Windows 10: Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

Discus and support Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, When I visit the Norwegian newspaper vg.no on my laptop it is corrupted as the pictures show. Except for the VG logo, all other information is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

Hi,

When I visit the Norwegian newspaper vg.no on my laptop it is corrupted as the pictures show. Except for the VG logo, all other information is text only.

This problem does not occur on other computers on the network, but the really strange thing is that it happens on both Chrome (the browser I use) and the two other browsers I have installed but never use, IE and Edge.

I'd be happy to hear how I can fix this? I've deleted all browser history as far as I know, but it does not help.

:)

Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017

2. Got Win X on one computer, not on the other

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has Windows 7 service pack 1 or Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 installation based on the Operating System, if you have legitimate Windows 7 service pack 1 or Windows 8.1.

You can also download Windows 10 through ISO

Download Windows 10

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Dylan_IT Win User
    Got Win X on one computer, not on the other

Hello,

I have two computers linked with the same MS account. One is a x86-based system and the other is x64-based. On my x64 system, I got the "You're ready to go!" thing from Win X, but not on the other machine. I was under the impression you got your OS upgrade
    based on MS account, and therefore I would get the OS for all my machines with the same MS account at the same time. My only idea is that my other system is x86 and they are two different operating systems.

I am sure you're all sick of Win X "When am I gonna get it" questions, but I'm wondering if the whole x86/ x64 thing messed it up or it's not MS account based or whats up.

Thanks,

~Dylan

Dylan_IT, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

This is typical behaviour when you fail to obtain the .css style sheet for a web page. What you are seeing is the basic html of the page without the styling applied. As the problem is common to all your browser it suggests the place to look is in your network settings, or maybe your HOSTS table if you use one.

As far as I can see, the requested stylesheet for that site is:
    http://1.vgc.no/vgnett-prod/css/desktop.css?bed625c01d14d1e916a3fc93b36964d1

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you, Bree.

Can I ask if you have a step by step tutorial or guide on how I do this? To be honest I do not have any idea what you are talking about *Smile

Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    'Fraid not, I'm working at the edge of my experience here *Smile

Some explanations: a style sheet 'paints' the web page, create the tabs, dropdown menus and so on, without one all websites are just plain text, lists of links and images. Something about the way this PC is set up is preventing you downloading the stylesheet for that site. The Network Troubleshooter may be able to fix that. Failing that we'd need the advice of a 'web guru' like our @z3r010

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    Still way more experience than I have *Smile

Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter did not solve the problem though...

Hoggorm, Mar 9, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Well, something is stopping you getting the stylesheet.

You certainly are getting stylesheets from other sites, else you'd be complaining about the way this one looks. We can eliminate the browser(s) because it's the same result for all those you've tried. We can eliminate any firewall on the router because you say all other PCs on the network are OK. It's something in between - basically something running on your PC, a network configuration, other software or the AV setting, perhaps. What makes this PC different from all the rest? Do they all run the same AV? Is there any software that's only installed on this PC?

The stylesheet is being served from 1.vgc.no - can you contact that server at all? In a command prompt, try typing: PING 1.vgc.no

Bree, Mar 9, 2017
  9. TairikuOkami, Mar 9, 2017
  10. Hoggorm Win User
    They run the same AV yes. There is software that is only installed on this computer but I cannot see that it is related. Pinging 1.vgc.no gives a reply.

Now the strange thing is that yesterday the webpage started to appear correct, but still no pictures are shown.

Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other [​IMG]

Maybe the network troubleshooter did something right after all?

I've added the webpage to allowed URLs in Kaspersky, yes, but it makes no difference. I also have two other computers that run Kaspersky and ad block on VG.no on without issues.

Hoggorm, Mar 10, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Well, that's some improvement, at least. Try flushing your DNS and see if it helps.
    DNS Resolver Cache - Flush in Windows 10

12. Hoggorm Win User
    Unfortunately still the same after flushing of DNS...

Hoggorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other - Similar Threads - Website corrupted computer

2. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?: My computer screen goes to blank white with no message when I try to upload documents to NelNet. My other computer worked, both have Windows10. The problem computer did upload to my email easily. It literally starts to load that page when I go to upload documents, but then...
  3. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?: My computer screen goes to blank white with no message when I try to upload documents to NelNet. My other computer worked, both have Windows10. The problem computer did upload to my email easily. It literally starts to load that page when I go to upload documents, but then...
  4. One computer will upload and the other won't to the same website, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  6. Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others: I'm running an Aorus X299 Gaming 7 and an Intel i7-7800X, and I've had issues with USB devices such as my mouse and keyboard before, but this is my first time trying a webcam. Unfortunately, every webcam I've tried doesn't work, except for a DSLR, which leads me to think it...
  7. From one Computer to the Other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From one Computer to the Other: If i were to download minecraft on one window/microsoft store and it is connected to an email. and i would like to transfer so i can also play minecraft on another microsoft computer/window can i do that or do i have to pay...
  8. Unable to use Amazon website on one of my computers

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to use Amazon website on one of my computers: Both Chrome and MS edge browsers are giving me the same problem: After I get to the Amazon.com website , I can't search for anything. Whenever I enter a search item, the browsers lock up and I see "waiting for unagi.com......etc etc." After exiting the browsers ,I can't...
  9. Privacy error on one computer for one specific website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy error on one computer for one specific website: Hello, I hope someone here can help, because I feel like I have exhausted all of my other options. So I have a website, Josh and Jamie Photography | Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach Wedding Photography, that is built on the Wordpress platform. If I access my site or WP...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...