Windows 10: webpages keep shrinking on desktop

Discus and support webpages keep shrinking on desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; *Sadhello to all;I have upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and am pleased with it apart from one annoying thing.Without me touching any buttons the last... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mallyjames, Nov 28, 2017.

1. webpages keep shrinking on desktop

*Sadhello to all;I have upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and am pleased with it apart from one annoying thing.Without me touching any buttons the last three webpages I have visited shrink and all show on the desktop.When I click on any one it reverts back to its full size.It just does it at any time and I am annoyed with it.Any help would greatly appreciated. Cheers Mally

:)

mallyjames, Nov 28, 2017
  2. slance310 Win User

Epson Printer XP-530 - print does not fit to page

Hi,

Shrink To Fit is a Windows feature, not Epson...

You need to right click on the webpage and select "Print Preview"...

Them you will see Shrink To Fit...

If you have your EDGE\Internet Explorer, or whatever browser you use, set to higher than 100 %, that may be the problem.. You could try changing that instead and not mess with any print settings...

slance310, Nov 28, 2017
  3. JimFite Win User
    Changing font size in Microsoft Edge

DOESN'T WORK. WEBPAGE ON EDGE IS INCREDIBLY TINY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HIT TO SHRINK IT TO RIDICULOUS SIZE. THANKS MICROSOFT FOR NOTHING. WINDOWS 10 INCREDIBLY BAD AND DIFFERENT. ABSOLUTELY NOT USER FRIENDLY

JimFite, Nov 28, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

webpages keep shrinking on desktop

Hi Mally,

This sounds like the task view. If you have a touch screen it can be activated by swiping inwards from the left. Otherwise it is activated by Win + Tab or by clicking on the Taskview button next to search on the taskbar.

I can't work out why it would change to that view on its own though.

philc43, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

webpages keep shrinking on desktop

1. webpages keep shrinking on desktop - Similar Threads - webpages keep shrinking

2. System is "Shrinking"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System is "Shrinking": Hello,On 5-Oct-2019, checked C drive properties, occupied size was 29.2 GB, including 1 restore point.Yesterday 7-Oct-2019, before shutting down computer, checked it again, C drive properties were 26.1 GB - restore point gone, don't know how. I did not do anything, no update,...
  3. Shrinking a volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking a volume: I'm having trouble trying to shrink a volume on an external hard drive. The Disk Management dialog window asks for the number of megabytes I want to reduce. Every time I try a number I get a "wrong perameter" error. Why?...
  4. System Shrinks ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Shrinks ?: Hello Forum, My win 10 system, including office and several installed programs, and one restore point, occupies approx. 30.6 GB on "C" drive at starting the pc.Along the day it 'grows' up to approx. 32 GB, no installations or updates.Yesterday I ran a small (portable)...
  5. System Shrinks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Shrinks ?: Hello Forum, My win 10 system, including office and several installed programs, and one restore point, occupies approx. 30.6 GB on "C" drive at starting the pc.Along the day it 'grows' up to approx. 32 GB, no installations or updates.Yesterday I ran a small (portable)...
  6. My screen keeps shrinking down to 10%. randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps shrinking down to 10%. randomly: My screen keeps shrinking down to 10%. it is random but will always hapen within 30 minutes of getting online. When i try to resize it,it will not go back to normal size. Sometimes when it shrinks it freezes being able to type anything also. I have to restart my computer and...
  7. Why do I keep getting messages Recover Webpage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I keep getting messages Recover Webpage: Why do I keep getting messages Recover Webpage Moved from : Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/messages/3e9bdf19-2a90-4686-9590-172ad1c41ab7
  8. How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shrink the bounding box of desktop icons?: I just reimaged my office computer from Win 7 to Win 10. Most things are fine but one thing annoys me greatly: The desktop icons are embedded in an insanely wide bounding box. I.e. if I select a desktop icon it gets surrounded by a light-bluish transparent box that is at...
  9. Webpage Error

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage Error: Just starting yesterday links from newegg.com emails once clicked open a webpage and leaves error to update my browser. Once I open F12 tools I see the page is loaded using docmode IE7 default but ie 11 is available and I can't make the change staypermanent; as in setting 11...
  10. Shrink pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Shrink pics: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out that there is no right click on a pic and then choose to shrink it in Win 10 like there was in Win 7. 19264