Windows 10: Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

Discus and support Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Dell XPS 2720 is an all-in-one with an integrated webcam. Skype worked perfectly on Win 7 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I can no longer make video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexInOZ, Oct 9, 2015.

1. AlexInOZ Win User

Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

The Dell XPS 2720 is an all-in-one with an integrated webcam. Skype worked perfectly on Win 7 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I can no longer make video calls. To eliminate Skype as the source of the problem, I tried a third party product (www.testwebcam.com) as well as the Win 10 inbuilt Camera App. Both exhibited the same behaviour as Skype, i.e. the webcam light came on but no image appeared on the display screen, it remained dark.

In an effort to fix the problem I tried the following:

1. Logged onto the Dell site and updated the drivers. Five were installed but it had no effect.

2. Ran the Win 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. No webcam issues were reported.

3. Using the Control Panel Device Manager, expanded the list of Imaging Devices, clicked on Integrated Webcam listed there, uninstalled it, and rebooted the machine. That had no effect.

4. Uninstalled Skype and reinstalled the latest version in a last ditch attempt to fix the problem, which needless to say didn't work.

That's exhausted my ideas. Would very much appreciate your help.

:)

AlexInOZ, Oct 9, 2015
  2. petreai Win User

Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 Webcam with Skype 7.7.0.103 crashing Windows 10

The webcam was working fine in Win 7 64bit, but looking on Logitech.com it seems to be officially supported only on XP and Vista. Windows 10 installs the Webcam driver, and the webcam works, but sometimes when starting Skype or when the computer comes
    out of standby when skype is running the OS crashes. Unplugging the webcam fixes the issue. I checked a few memory dump files, all of them point to a faulty driver with ks.sys on Skype. Using a clean install with everything updated.

petreai, Oct 9, 2015
  3. opioohana Win User
    Monitor turns off then on, off then on.

This happened two years ago when I bought it and tech fixed it but now has started again. Just replaced the HDD and reinstalled Win 10 and software but otherwise nothing has changed. This is a Dell XPS 2720 all in one.

Any help would be appreciated.

opioohana, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

1. Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Webcam stopped working

2. Bult-in Webcam for XPS 13 Plus 9320 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bult-in Webcam for XPS 13 Plus 9320 not working: My Dell XPS 13 Plus 9320 Service Tag: CHYTKR3, Express Service Code: 27207799887 is running Windows 11 Home 64Bit 10.0 Build 22621. Recently, the built-in webcam stopped working. When I try to open the camera using the Windows Camera app, I get the error message "We cannot...
  3. Bult-in Webcam for XPS 13 Plus 9320 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bult-in Webcam for XPS 13 Plus 9320 not working: My Dell XPS 13 Plus 9320 Service Tag: CHYTKR3, Express Service Code: 27207799887 is running Windows 11 Home 64Bit 10.0 Build 22621. Recently, the built-in webcam stopped working. When I try to open the camera using the Windows Camera app, I get the error message "We cannot...
  4. Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.: I can't get the webcam to work On XPS 7590 under windows. It doesn't show up in device manager nor in any webcam software/skype, but it is working perfectly fine in Ubuntu live USB. It can't be a hardware issue. My windows version is 20H2 (Build 19042.985). Any help in this...
  5. Webcam stopped working

Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  6. Webcam Driver Not Working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam Driver Not Working in Win 10: usually i dont use reddit, but now it might be the time to use it. so idk why, i was going to online class and my Webcam Stop Working. i thought i just have to replug the cable but nooo it didnt work, and then checked the device, and one of the Driver "AC Interface" got that...
  7. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  8. webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  9. Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade

Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade: Upgraded to Win 10 everything working except microphone. The Realtek driver is installed and shows no errors, the audio setup shows a microphone is available but no sound is detected? I've tried uninstalling the Audio drivers and then on re-boot Win 10 re-installs...
  10. DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro: Basicly my PC is working well, but I try to get answers for a few minor problems in EventViewer. In the process I landed at Intel. From INtel I got the advice to rather go to DELL itself, as some driver updates will be manufacturer specific. Microsft tells me everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps2720 webcam does not work windows 10