Windows 10: Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

Discus and support Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The camera is not broken as I was able to use it on a "test my camera" site. But it does not work on the Camera App (0xA00F4240 error), where it claims... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThePianoman1, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

The camera is not broken as I was able to use it on a "test my camera" site. But it does not work on the Camera App (0xA00F4240 error), where it claims I need to change Privacy Settings. However, the privacy settings show camera is accessible by all apps. In the test frame within Skype I just have a black box. I have checked to update the drivers through Device Manager -- HP website says for this model computer (HP Envy 15) they have no drivers available through them. I even deleted the device and had a heckuva a time reinstalling it, but it's visible now in Device Manager with the appropriate driver.

:)

ThePianoman1, Aug 7, 2018

2. YouCam has never worked on my HP ENVY laptop

My webcam is built into my laptop, but it has never worked,not n YouCam, not on the "Camera", not on skype, etc.

it always says to "make sure that the camera is turned on and built in. ive tried many things like uninstalling the webcam and reinstalling, nothing works.

Under the"Sound, Video and Game Controllers" in the Device manager, there is not "webcam" or camera listed

My laptop is an HP ENVY, intel insde core i7, Windows 10

im studying abroad for a year and really want to keep in contact with my friends and family via skype Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype :(

please help

tessagordon, Aug 7, 2018
  3. ChrisVock Win User
    SPCA 2082 WebCam not working - HP Pav 15 - P143CL

I am still having this problem with my HP Pavilion 15 Touch Notebook PC. This webcam stopped working after my update to Windows 10 from 8 over a year ago. I was hoping to see a solution on the web about this but am not. My webcam doesn't work with windows
    apps like Camera or Skype. Please publish steps that restore this hardware functionality. The driver has been the same since 2006 and doesn't update or rollback. Thank you, Chris

ChrisVock, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

SPCA 2082 WebCam not working - HP Pav 15 - P143CL

Hi Chris,

This thread is quite old and we have a lot of Windows Updates for the past months. To better assist you with the issue, we suggest creating a new thread for the camera issues.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

1. Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype - Similar Threads - Webcam Envy Laptop

2. Problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe HP ENVY 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe HP ENVY 15: Hi, i have problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe on my HP ENVY x360 15 ee1093cl AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics.i have try to re install display adapter and still get the Blue Screen after i used my laptop >1 hours.here i attached the mini dump here.Please...
  3. Problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe HP ENVY 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe HP ENVY 15: Hi, i have problem with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe on my HP ENVY x360 15 ee1093cl AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics.i have try to re install display adapter and still get the Blue Screen after i used my laptop >1 hours.here i attached the mini dump here.Please...
  4. HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop: So I bought this HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx laptop back in October 2018 and ever since August it's been giving me keyboard issues. I've updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the keyboard still keeps giving random issues. For example, it...
  5. hp envy laptop

hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  6. Skype not working on HP Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype not working on HP Laptop.: I am using a Windows 10 HP Laptop, I have the latest version of Skype, sometimes if I get a message I will hear the sound but when I look there is no message, then after an hour or so the message appears, or sometimes the message does not make a sound, also calls don't always...
  7. Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work

Webcam on my HP Envy with Windows 10 will not work: I keep getting the error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> I have tried to turn the app off, toggle on and off the applicable settings, checked my antivirus, and checked the system for hardware updates....
  8. HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ds0040au

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-ds0040au: I just bought an Envy x360 a little while ago, but when I try to set up Windows Hello Face the option says "This option is currently unavailable", and below, it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown" I've troubleshot my device, and I have the...
  9. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  10. HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems: One day my integrated webcam worked, the next day it didn't and hasn't since. Under device manager, I had no "Imaging devices" listing, and no cam under "Sound, video and game controllers". Then under View, I checked show hidden devices and Imaging devices appeared, with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy camera not working

2. hp envy x360 camera not working

3. why is my camera not working hp envy

4. camera and microphone on hp envy not working on skype,
  5. Is Youcam part of Microsoft Envy?,
  6. hp envy 15 camera driver,
  7. skype camera envy not working,
  8. HP envy camera not working on skype,
  9. envy laptop webcamera not working