Windows 10: Web Pages Won't Load, Error Message: "The device or resource (wpad.net

Discus and support Web Pages Won't Load, Error Message: "The device or resource (wpad.net in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I just booted up a brand new PC this morning with Windows 10 installed. I can connect to the internet via WIFI but when using any of my 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DALMS32, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DALMS32 Win User

Web Pages Won't Load, Error Message: "The device or resource (wpad.net

Hi All,

I just booted up a brand new PC this morning with Windows 10 installed. I can connect to the internet via WIFI but when using any of my 2 browsers (Edge & Firefox) neither of them will load any pages. Edge did initially after a few mins of loading but now won't at all.

When I troubleshoot (right clicking the Wifi icon) I get this error message: "The device or resource (wpad.net) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web (HTTP)"

I tried changing DNS settings (didn't work) So I found this solution posted by Microsoft:

a. Open Internet Explorer 10 desktop version.
    b. Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
    c. Click on the Connections tab and click on LAN Settings button.
    d. Uncheck the option: Automatically detect settings, then click on OK to exit the window.
    e. Click on OK again to save the settings and exit the Internet Options window.
    f. Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

I couldn't find these options in Microsoft Edge so I opened Internet Options in Windows 10 and did it there... but no joy. I've also disabled proxies in Firefox which had no effect.

I'm on a UPC Horizon Box, WIFI connection, 300mps with a strong connection (full bars). I'm typing this on my other laptop which has no connections issues at all.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?? It's driving me nuts!!*Mad

:)

DALMS32, Aug 15, 2015

2. routerlogin.net

After using Internet Explorer I received an error message stating "can't reach this page". I clicked on fixed connection problems and troubleshooting responded with problem found "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

Ms. Jacobson, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Nokia N900 Review: Good, the bad and the ugly.

foxmeister---01, Aug 15, 2015
  4. ljcoogan Win User

Hey, I'm having the same issue on my HP laptop running a fully updated version of Windows 10. My router is a UPC Horizon box.

Windows Network Diagnostics gave me the same error message as you reported in this post. Did you ever fix your issue? How? I haven't had any luck with any solutions I can find on the internet.

Thanks

ljcoogan, Sep 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Web Pages Won't Load, Error Message: "The device or resource (wpad.net - Similar Threads - Web Pages Won't

2. Windows 10 Web pages won't load randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Web pages won't load randomly: I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10. Out of the blue websites will suddenly not load on any browser even though I'm connected to the internet. Everything else internet related will load. I can do a speed test and even download apps from the Microsoft store. I did a...
  3. Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?: I downloaded Windows 11 onto my Intel i5 All in one. Now I can’t access webpages. All connected to WiFi okay but every site I go on now says an it’s an insecure network. I can’t access my emails, or actually anything as says the same thing for them all, Any ideas?...
  4. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  5. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  6. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Web Pages Won't Load But Wifi Is Connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Pages Won't Load But Wifi Is Connected: Hello I'm trying to solve an issue in which web pages won't load on a laptop, however the laptop is connected to Wifi. So far I've recommended using cmd to do a dns flush and making sure the ip4 and ip6 settings are set to automatic. The problem persists across multiple...
  8. web page loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  9. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  10. Slow Web Page Loading.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Web Page Loading.: Hi all Normally when i use the net all is fine. Noticed today when i run a video convertor programme in the background the loading of web pages is extremely slow. Stop Freemake video convertor and page loading is normal speed. I assumed it was memory, did memtest and no...