Windows 10: Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

Discus and support Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, When I visit the Norwegian newspaper vg.no on my laptop it is corrupted as the pictures show. Except for the VG logo, all other information is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

Hi,

When I visit the Norwegian newspaper vg.no on my laptop it is corrupted as the pictures show. Except for the VG logo, all other information is text only.

This problem does not occur on other computers on the network, but the really strange thing is that it happens on both Chrome (the browser I use) and the two other browsers I have installed but never use, IE and Edge.

I'd be happy to hear how I can fix this? I've deleted all browser history as far as I know, but it does not help.

:)

Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017

2. Got Win X on one computer, not on the other

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has Windows 7 service pack 1 or Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 installation based on the Operating System, if you have legitimate Windows 7 service pack 1 or Windows 8.1.

You can also download Windows 10 through ISO

Download Windows 10

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Dylan_IT Win User
    Got Win X on one computer, not on the other

Hello,

I have two computers linked with the same MS account. One is a x86-based system and the other is x64-based. On my x64 system, I got the "You're ready to go!" thing from Win X, but not on the other machine. I was under the impression you got your OS upgrade
    based on MS account, and therefore I would get the OS for all my machines with the same MS account at the same time. My only idea is that my other system is x86 and they are two different operating systems.

I am sure you're all sick of Win X "When am I gonna get it" questions, but I'm wondering if the whole x86/ x64 thing messed it up or it's not MS account based or whats up.

Thanks,

~Dylan

Dylan_IT, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

This is typical behaviour when you fail to obtain the .css style sheet for a web page. What you are seeing is the basic html of the page without the styling applied. As the problem is common to all your browser it suggests the place to look is in your network settings, or maybe your HOSTS table if you use one.

As far as I can see, the requested stylesheet for that site is:
    http://1.vgc.no/vgnett-prod/css/desktop.css?bed625c01d14d1e916a3fc93b36964d1

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you, Bree.

Can I ask if you have a step by step tutorial or guide on how I do this? To be honest I do not have any idea what you are talking about *Smile

Hoggorm, Mar 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    'Fraid not, I'm working at the edge of my experience here *Smile

Some explanations: a style sheet 'paints' the web page, create the tabs, dropdown menus and so on, without one all websites are just plain text, lists of links and images. Something about the way this PC is set up is preventing you downloading the stylesheet for that site. The Network Troubleshooter may be able to fix that. Failing that we'd need the advice of a 'web guru' like our @z3r010

Bree, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    Still way more experience than I have *Smile

Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter did not solve the problem though...

Hoggorm, Mar 9, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Well, something is stopping you getting the stylesheet.

You certainly are getting stylesheets from other sites, else you'd be complaining about the way this one looks. We can eliminate the browser(s) because it's the same result for all those you've tried. We can eliminate any firewall on the router because you say all other PCs on the network are OK. It's something in between - basically something running on your PC, a network configuration, other software or the AV setting, perhaps. What makes this PC different from all the rest? Do they all run the same AV? Is there any software that's only installed on this PC?

The stylesheet is being served from 1.vgc.no - can you contact that server at all? In a command prompt, try typing: PING 1.vgc.no

Bree, Mar 9, 2017
  9. TairikuOkami, Mar 9, 2017
  10. Hoggorm Win User
    They run the same AV yes. There is software that is only installed on this computer but I cannot see that it is related. Pinging 1.vgc.no gives a reply.

Now the strange thing is that yesterday the webpage started to appear correct, but still no pictures are shown.

Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other [​IMG]

Maybe the network troubleshooter did something right after all?

I've added the webpage to allowed URLs in Kaspersky, yes, but it makes no difference. I also have two other computers that run Kaspersky and ad block on VG.no on without issues.

Hoggorm, Mar 10, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Well, that's some improvement, at least. Try flushing your DNS and see if it helps.
    DNS Resolver Cache - Flush in Windows 10

12. Hoggorm Win User
    Unfortunately still the same after flushing of DNS...

Hoggorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other - Similar Threads - Website corrupted computer

2. Privacy error on one computer for one specific website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy error on one computer for one specific website: Hello, I hope someone here can help, because I feel like I have exhausted all of my other options. So I have a website, Josh and Jamie Photography | Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach Wedding Photography, that is built on the Wordpress platform. If I access my site or WP...
  3. One computer on my network can't see the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  4. Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others): Hello, We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll call 'F) linked in so we could wing files back and forth to the laser, but we had to get it repaired. When we connected it...
  5. Sending a link to other websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sending a link to other websites: Hi, THIS IS VERY URGENT. I am participating in the car giveaway promotion from CAR FROM JAPAN website. How can I promote their link to other websites so that I acquire more points to qualify for the prize? Thank You. Edith Kangabe....
  6. One computer can't see all the others on the network

One computer can't see all the others on the network: I have four computers on the same network. Three of them can see all the other computers, but one can not. It only sees one computer. I have tried a few things but can't get Computer A lets call it to see any more than one computer. Any help? 114581
  7. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Windows 10 Home, Version 103, OS Build 17134.1, WiFi Network works for Internet. I cannot access either computer from the other with the removal of Home Groups. I have spent three hours reading help files, tutorials, etc, and have come up with nothing that will eliminate...
  8. external ntfs partition recognised by one computer, but not the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external ntfs partition recognised by one computer, but not the other: I have a 2TB disk in USB 2 housing which I formatted on my desktop computer as an NTFS volume. It is still recognised by this machine as an NTFS volume even when I plugged it in just now. However on my laptop it is just seen as a raw volume. I swapped it into different...
  9. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Caledon Ken: Thanks, but I am still confused--and that was after I had just read at least three or four more on-line articles about this. Let me start, in no particular order: 1. Again I have two computers, John-PC1 (mine), and my wife's, which is John-PC. Thus, on...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...