Windows 10: Weather App

Discus and support Weather App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Edwin, If s suggestion to update doesn't work (oh yeah, the Store (beta) update has changed a bit - check the options under your ID icon - it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dude, May 6, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

Weather App

This is what fixed the newer weather app for me.

2. Edwin New Member

Everything seems to work/display okay but the temps are always off by 10 - 15 degrees. Other info seems incorrect as well! *Confused

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Might want to check if it's the correct city in the correct country/province/state ...etc. If I'm not careful there are 3 other Bamberg including one in the states.

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Weather App

Location etc is all good.
    I think I know what the problem may be; it may be pulling results from a weather station down by Lake Erie.
    I've had that with another app on my tablet, about 10º difference!

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I find the weather app on Win8 & Win10 and the weather on Bing Desktop on Win7 to be pretty exact including MSN weather. In fact more exact than the popular weather sites here Wetter.com, wetter.de and wetter.info. I believe that MSN uses Foreca.

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Yes it does Cliff

Weather App [​IMG]

7. Cliff S New Member
    AccuWeather is pretty good too, but I find Foreca the most exact(for where I live)hourly and for even the next four days. For me this is important because, I have about a 20 minute bicycle ride, to & back from work, so I need to know what to wear/bring to work.

Cliff S, May 23, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Weather App

Beats me! *Confused

Temp is never even close!

Weather App [​IMG]

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    That is strange Edwin. When I go to add Chatham it list two options. They give different readings.

Weather App [​IMG]

Weather App [​IMG]

10. Edwin New Member
    Definitely messed up!

I'm livin in a ghost town!!! *Confused

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    Try entering your postal code and see if that makes a difference.

12. Edwin New Member
    Nope! Tried my utmost, not working, sent feedback, done!

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  13. Weather App

Ok, I know when to give up on minor issues. I was going to suggest toggling the F and C setting on the app

... if you're curious ... how does the data source compare to the Weather app?

Weather Forecast Chatham-Kent - Foreca.com

Slartybart, May 23, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Same, 15º off!

Weather App [​IMG]

Weather App [​IMG]

Cortana gives the proper weather though! *Smile

Weather App [​IMG]

Edwin, May 23, 2015
  15. soooo now all you have to do is figure out how to get the weather app to use data from WDT instead of Foreca *Wink

or just look out the window.

I actually like the Cortana Weather interest - it prevents the trending crap from being displayed. But Cortana won't find much work on this machine - the thing is turned off.

I'll have to figure out Windows help though.

Slartybart, May 24, 2015
Thema:

Weather App

1. Weather App - Similar Threads - Weather App

2. Windows 11 Weather App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Weather App: Hi,How do I get the Weather app on Win 11 to appear on my Desktop? I do not want it on my Taskbar, but I want it to appear as a short on my Desktop. Can this be done?Thanks, Tony...
  3. Windows 11 Weather App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Weather App: Hi,How do I get the Weather app on Win 11 to appear on my Desktop? I do not want it on my Taskbar, but I want it to appear as a short on my Desktop. Can this be done?Thanks, Tony...
  4. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  5. W11 desktop login screen weather app

W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  6. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  7. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  8. when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...: when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to msn.cnhere is the prtscn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-open-weather-app-the-main-page-jump-to-msncn/5343e4e3-ed7d-436e-bad1-c643caf2dbad
  9. when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...

when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...: when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to msn.cnhere is the prtscn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-open-weather-app-the-main-page-jump-to-msncn/5343e4e3-ed7d-436e-bad1-c643caf2dbad
  10. Weather App Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App Windows 11: Why is there no precipitation projection on Windows 11 Weather App? It seems to be pretty critical info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-windows-11/8df23c5b-41b6-4234-bbcd-b10f40d92265