Windows 10: Web Companion

Discus and support Web Companion in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I get rid of Web Companion?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by UmpokitoMaurice, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Web Companion

How can I get rid of Web Companion?

:)

UmpokitoMaurice, Aug 27, 2018
  2. bchkitty Win User

Web Companion

Web Companion by Lavasoft. is this part of windows 10?

bchkitty, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Web Companion

Hey LeeORB,

Does Web Companion appear in Task Manager in the Startup tab?

I recommend Autoruns to find the Web Companion entry and try to remove it or uncheck it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

If you need any help using Autoruns, let me know, but I hope it helps otherwise.

Ethan B., Aug 27, 2018
  4. LeeORB Win User

Web Companion

Web Companion

Yes i have disabled it and found a program called Lavasoft but can't seem to delete it

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application

LeeORB, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Web Companion

1. Web Companion - Similar Threads - Web Companion

2. How was my son able to install Adaware Lavasoft Web Companion on his user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How was my son able to install Adaware Lavasoft Web Companion on his user account: Today I ran Windows upgrades on all the computers I have at home. After completing the upgrades under my account Admin I always log in to my boys PCs with their login just to run an update from Windows Store and check if it all seems ok under their accounts. To my surprise, I...
  3. How was my son able to install Adaware Lavasoft Web Companion on his user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How was my son able to install Adaware Lavasoft Web Companion on his user account: Today I ran Windows upgrades on all the computers I have at home. After completing the upgrades under my account Admin I always log in to my boys PCs with their login just to run an update from Windows Store and check if it all seems ok under their accounts. To my surprise, I...
  4. Untraceable .exe files installed on my windows - aldermen.exe, Undrained.exe, Web Companion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Untraceable .exe files installed on my windows - aldermen.exe, Undrained.exe, Web Companion: Good Day, I kept my PC on overnight while transferring large files to another drive and the next day, had a series of .exe files in my startup. My Windows defender is locked and I cannot toggle it to "ON". I ran the internal disk check and also reset to restart Windows...
  5. Untraceable .exe files installed on my windows - aldermen.exe, Undrained.exe, Web Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Untraceable .exe files installed on my windows - aldermen.exe, Undrained.exe, Web Companion: Good Day, I kept my PC on overnight while transferring large files to another drive and the next day, had a series of .exe files in my startup. My Windows defender is locked and I cannot toggle it to "ON". I ran the internal disk check and also reset to restart Windows...
  6. Untraceable .exe files installed on my windows - aldermen.exe, Undrained.exe, Web Companion

7. Web companion related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web companion related: Can you tell me why my antivirus detects web companion.com as a virus domain. Is it really virus. I think it is not virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-companion-related/982a351a-6517-45ec-85dc-45c90d0f3381
  8. Web companion related

Web companion related: Can you tell me why my antivirus detects web companion.com as a virus domain. Is it really virus. I think it is not virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-companion-related/982a351a-6517-45ec-85dc-45c90d0f3381
  9. why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why did an MS update just install Web Companion and Bing without asking??: I was not explicitly asked about installing these 3rd party programs and search engine on my PC. How can MS have the right to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-an-ms-update-just-install-web-companion/1372ec5d-9db6-4797-807d-c7cdab084d61
  10. lavasoft web companion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lavasoft web companion: lavasoft web companion found its way onto laptop .dont know how but i cant find it in programmes and features to remove it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/lavasoft-web-companion/301479c0-de25-4438-82ca-1e5c93ffa240