Windows 10: web cam light

Discus and support web cam light in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I had Chrome, the webcam light came on only as needed. Chrome developed some known bugs so I am using Edge. The light is always on and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Nov 17, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

web cam light

When I had Chrome, the webcam light came on only as needed. Chrome developed some known bugs so I am using Edge. The light is always on and I cannot find a way to set it so it only lights up as needed also.

Btw, the bugs in Chrome are showing two PUPS when MBAM scans then after they are quarantined, they reappear.

:)

maranna, Nov 17, 2017

2. Web cam not working with hub

Hello

I have a new Web cam which Windows is not recognising. It comes without a disk.

The Web cam is attached to a USB hub that looks like this:

web cam light [​IMG]

On my USB hub, on the left under 'Power' there is a green light on, but no green lights on under 'Power' on the top right. Under 'Overcurrent' (not sure what that is), there is a single red light on.

Is that why the Web cam is not working or being recognised, please?

Thanks

Bluenose_ted, Nov 17, 2017
  3. awwwyea Win User
    is there a way to remove the camera sound?

simple piece of tape over the light.

- hax0r

oink, oh how i miss thee

awwwyea, Nov 17, 2017
  4. web cam light

Chrome just recently received an update and I would update it and return if you use it. Remember, MBAM does have false positives and can be wrong.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome and MBAM 3.0 Premium and it hasn't complained at all.

To answer your question on the webcam, Edge is most likely making a constant call to the webcam which is turning it on. Does the light stay on as long as Edge is in use? What if you swap to a different website?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 18, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    Unless I turn Cortana off, the light stays on even though I change ports and sites. Should this be like this?
    Chrome used to turn off when not in use. Should this be like this?
    I will give Chrome another go. I know the web cam works b/c it functions as it should in the Chromebook.
    I have a clean install and have swept with various tools.

maranna, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    web cam light [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
  7. maranna Win User
    Cortana keeps the web cam light on all the time. I do not now use Edge for that reason. Is that the way it should be?
    Thank you for the settings photo.
    I reinstalled Chrome, the lights turn on and off as it should and MBAM reports no detection.
    I think Chrome was on the blink.

maranna, Nov 18, 2017
  8. web cam light

Switching back to Chrome is one way to fix the problem. I assure you that Google (and Microsoft) is a company that does not stand for security compromises. If they found a bug in Chrome or malware, it would be fixed very quickly.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

web cam light

1. web cam light - Similar Threads - web cam light

2. Web cam is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web cam is not working: Hello sir/madam, This is Anand Patwa, I have Asus laptop model Vivobook 14. My web cam is not working , it is showing error " We can't find your camera". Although I had all the methods which are provided by the microsoft support but still it's not working. Please help me....
  3. built in web cam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in web cam: my Sony Vaio web cam does not work after Windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-web-cam/a9730f1a-1ecb-4633-a263-d3f29c92ed18
  4. Web Cam For Zoom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Cam For Zoom: my desktop PC does not allow my web can to be used on zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam-for-zoom/11dcb5df-31e1-49a6-9928-d4886d9846c5
  5. Web Cam

Web Cam: I need help to install my web cam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/4e9e4870-4d6a-4747-bfce-9d164f7d7be4
  6. web cam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web cam: bought an external web camera for my dell computer running Windows 10. The computer recognizes it but it will not work on web says An Error occured when trying to get access to Camera and/or Microphone: Devices matching requirements were not found or were not accessible....
  7. Web cam not working

Web cam not working: When I Start - Camera A black camera screen appears but flashes between (it goes off too quickly to read the full error codes) "NoCameraaresareattached" - to "ActiveCmaeraUnplugged" I have checked for updated drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Makes no...
  8. web cam

web cam: I have a lenovo ideapad S340. How do I open the inbuilt camera. How can i access the camea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-cam/ddbeb89b-29ba-4c32-8e39-7bddf2c6f0d3
  9. Which Web Cam

Which Web Cam: Which web cam do people recommend for reliable operation with Windows 10 under £50. Logitech models seem to get good reviews. 156256
  10. no camera/ web cam

in Windows 10 Customization
    no camera/ web cam: Hi All, I have been trying all day to use my camera on my lap top and no go, keeps coming up saying we cant find your camera, I have tried every thing they say to do and still wont work. So annoying....