Windows 10: Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts

Discus and support Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In a preliminary step for some design work I'm embarking on, I installed a large group of fonts onto my computer. I'd downloaded these from a variety... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cytherian, Aug 12, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts

In a preliminary step for some design work I'm embarking on, I installed a large group of fonts onto my computer. I'd downloaded these from a variety of sites over time. The installation involved about 25 new font groups, some that have up to 20 fonts within.

After the installation, I noticed something very peculiar. Some websites started to display very strangely, especially eBay. I didn't get any message that the fonts being installed were replacing any existing fonts. So I went in to the fonts view and performed "hide" for all the fonts I'd added. No change. Next, I decided it best to just delete them all. That did NOT help.

I found Brink's tutorial on rebuilding the font cache and performed that. That didn't help either.

Now I'm completely baffled about what to do next. Should I just delete ALL fonts in the folder and re-copy all the fonts I'd saved from my backup computer? The backup doesn't have any of those new fonts I'd just installed.

:)

cytherian, Aug 12, 2018

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 12, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 12, 2018
  4. soninka Win User

installed font affected browser

I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work.

soninka, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts - Similar Threads - Website content browsers

2. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  3. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  4. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  5. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  6. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  8. installed font affected browser

in Browsers and Email
    installed font affected browser: I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work. 22506
  9. Website Content Blocked

in Browsers and Email
    Website Content Blocked: Morningstar.co.uk has been blocked in IE and Edge because it has not been signed by a valid security certificate. I have used this site for years without problem but the certificate warning is not in the usual format. Any ideas please? Could someone try and access this site...
  10. Icons are screwed after install

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons are screwed after install: After installing Win10 on my desktop pc (which went without a hitch) all of my icons were screwed up. None of my icons are showing up properly. I get just the blank page icon (see below). None of Start Menu icons are right either. I've deleted and rebuilt the icon cache...