Windows 10: Web pages taking ages to finish loading

Discus and support Web pages taking ages to finish loading in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates. I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by brianwall, Jul 30, 2016.

1. brianwall Win User

Web pages taking ages to finish loading

I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates.

I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish loading. They start very fast indeed, but are incomplete and it can take up to a minute before the screen has finished jumping around as it re-renders itself. This appears to be caused by the site pulling-in images from third party sites, especially for adverts.

This has become a real inconvenience. Is this the fault of the website developer? Is there a better way of feeding-in these third part elements? Is there anything I can do my end to improve this?

I am on a 4G connection and someone suggested I change a buffer setting on the router? Anyone comment on that?

:)

brianwall, Jul 30, 2016
  2. beani Win User

Numerous problems!!

And why does it take ages for Microsoft web pages to load now. Was fine before I set up email in the start menu?

beani, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Optimising WIndows 10 to run as fast as possible

I am also finding certain web pages taking an age to load, to scroll down or sometimes stop and the browser doesn't respond. How do I fix this ?

habibhussain, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2016
  5. brianwall Win User
    Web pages taking ages to finish loading [​IMG]
    I did say I had a fast connection. I've since been told it is due to poor CDN servers used by the websites concerned. Is this right? Is it due to cost cutting?

brianwall, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Just needed to verify your speed.

Please, complete your "System Specs" in my profile.

Which ISP do you use?

Again, what sites are giving you trouble? Are they P2P torrent sites?

Is this issue is with the same computer you have listed in system specs?

Here are two tools to help diagnose the websites which are giving you trouble.
    Pingdom Tools
    Web Page Analyzer - free website optimization tool website speed test check website performance report from web site optimization

Run Antivirus and Malware scans.
    Malwarebytes for Windows

Download and run Superantipyware.
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

Download and run AdwCleaner.
    Download AdwCleaner

Download and run CCleaner.
    Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Disconnect your modem/Router for a few minutes then reconnect. Once it restarts... test again.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  7. brianwall Win User
    Thanks. My system is home built.
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 55 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150) 33 °C
    Graphics
    VP2365 SERIES (1920x1080@60Hz)
    SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2236 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (Gigabyte) 34 °C
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 35 °C
    ForceWare version: 368.22
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD) 34 °C
    953GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB (SSD) 32 °C
    2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1ER166 (SATA) 37 °C
    3726GB Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (SATA) 33 °C
    3726GB Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA)) 46 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Strangely, all sites are behaving today and I can't remember specifics from a couple of days ago. But it happens intermittently for weeks now. The sites are the type that plaster sidebars with ads and have popups all over and so on. Monetising like mad! I get this in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. As luck would have it I've no website playing up to test. Having read about CDNs I am sure that the sites giving me the issues use poor quality/cheap CDNs which presumably get overloaded at times which is when I notice it. Sound right to you?

brianwall, Jul 31, 2016
  8. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

You might like to try blocking some of those ads; add some of the worst offending ad servers to your Hosts file.

markweatherill, Jul 31, 2016
  9. Looks like a nice rig you've build for yourself.

Sites rules: We are not allowed to discuss methods of blocking advertisement. See rule #13.
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums

That said, I'd stay away from sites which have heavy loads of ads... It takes forever to load all the graphics.

Intermittent issues with page loads are sometimes due to Internet congestion, server routing, and traffic on the particular site...amongst other things.

Hope this helps,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  10. brianwall Win User
    This is the issue. Not all those sites are ones you'd want to avoid that's the problem. Respected sites are increasing making the page look a total mess.Look at TechRepublic as one example. Unreadable.

Web pages taking ages to finish loading [​IMG]

brianwall, Jul 31, 2016
  11. AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Web pages taking ages to finish loading

1. Web pages taking ages to finish loading - Similar Threads - Web pages taking

2. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  3. web pages not loading

web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  4. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  5. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update page takes AGES to load.: Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried turning it off for a couple seconds and then back again. Tried pausing it for 7 days and continuing it back again, but the...
  7. web page loading

web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  8. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  9. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  10. Download folder takes an age to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder takes an age to load: Every other folder in File Explorer opens virtually immediately to show all contents but why does the Download folder have to reload the contents, which takes quite some time, the first time the folder is accessed after switching on. [img] 8226