Windows 10: Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Discus and support Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by badcrc, Mar 26, 2016.

1. badcrc Win User

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest version.

I use the setup as CCTV - the webcam is pointed at the parking lot outside my block, and I put a small VLC window in the corner of my screen when I'm expecting deliveries.

Any suggestions on how to solve APC_INDEX_MISMATCH would save me a lot of time with the crashes/restarts.

:)

badcrc, Mar 26, 2016
  2. Kanteron Win User

Getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCH while trying to open webcam

Hi, everyone, this is my first post, and I'm afraid I am facing a serious problem regarding my Windows Desktop in that whenever I try to open my webcam (a Logitech C270) after some time of regular PC usage, or after waking up from sleep mode, Windows 10
    crashes with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, showing the bugcheck code 0x1.

This problem occurs if I use Skype, Logitech's own software, or basically anything that operates the webcam.

Here is the download link to the minidump for the lastest crash: https://ufile.io/1fb9c.

Kanteron, Mar 26, 2016
  3. Kanteron Win User
    Getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCH while trying to open webcam

I think I may have solved the problem.

Previously, I had connected the webcam to a USB hub. However, after connecting it directly to my PC, the problem seems to have solved itself, at least for now. I'm no longer getting the error.

Kanteron, Mar 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. badcrc Win User
    My bad - the Windows 10 blue screen is so bland compared to Windows 7's 'in your face' BSOD, that I had forgotten it's still a BSOD. Next time it happens, I'll collect the dump data. Thanks for the reply.

Edit - here's the file

Attachment 71887

badcrc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - Similar Threads - Webcam VLC APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

2. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  3. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  4. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: My latop keeps crashing and this bsod comes up showing apc_index_mismatch. It started to happen a few days ago when i updated windows. I will be very thankful if anyone can help with this issue...
  5. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apcindexmismatch/efde9070-2fc3-4e5f-a9d2-5495f1fa031e
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  7. Blue Screen of Death APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmqW-avb6fvrEHdsAy3a9IBAb4P Here are all the minidump files and MSinfo32 stuff as requested. WhoCrashed lists the error as: "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1A9490) Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFC0673A574, 0x30, 0x0,...
  8. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue screens

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue screens: So lately Ive been having these blue screens when my computer crashes with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. It happens a few times a day but when Iam playing games it seems to be occuring way less often. I don't really know what to do fix this as Iam not that smart around this...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  10. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...