Windows 10: Web Camera Suggestions

Discus and support Web Camera Suggestions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Just this past week I switched back from Mac OS (gave up waiting for apple to upgrade the mini). My nice Thunderbolt monitor only works with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by austin571, Feb 5, 2018.

1. austin571 Win User

Web Camera Suggestions

Hello, Just this past week I switched back from Mac OS (gave up waiting for apple to upgrade the mini). My nice Thunderbolt monitor only works with mac. So got a good deal at sams on a monitor, but just noticed no camera. Tried looking at amazon for web cams and there are so many bad reviews about them and windows 10 I figured I would try here for a suggestion. Thanks in advance. Still trying to figure out what to do with my mac mini, thunderbolt and time machine though.

:)

austin571, Feb 5, 2018

2. asus zenbook2 ux303 lb webcam drivers not present on device manager, webcam not working

Hi Santiago,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know the Camera app and Web Camera fails to work on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Are you using internal or external Web Camera?

This issue might occur if the device settings are incorrect, corrupted or incompatible drivers or due to hardware

problems.

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Please post back with requested information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 5, 2018
  3. Nachappa C K, Feb 5, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Web Camera Suggestions

Hi there

1) What resolution do you want most seem to be 720p or HD (192o X 1080)
    2) Should it have a built in microphone

I don't think for a web cam it makes any difference whether USB 2 or 3.

for decent HD one with built in microphone

I have one of these for desktop (laptop has webcam etc built in)

Webcam 1080P, GUCEE HD92 Web Camera for Skype with Built-in HD Microphone 1920x1080p USB Plug and Play Web Cam, Widescreen Video Callling and Recording for PC, Mac, Laptop, Desktop, Notebook, On-line Chatting Webcams Compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / XP

This one is available on Amazon.

25 EUR (inc tax). In UK around 24 GBP I suspect given exchange rate.

Software seems pretty standard -- these sorts of webcams all seem to use Amcap which works fine. Also works out of the box on Linux ( install package cheese). SKYPE / SKYPE for Business recognizes it = no probs bith on audio / video

Tip-- this one actually fits to screen properly -- a lot don't have decent clip so very easy to adjust and can move even when putting a cup of coffee (or glass of scotch / beer) on the desk. Mechanical consideration is worth looking at !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2018
  5. austin571 Win User
    Thanks Jimbo. I took a look at that one just now. Thinking my monitor is to thin to hold up anything. The tower is on the other side of a file cabinet. Is there a good stand alone webcam?
    Guess in UK there are a lot of Linux users because you keep doing back to it. Still no clue here on my end with Linux. Geez I keep typing Linus from snoopy.

austin571, Feb 5, 2018
  6. Plankton Win User
    Check out the Logitech brand......I have several over the years and they've performed perfectly. Mind you, this is back in the day when HD webcams were first being offered and expensive. Now they're reasonably priced.
    Webcams, Webcameras, HD Webcams - Logitech

I recommed the C920, it has the best bang for buck for quality, performance and usability....monitor mount, pod mount or flat surface mount. Here's a pretty decent video review of it...

[youtube]YUhZZ_YUkBo[/youtube]

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Web Camera Suggestions

1. Web Camera Suggestions - Similar Threads - Web Camera Suggestions

2. Web Camera settings not found but Web camera works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Camera settings not found but Web camera works.: HI,I have a laptop given to me by my new job and it has a web camera already which works when I join web calls or activate the camera app. The issue is, si that the contrast is WAY to high and I look like a ghost. I need to turn down the contrast but I can't find the settings...
  3. Web Camera settings not found but Web camera works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Camera settings not found but Web camera works.: HI,I have a laptop given to me by my new job and it has a web camera already which works when I join web calls or activate the camera app. The issue is, si that the contrast is WAY to high and I look like a ghost. I need to turn down the contrast but I can't find the settings...
  4. Web Camera settings not found but Web camera works.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Web Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Camera: I am getting the message that my camera can't be found. I don't see 'Camera' in device manager. I am only able to have audio when using Zoom. How do I access camera please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-camera/d57d3c6e-ff93-4eef-b224-ff3f8e54c0f6
  6. Web Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Camera: How do I re install the Windows Web Camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-camera/ca952ee3-5202-4ee3-a9e2-bba8c01a46f2
  7. WEB CAMERA

WEB CAMERA: Hi! I uninstalled my integrated camera from device manager because I have issues with my camera and it didn't reinstall back. I restarted my PC and nothing. I have Windows 10 Pro. What can I do to reinstall it back?...
  8. Camera web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera web: sometimes when I my camera it says there is a problem 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x8007001F) how can I solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-web/3e58423c-96d0-4cf6-a604-b01917430a13
  9. web camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web camera: why is acess being given to my web camera . I do not want the camera on unless I turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-camera/c3489aa0-62d1-4f61-b8e1-98492384854b"
  10. Web Camera not working

Web Camera not working: My web Camera privacy settings are set on and my driver is updated but when I click on the camera the following message comes up: 'We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that...