Windows 10: Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10

Discus and support Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Webcam on this laptop has been working fine for some time, but just recently it stopped working and I believe this occurred after one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by solpuerto, Nov 4, 2015.

1. solpuerto Win User

Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10

The Webcam on this laptop has been working fine for some time, but just recently it stopped working and I believe this occurred after one of the automatic upgrades. Following considerable investigation I find that I have 2 drivers under Imaging devices, they are as follows.

A Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400
    B Intel(R) AVStream Camera

When it stopped working B was the driver showing under Imaging devices.

I also discovered that when I "updated" the driver and selected A the webcam worked and I thought problem solved but when I close down and then restart the webcam no longer works. The device listed in Device manager is still A. If I "update " still driver A the webcam works again.

Driver B is still present but only when I get to "Select the device driver to install". I do not select it.

How can I get out of this loop? Will deleting driver B help and if so how do I do this?

Any help appreciated.

I should say the HP is Win 10 Home

:)

solpuerto, Nov 4, 2015

2. Getting error "something went wrong make sure that your camera is not being used by another app" while using webcam on Windows 10

Old title: camera fault

I have a hp pavilion x2 with a webcam that does not work when I open the camera app it says something went wrong make sure that your camera is not being used by another app so I followed the instructions but got stuck when I couldn't find a webcam driver
    and could not uninstall can someone please help.

jacklilley, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Unable to Delete Temporary Files in my Windows 10 pc

My own computer is HP Pavilion x2 Detachable. Edition Windows 10 Home

KAYODEAFOLABI, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Install latest driver from manufacturer's site. It doesn't need to be for Windows 10, Windows 8 or 7 work as well. Install it. Then disable any related driver updates so Windows Update won't replace it again.

spapakons, Nov 5, 2015
  5. solpuerto Win User
    Hi spapakons

Many thanks for your response.

When the Webcam stopped working I did update the driver from the HP web site but if anything that did not help, the cam was still not working and I now got the message that I should close down the operation that was currently using it and this was immediately after a restart. On device manager only driver B was showing, the most up to date one.

After some trial and error investigate I then found that both of the above drivers were available therefore I selected A, an older driver and it worked. I thought my problem was over but when ever I restarted the cam would not work but I did not get the message about another device using it. Progress??

However your links were very useful to me. I set the B driver to appear in device manager and disabled it. I then updated the driver back to A the older one and when I restarted it worked but not only that I have restarted a couple of times and the cam works.

I hope my optimism is not misplaced !!!!!

Many thanks for your help.

PS My optimism is misplaced, if I do a restart no problem, if I close down then start up the problem remains.
    i.e I have to update driver A again and even after I have deleted driver B.
    Back to square one. *cry

solpuerto, Nov 5, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    In case both drivers refer to the same device and conflict, I would remove both from Device Manager, restart the computer and let Windows Update find a driver. If the driver then doesn't work, I would try to manually replace it (from Device Manager) with the driver from HP.

spapakons, Nov 5, 2015
  7. solpuerto Win User
    Hi spakakons

Thanks again for response.

When my last efforts did not work I then deleted both drivers and and tried installing driver B (the most up to date) driver from HP and that gave me no working webcam. I checked with my daughter who has exactly the same HP model and asked her if her camera works, answer no. She then checked which driver she had and it was A, (driver release date 26/6/2014) checking if there was another driver present the answer was no.

She then updated to the manually downloaded B (driver release date 04/07/2015) tried the webcam again, not working. After reinstalling A it would still not work, she upgraded A via he search for an upgrade from any all ready on the computer i.e. at this time A and the webcam worked after Restart as my one does but Shut Down and then restart and it does not work.

HP tell me that A - HP(R) AVStream Camera is the most up to date driver.

I am at a loss, fortunately I do not make much use the camera and on the odd time I do use Skype and remember to update to A the old driver everything works. Incidently if I leave the PC on Sleep it works when I awake it.

I should say apart from the problem the 2 in 1 is a very light and easily carried machine that I like very much.

Amazing Technology *Think

solpuerto, Nov 6, 2015
  8. solpuerto Win User

I say partly solved as the camera does work BUT only when I switch the computer on and then once it has started I RESTART and the camera works. This happens every time.

The driver that works is the INTEL(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400 with a date of 01/08/2014.

What is the difference when starting computer normally and then when doing a RESTART?

I have had several long conversations with HP and I no longer want to waste my time talking to them again as their last comment was they will support the computer as long as it has the original OS Win 8.1 on it. Not bad considering the Computer is still under guarantee.

If anybody can resolve this I will be eternally gratefull.
    Many thanks.

solpuerto, Jul 15, 2016
  9. solpuerto Win User
    The problem I had with the Camera has been solved. I stumbled across a Tutorial by Brink dealing with Fast Startup. I can't say I understand why but I followed the instructions and switched off Fast Startup under Power Options and the camera started from initial switch on.

My frustration of dealing with this is now in the past and I am very, very happy. *Biggrin*Biggrin.

Many thanks to Brink

solpuerto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10 - Similar Threads - Webcam drivers Pavilion

2. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x2-10-n125tu/f2c430ed-1ba7-42ce-87d7-f7a826285bb0
  3. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x2-10-n125tu/f2c430ed-1ba7-42ce-87d7-f7a826285bb0
  4. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP webcam driver

HP webcam driver: Webcam drivers not available following windows update of my HP Laptop is there a substitute available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-driver/ec864947-8b11-432b-a842-919d3b80db82
  6. Camera/webcam not working on my HP Pavilion x360

Camera/webcam not working on my HP Pavilion x360: HI there, I have an HP Pavilion x360 with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list. Thanks for the help. JN...
  7. HP Webcam Driver

HP Webcam Driver: Has anyone with a HP laptop been able to update or fix the webcam. I've been trying at the HP community forums with MANY others and they have all kinds of talk but to solution that works and NO driver update. BTW my webcam is the HP Truevision HD. 155053
  8. HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!: I just got my second had HP pavilion x2 10-n182ng detachable Unfortunately the previous user 'forgot' to wipe the Hard drive. Previous owner is not reachable anymore. I tried the following without success: - set boot order to USB DVD as 1st boot device, however I get a...
  9. HP Pavilion x2

HP Pavilion x2: hey, i've had a hp detachable pavilion x2 for a week or so, it came with 8.1 on it and i wasn't going to upgrade to 10 but thought sod it and upgraded earlier and now my mouse touchpad randomly stops working, the mouse pointer disappears and the keybooard stops working, i...
  10. HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound: I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web cam driver for hp pavillion dv6950ei notebook running win10

2. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n000na webcam driver

3. webcam drivers for hp pavilion x2-10