Windows 10: Weather apps just don't want to run

Discus and support Weather apps just don't want to run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by macnab, Mar 21, 2018.

1. macnab Win User

Weather apps just don't want to run

I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any effect. Switched to AccuWeather. This worked for a few months. Then it suddenly stopped working - orange window opens for a few seconds and then the app disappears.

Re-installed the bundled weather app. Does the same - a blue window for a few seconds, and then it disappears.

The Weather Channel is currently working, but I don't know for how long.

Any ideas?

:)

macnab, Mar 21, 2018

2. weather apps

No social stuff but I like Weather Smiles. Pretty basic but you can have two locations on the live tile. You can set what you want. I have one set to my Home location and the other tied to GPS location. That way when I travel I don't need to set anything
    for the local weather, and continue to know what it is like at home. I have other weather apps loaded if I really want to get into it, but Weather Smiles is what runs my live tile.

Sven Johannsen, Mar 21, 2018
  3. JSR8860 Win User
    Micrsoft Bing Weather Apps isn't working in Start Menu

I'm running the Weather Channel app and that seems to be working fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Bing Weather App - not go several times. Checked to make sure the I am logged into my Microsoft account and still no go. Easy fix is just to uninstall
    the Bing Weather app and not worry about it and just use the Weather Channel app - one option.

JSR8860, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Weather apps just don't want to run

On one of my machines the weather app corrupted once. No amount of resetting or uninstalling / reinstalling worked. What did work was using ccleaner to remove the weather app and then reinstalling from the store. Not saying it will work for you but it’s worth a try

Scottyboy99, Mar 21, 2018
  5. That's the problem with all of these new MS "apps". They work ... and then they break.

Edge ... okay at work, but broken at home
    Weather ... okay at home, but broken at work
    Calculator ... broken at work, not sure about home (I brought over the Windows 7 calculator for use at home, and it works fine)

Somehow these "Metro" apps are tied in with Microsoft's wish to run the same software on their phones as on the desktop.
    Well ... we've seen just how well they did in the phone market, eh? Nowhere!
    And now we're stuck with "apps" from those phones trying to run on our desktops ... and failing.

As for getting your weather app running ... forget it.
    1. Even if you fix it, you'll likely find it broken again in the future.
    2. There are other, better weather apps available for free. They provide much more information than the Windows app.

margrave55, Mar 22, 2018
  6. macnab Win User
    Thanks guys. Even used IOBit uninstaller and it didn't help. As they each fail I'll move on to the next one. *really

macnab, Mar 22, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 22, 2018
  8. Helmut Win User

I have tried many of the Weather Apps, they all have one thing in common they all stop working at various times. This goes back over 4 years to Windows 8.1.
    Currently I use the MS Weather one, marginally more reliable than the others.

You don't need any so-called "cleaner" "uninstaller" application.

"2. There are other, better weather apps available for free. They provide much more information than the Windows app."
    That's just the usual anti-MS paranoia, doubt if you have ever made realistic comparisons.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weather apps just don't want to run - Similar Threads - Weather apps don't

2. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  3. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  4. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. mail and weather app not running in background

mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  6. Weather App

Weather App: Windows 10 is already the most catastrophic OS of all time - and now this: The "Weather App" is no longer what it used to be. A new Microsoft feature, so to speak. I had a list with about 20 favorite places. This list was ordered from north to south An alphabetical...
  7. Weather app: forecast in the app and in the live tile don't match? (Both have just been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weather app: forecast in the app and in the live tile don't match? (Both have just been...: [IMG] submitted by /u/mtcerio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gashhn/weather_app_forecast_in_the_app_and_in_the_live/
  8. won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    won't run as admin and some apps just don't open!: hi there.. so I recently turned on my computer and for no apparent reason it now will not open command prompt running as admin.. it while allow me to run command prompt but not give me administer privileges! some apps I can't even open at all including Spotify and xbox game...
  9. Weather App

Weather App: Hey there, I firstly used the search to look if anyone else had the same issue with the Wheater App. It doesn't work at all , if I click on the tile it doesn't launch the app. If I use the search and launch from there, same result, it doesn't start. The store works fine; I...
  10. Weather App

Weather App: So the weather app in W10 preview is an updated version that is somewhat half broke. I figured out how to get the old version. Open PowerShell as an administrator and enter Code: Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Then go to the...