Windows 10: Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

Discus and support Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New to W10 (from W7) *Biggrin I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer. The problem, a certain webpage and my home page My Web... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Whiskey 7, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Whiskey 7 Win User

Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

New to W10 (from W7) *Biggrin

I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer.
    The problem, a certain webpage and my home page My Web Page and your first step won't load in FF. I get 'Server not found'

It works in Edge and I am rather new to that so prefer to stay with Firefox.

In IE I get the error message 'This page can’t be displayed'

My son (remote and yesterday) reported the same thing and it also happens on my laptop (W7 install) next to me.

I am a bit confused as to why it works in Edge but not Firefox or IE. and seek advice please.

:)

Whiskey 7, Nov 11, 2015

2. Youtube wont load in IE or EDGE but does in Chrome and Firefox

Hi,

Did you read that a lot of the sites Work when running inprivate mode. That Means that it has nothing to do with the hosts file

regards

Leif Pedersen, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Youtube wont load in IE or EDGE but does in Chrome and Firefox

Please try the troubleshooting suggested by Deepika Gowda on this

page

Ruz San, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

Seems like the site is down : Whiskey7.org - Is Whiskey7 Down Right Now? *Smile
    Check your proxy settings if you have any, that may be the issue.

Shadow Delta, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Whiskey 7 Win User
    Thanks. I forgot that site isitdownrightnow.com so I will check with the host.
    Confused, still it loads in this new Edge browser and the counter for visits increases.

Whiskey 7, Nov 11, 2015
  6. May be edge is loading a cached version of the site. But the visitor count makes that notion not solid. *Smile Any way it says down when i check out. And it didn't worked on my edge browser either. *Smile

Shadow Delta, Nov 11, 2015
  7. Whiskey 7 Win User
    Thanks Shadow Delta.
    I just telephoned the web site hosting company and they suggested the domain name had expired!
    That was incorrect as I have an email to say I've paid up to 2019. I checked then with NetRegistry and confirmed all OK there.

I called the host back and it seems to be something to do with updating nameserver data so I will hunt around there.

As I suspect there's no W10 problem just a strange coincidence *Confused I will mark as solved.

I was just mighty suspicious as I'd just got the new PC and I am learning to drive W10. When I couldn't access the site on W7 (laptop) I only got more confused and the comment from my son increased the level of paranoia.

Whiskey 7, Nov 11, 2015
  8. Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

Glad to know that the issue got resolved. *Smile
    Hope that site comes up soon, the domain name seems interesting. *Biggrin

Cheers,

Shadow Delta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

1. Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge - Similar Threads - Webpage won't load

2. Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Won't Load Certain Webpages: I'm at my wit's end with this one. I had an employee tell me that they can't browse the internet anymore. I discovered that they can surf just fine in other browsers like Chrome. The problem is with Edge. If you go to websites like yahoo.com, it just sits there with a blank...
  3. WEBPAGE NOT LOADING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WEBPAGE NOT LOADING: I need help with getting a website page to load. I have a subscription to newspapers.com &I have tried to open the link for the site, however, the site page is not opening. The tab shows I'm in the site but there is no data showing. How do I resolve this issue? Thanks,...
  4. Opera, then IE now FF

in Browsers and Email
    Opera, then IE now FF: Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked like it had the sunday morning shakes after a night in the pub. And web sites were temp locking them jumping back to life, so I...
  5. IE won't connect to this webpage

in Browsers and Email
    IE won't connect to this webpage: IE won't connect to this webpage despite having the things it says to enable are enabled as far as I know. Does anyone know why I can't connect? https://s26.postimg.org/wdgcf5uex/IE...splay_page.png https://postimg.org/image/asb9rjxo5/ 70159
  6. Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?: Since upgrading to Windows 10 about 10 days ago I repeatedly experience slow Edge page loading and then Edge locking up. I am on Surface Pro. I have set my own custom start page. IE loads faster but it too periodically locks up and needs restarting. This never happened before...
  7. Loading ie over edge

in Browsers and Email
    Loading ie over edge: Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do not like the way edge functions and would like to taka step back one or two versions. I also don't like the results using the...
  8. FF/EDGE & Irma

in Browsers and Email
    FF/EDGE & Irma: As I sit here watching this thing coming at me, just doing a comparison of FF (left) and Edge on a program called wundermap. Track is not shown on EDGE, (right) speed is 1x only while FF is adjustable, 10x selected. Satellite view shows on FF, non existent on EDGE. *Zip I...
  9. Webpages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading: Some webpages are not loading for a day. I'm using just about every browser like Maxthon, Mozzila Firefox, Chrome and opera and Internet Explorer and the problem appears again. Sometimes is fixed via pc restart only. Why is happening and what should i do? I'm also trying to...
  10. Webpage Loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Webpage Loading: All of a sudden, some webpages load SUUUPPPERR SLOOWW even though they didn't before. I just installed the latest Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver if that helps at all :/ What is the latest version of that driver, by the way? Thanks1 47388

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webpage wont load on chrome but ok on edge