccuWeather although not as nice as the Win 10 app it will have to do bar a fresh install of Win 10 I can't think of any other solution.

DJ Steve, Jul 28, 2015
  7. DJ Steve Win User
    So I never got the app fixed but was having a few other problems too. I decided a clean install was the way to go and after spending about 8 hours doing a fresh install and putting all my other programs back on and getting the system the way I wanted, I can now report everything is working the way it should do if not better. A fresh install is deffo the way to go with Win 10 to see how this OS really works!

DJ Steve, Aug 4, 2015
  8. simonj88 Win User

I'm having the same problem. Weather app opens and closes right away - it was working fine. The live tile works. It even works in my wife's account on this computer, so it must be fixable. It works on my laptop, so it's not me. I've tried uninstalling the app using PowerShell (why can't microsoft make things straightforward?) and reinstalling, but it makes no difference... I don't even get the initial setup screen. This isn't a new problem and can't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet. I don't want to do a complete refresh because of the time and inconvenience involved... and there's no guarantee that even if it fixes the problem, it will stay fixed.

simonj88, Aug 29, 2015
  9. PJLLB Win User
    This sounds like the same problem I have with the Money app. It opens and closes immediately but the live tile works. The app works fine in the other Windows local accounts on the same machine. Can someone with the Weather app issue try a different Windows local account and see is the Weather app is broken there too?

A full Wndows rebuild is not an option!

PJLLB, Aug 29, 2015
  10. It was Mail the other day and today it's Weather. Uninstall and reinstall of Mail solved the crashing issue but no such luck with the Weather app.

cyberrufus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather App stopped working. - Similar Threads - Weather App stopped

2. Weather app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather app is not working: Hello, the MSN Weather app is not working. I have tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling the app.Best,Manuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-is-not-working/4d519abd-a918-46ce-8ebf-a62ec1885b7e
  3. Weather app is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app is not working: Hello, the MSN Weather app is not working. I have tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling the app.Best,Manuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-is-not-working/4d519abd-a918-46ce-8ebf-a62ec1885b7e
  4. Weather App Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App Not Working: Tried resetting Weather app but didn't work. After uninstalling the app, I found that the Windows Weather App IS NOT available from the Microsoft APP Store. For the time being, I have downloaded and install MSN Weather.However, I really would like to download and install the...
  5. Weather App Not Working

Weather App Not Working: Tried resetting Weather app but didn't work. After uninstalling the app, I found that the Windows Weather App IS NOT available from the Microsoft APP Store. For the time being, I have downloaded and install MSN Weather.However, I really would like to download and install the...
  6. weather app doesn't work

weather app doesn't work: My weather app doesn't load at all. the dotted circle just spins and spins. I googled this and found someething about resetting it but found no location or tab that they talked about. At all.Can you help me? Thanks...
  7. MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.: I had selected the Weather app to show detailed status on the lock screen and it was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when the MSN Weather app got updated with the new awful live tile, ever since then I can't get the weather information to show up on my lock screen, this...
  8. Weather radar apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather radar apps not working: A few months ago my weather radar apps stopped functioning correctly. I was using MyRadar which worked great. Now the app loads just fine, but it's like the data connection cuts out. The base map won't load beyond the the default view and the actual radar data never loads....
  9. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  10. Live tile Weather app not working

Live tile Weather app not working: Live tile in the Weather app not working after last update of the app. It keeps defaulting to Canberra, despite being set to Sydney. Tried resetting, uninstalling / reinstalling. Why does Microsofoft keep breaking this?...