Windows 10: Webcam permission request (Skype)

Discus and support Webcam permission request (Skype) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my new hp laptop, every time I video call someone on skype, it always asks for permission to use the webcam. Before it just turned on automatically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayson24, Jan 13, 2017.

1. jayson24 Win User

Webcam permission request (Skype)

On my new hp laptop, every time I video call someone on skype, it always asks for permission to use the webcam. Before it just turned on automatically. How do i stop the permission requesting and make it turn on automatically?
    Webcam permission request (Skype) [​IMG]

:)

jayson24, Jan 13, 2017
  2. ŁP
    ŁP Win User

my camera app is showing a black screen

Hello,

I have similar issue black screen in Skype and Camera. I installed Yawcamera and I my webcam works fine.. Only in Skype/Camera from UWP does not work. I think UWP causes this issue.
    Webcam has all Privacy permissions.

Regards,

Lukasz

3. MFJVB Win User
    Windows 10 1709 - Webcam not found by Skype App

Hello,

probably after the recent 1709 upgrade (or maybe one upgrade earlier), my Philips SPC530NC webcam is no longer working. Here are the details:

- Webcam not found by Skype App.

- Webcam not found by any other App from the MS store

- Microphone on the SPC530NC is working, also in Skype App

- Webcam is found (!) and working the Skype Desktop App, also in a browser online webcam test.

=> so only windows 10 store apps do not find the webcam.

=> Webcam access in Windows 10 privacy settings is allowed for skype, etc.

=> device manager does not show any hidden or disconnected webcam or usb video devices.

what is the problem here?

thank you.

MFJ

Moved fromWebcam permission request (Skype) :(Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Camera)

MFJVB, Jan 13, 2017
  4. Webcam permission request (Skype)

What Antivirus are you using? It seems, that it is protecting your webcam from running.

TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
Thema:

Webcam permission request (Skype)

1. Webcam permission request (Skype) - Similar Threads - Webcam permission request

2. Svchost asking permission for webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost asking permission for webcam: Today, I opened my laptop and then my antivirus gave me this promopt. Name: svchostPermission: access the webcamIs it normal or am I infected???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/svchost-asking-permission-for-webcam/f212d06f-26a2-4994-9085-439d999679fd
  3. Seeing multiple add me requests on skype

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeing multiple add me requests on skype: Hi, Whenever I use skype I keep getting add me requests from different women it has been driving me mad for the last couple of weeks is there a way I can stop this madness? before it gets worse any advice would be greatly appreciated.[ATTACH]before it gets out of hand?...
  4. Request webcam access - Spyware

Request webcam access - Spyware: Why does Windows want to access my webcam UNNECESSARILY ? Using both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, whenever I open my Calendar or access eBay my antivirus s/w blocks an attempt to access my webcam. There can be no legitimate reason for such access. Therefore it has...
  5. Regedit causing webcam permissions issues?

Regedit causing webcam permissions issues?: Hi, I was just wondering if its possible that editing an item using the registry editor might cause some issues with websites getting permission to use my camera? I was trying to start a video interview on LaunchPad recruits and performed the test they provide to check my...
  6. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  7. Webcam access requests

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam access requests: I'm using Windows 10 and suddenly I'm getting a lot of requests to use my webcam. Not sure why this is happening right now. Do I have a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-access-requests/ec3b751a-3e9f-482f-9d1e-02f0e73866c0
  8. Webcam Zoom in Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Zoom in Skype: I have the latest version of Skype. I am able to see my webcam image in the video configuration section, but it is zoomed in too close. Is there a way to adjust the zoom, using Skype or some software-based method? Major001...
  9. webcam not working after Skype update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam not working after Skype update: Hi, can anyone help me? My laptop is a Dell Inspiron With Windows 10 32 and 64 bit and has an integrated webcam which worked perfectly well when using Skype. The webcam was listed in device manager under imaging device. Today when I opened Skype I was informed that my version...
  10. skype webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype webcam: i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select how can i fix this i have gone to pc settings-privacy-webcam-and allowed skype to use the cam 4305