Windows 10: Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

Source: Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

See also:

:)

Brink, May 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 Dell Laptop Action Center

The current design (here) of the website notifications is that your Edge browser must be open and you must be on the website the
    notifications come from (youtube in this case) or you won't get notifications. Is that the issue? Are you leaving youtube.com open so you can receive incoming notifications?

The quick actions should be able to be added back from Settings > System > Notifications & Actions (then click "Add or remove quick actions".

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 15, 2016
  3. Bendamon Win User
    In Edge, web notifications from sites cannot be enabled or configured

Since some recent update, Edge seems to support what's called "Web Notifications". Some sites ask for permissions to send those notifications. The dialog that appears, though, doesn't let me answer Yes/No or Allow/Abort or something, instead, there's just
    a button to "Settings" which opens the Windows 10 Settings for Notifications. And there is no option to allow certain websites to send notifications. Neither does the App "Edge" appear under listed Apps. What am I missing? I would like to be able to allow
    (or disallow) websites to send me notifications.

Thanks.

Ben.

Bendamon, May 15, 2016
Thema:

Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

1. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Web Notifications Microsoft

2. Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge: Since the release of the new Microsoft Edge, we have heard a lot of feedback about missing the web notes tool that allowed you to capture and mark up content across the web. Frankly, we’ve missed it too! But first, we wanted to make it better. While web notes was...
  3. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge: Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and a passwordless experience on the web. With Web Authentication, Microsoft Edge users can sign in with their face,...
  4. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...
  5. Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications: Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Web push notifications allow you to build re-engaging experience by delivering timely, relevant notifications to users, even when your browser or web app is...
  6. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  7. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...
  8. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  9. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...