Windows 10: Weather App

Discus and support Weather App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by n0mad, Jul 30, 2015.

1. n0mad Win User

Weather App

Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start.
    The store works fine; I also tried to remove the application via powershell and then reinstall it from the store but it still doesn't work.
    It worked only once , as soon as I updated Win 8.1 to 10.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

n0mad, Jul 30, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

MSN Weather app installs but not working after creators update

Is the MSN weather app different than the Weather app in All apps?

lacrumb, Jul 30, 2015
  3. glance screen

There are weather apps that can be set to show your weather on the lock screen. I use the "Amazing Weather HD" app on my
    phone and there's a setting within that app that I could set to show weather from that app on my phone's lockscreen.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Weather App

No ideas but it does work fine here. The app is completely redone in 10 though, much more info on one screen

philnolan3d, Jul 31, 2015
  5. n0mad Win User
    Yeah, I liked it even if I saw it only once right after the update! I guess I should delete all and run a clean install... I tried also DISM/SFC but looks like they can't fix the probem even if they detect one.

n0mad, Jul 31, 2015
  6. I was just looking, I don't see any way to just uninstall that app.

7. I prefer The Weather Channel app, just because the radar in Microsoft Weather is so low resolution.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  8. n0mad Win User

Weather App

Yeah , I tried to remove it thorugh powershells commands and then reinstall back from the Store. No luck tho.

There's no radar for my place not even weather alert.

n0mad, Jul 31, 2015
  9. That is true, The resolution is the only thing I don't like in that app. I also did complain about the one in 8 recently though. The old version had weather from several sources, the new ones only have MSN weather.

10. Dude Win User
    Run updates in the store, and reboot a few times. Also run windows update. It will kick in soon

11. n0mad Win User
    The store and Windows Update doesn't find any new update. I rebooted and run the update check 15 times. Still no luck with the weather app which is the only to fail to run.

edit: I also tried the sfc /scannow and all dism commands. It shows image as repairable but it always fail to repair it

n0mad, Jul 31, 2015
  12. marco Win User
    I have the same exact problem with Weather application as n0mad describes it. I tried also several possible solutions but no luck.

marco, Jul 31, 2015
  13. n0mad Win User

Weather App

Don't have any solution yet but I'm glad I'm not alone on that!

n0mad, Jul 31, 2015
  14. marco Win User
    well I have one solution....
    a)uninstalled Weather application using PowerShell
    b)in Registry I deleted everything had to do with "Bingweather"
    c)Restarted laptop and installed Weather app from Store again.
    That's it...till now Weather works .When I tried uninstall-install only without registry part problem remained.
    Before you do anything in registry take a backup just in case...

marco, Aug 2, 2015
  15. n0mad Win User
    a) do you happen to remember the powershell command to uninstall the weather app?

n0mad, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Weather App

1. Weather App - Similar Threads - Weather App

2. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  3. W11 desktop login screen weather app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 desktop login screen weather app: As of, this AM, when I start up my desktop PC I get to the initial screen there is a weather app appearing at the center bottom of the screen. It disappears when I get to the login screen. Where did this app come from and how do I turn it off? By-the-way, this has nothing to...
  4. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  5. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  6. when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...: when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to msn.cnhere is the prtscn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-open-weather-app-the-main-page-jump-to-msncn/5343e4e3-ed7d-436e-bad1-c643caf2dbad
  7. when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...

when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to...: when open weather app, the main page jump to msn.cn, and will open two edge browser jump to msn.cnhere is the prtscn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-open-weather-app-the-main-page-jump-to-msncn/5343e4e3-ed7d-436e-bad1-c643caf2dbad
  8. Weather App Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App Windows 11: Why is there no precipitation projection on Windows 11 Weather App? It seems to be pretty critical info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-windows-11/8df23c5b-41b6-4234-bbcd-b10f40d92265
  9. Weather App Windows 11

Weather App Windows 11: Why is there no precipitation projection on Windows 11 Weather App? It seems to be pretty critical info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-windows-11/8df23c5b-41b6-4234-bbcd-b10f40d92265
  10. MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?

MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park?: MS weather App shows my locations as Feltham? actually i live in Wembley Park? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-weather-app-shows-my-locations-as-feltham/6679275d-67e6-46e0-9ebb-44d0ae40cb0b