Windows 10: Webcam light coming on by itself

Discus and support Webcam light coming on by itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright so this is making me a fair bit suspicious. Every now and then the webcam light on my laptop comes on even when I have no programs running that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by diedrichvk, May 10, 2016.

1. Webcam light coming on by itself

Alright so this is making me a fair bit suspicious. Every now and then the webcam light on my laptop comes on even when I have no programs running that run webcams (e.g. Skype).

I disabled the driver for the webcam and the light turned off, did a restart, and then enabled the driver again. When I did, the light wasn't on.

Is this a system glitch or is it something I should be worried about? I've already run programs like MalwareBytes, CCleaner, and Avast to see if there was any issue, but nothing came up.

:)

diedrichvk, May 10, 2016

2. E7 00 Camera light coming on by itself

E7 uses the lock switch to turn on the camera light as a torch. (You hold the lock switch down for a couple of seconds when on the homescreen)

Given your comment that the lockswitch isn't working correctly suggests to me that you have a physical problem with the lockswitch and it is sticking on (or off) and activating the torch mode. You probably need to check with Nokia about a repair, or check
    that you haven't got any dirt or something jamming the switch.

jacobsladder---01, May 10, 2016
  3. E7 00 Camera light coming on by itself

@kyham14

Welcome to the forum!

Was device firmware re-installed when you took device into Nokia Care Point i.e. was it like a new device straight out of the box?

aspergerguy, May 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Webcam light coming on by itself

Nope. The NSA and ISIS is spying on you. Just place a piece of dark paper taped over it, or disable in the Bios if you do not plan on usuing it.

Even if the driver is disabled. There are some rootkits that can turn it back on.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  5. Ehm, you have Windows, that is good enough. Media players can also take advantage of them and many others.
    Disabling the driver, when you are not using the camera, is a good choice. AV will not detect a potential hacker.

TairikuOkami, May 10, 2016
  6. PinkE Win User
    I put a tiny sticker about the size of one of the smiley's but I do wonder if someone really wanted to couldn't they turn on the microphone and hear me talking to the dog, cussing the computer, etc.? I would definitely cover that camera unless you want to share. Is there a way to know if an unwanted someone is accessing our audio and/or video?

PinkE, May 13, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    As long as you keep the machine maleare free and do not download anything from anywhere questionable, I would just mute the Micr from Sound Properties or disable all together if you never plan on using it. Camera can be disabled within the Bios.

bro67, May 13, 2016
  8. dskiller Win User

I had this happen the other day.

I went to go to bed and seen my cam light on.......even though computer wasnt running....

dskiller, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Webcam light coming on by itself - Similar Threads - Webcam light coming

2. The webcam light comes on whenever I watch videos. How do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The webcam light comes on whenever I watch videos. How do I stop it?: I have noticed that the camera light comes on whenever I am watching videos on YouTube, apple.tv and Netflix. It is very strange. Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  3. The webcam light comes on whenever I watch videos. How do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The webcam light comes on whenever I watch videos. How do I stop it?: I have noticed that the camera light comes on whenever I am watching videos on YouTube, apple.tv and Netflix. It is very strange. Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  4. Webcam light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  5. Webcam light

Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  6. Webcam red light on permanently

Webcam red light on permanently: Hi, I use Windows 10. Nearly a year ago I bought my first webcam for Zoom etc but had to replace it with identical model intrusive background sound. The old webcam came on red light when accessing Zoom - and still does when I reconnect it into the USB. But the new one's red...
  7. The webcam turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The webcam turns on by itself: The webcam on my laptop turns on by itself. I have found that it turns on when any sound is played. For example, I am talking on MS Teams with the video OFF. But the camera nevertheless turns on the light near the camera is on. It often happens that the camera quickly turns...
  8. Integrated Webcam light comes on BUT NO image

Integrated Webcam light comes on BUT NO image: I have win10 64 bit uptodate on my 10 yr old lenovo B570 laptop which has an integrated webcam In March 2020 i was able to use the camera during a Skype meeting. However when i tried to join a Teams session, the light came on intermittently but whilst I could see the...
  9. night light mode will not come on

in Windows 10 Customization
    night light mode will not come on: night light mode grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/a61e5b4e-9602-4faf-b7d5-62a3838961fd
  10. night light mode will not come on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light mode will not come on: night light mode will not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/f4763471-cfb4-47b9-bef8-64db11d82364