Windows 10: Website not responsive on Edge

Discus and support Website not responsive on Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some stupid reason my clients website does not load properly on Edge. This is their website: Waterproofing Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Grimsby... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by henrykal, Jan 29, 2018.

1. henrykal Win User

Website not responsive on Edge

For some stupid reason my clients website does not load properly on Edge. This is their website: Waterproofing Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Grimsby St. Catharines. The banner image always gets cropped out. I don't see the issue in Chrome/Safari/Firefox.

Can someone help me with this?

:)

henrykal, Jan 29, 2018
  2. drc1939 Win User

Win 10 doesn't now remember login info

Thanks for the response.

The problem is with all websites

I use Microsoft Edge.

Any help appreciated.

David

drc1939, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Jørg1 Win User
    Edge not working on spesific website

I've also upgraded from Windows 7 to W8/W8.1 to W10. However, a reset in W10 should make it like it's a clean format, or? It does make an Windows.old on the C drive. MS describes what reset does:

• The PC boots into Windows RE.
    • Windows RE scans the hard drive for your data, settings, and apps, and puts them aside (on the same drive).
    • Windows RE installs a fresh copy of Windows.
    • Windows RE restores the data, settings, and apps it has set aside into the newly installed copy of Windows.
    • The PC restarts into the newly installed copy of Windows.

Jørg1, Jan 29, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

I looked at the website and it is responding correctly as I change the size of the Edge browser window.

You could try resetting Edge to see if it sorts it out:
    Reset App in Windows 10

philc43, Jan 29, 2018
  5. If resetting Microsoft Edge wont resolve the issue please try below suggestions.

Repair Microsoft Edge In Windows 10

The ability to repair Microsoft Edge browser is available with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709. The same feature doesn’t exist in Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703).

Here is how to repair Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.

Step 1: Open the Settings app. Navigate to Apps > Apps & features.

Step 2: Look for Microsoft Edge entry and click on the same. You should now see Advanced options link. Click on the link to open Storage usage and app reset page.

Step 3: Click the Repair button.

Website not responsive on Edge [​IMG]

The Repair option repairs Microsoft Edge browser without removing your data.

Reinstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

If you’re having problems with Microsoft Edge, you might be able to fix all the issues by reinstalling the browser.

Please note that you might lose all favorites as well as your browsing history. It’s a good idea to backup or export Microsoft Edge browser favorites before reinstalling Microsoft Edge.

Step 1: Open Edge browser. Click the Hub icon (...) and then click Settings to open Settings pane.

Step 2: Under Import favorites and other info section, there is a button called Import from another browser. Click that Import from another browser button.

Step 3: Under Import or export a file section, click the Export to file button to open Save as dialog. If the Export to a file button is missing, it’s because you have not installed Windows 10 Creators Update.

Step 4: Enter a name for the HTML file containing favorites and select a location to save the file before clicking the Save button. By default, the Edge browser saves the HTML file with Microsoft_Edge_Favorites_date name in the Documents folder.

Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

Step 1: Close Microsoft Edge browser, if it’s running.

Step 2: Open up File Explorer, click View and then check Hidden items box to view all hidden folders. This is required as some folders like AppData are hidden by default.

Step 3: Navigate to the following location:

Code: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages[/quote] Replace the “UserName” with your user account name.

Step 4: Delete the folder named Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe. If it refuses to delete some files, click Skip.

Step 5: Restart your computer.

Step 6: Launch PowerShell as administrator. This can be done by typing PowerShell into Start Menu, right-click on PowerShell entry and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 7: Once PowerShell is launched, navigate to your user account profile directory by executing the following command.

Code: cd C:\users\yourusername[/quote] Replace the “yourusername” with your actual user name of your user account.

Step 8: Copy and paste the following command into Powershell and then press Enter key.

Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}[/quote] That’s it! Restart your computer once again. You should now be able to launch and use the Edge browser without any issues.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Website not responsive on Edge - Similar Threads - Website responsive Edge

2. Cannot checkout with Microsoft Edge on a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot checkout with Microsoft Edge on a website: Hello, I am sorry if this is not the right channel to post this question. I am unable to checkout on this website Overnight Drugs. I am able to checkout on other websites. Help....
  3. Edge cannot start some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge cannot start some websites: I like chatting using Reddit and ScamFighter. But I cannot launch these websites via Edge so I had to change browser. I reinstalled Edge but that didn’t help. Why is it going on? I can open all other websites except for Reddit and ScamFighter....
  4. website drop down not responsive all browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    website drop down not responsive all browsers: I recently set up a new computer with Windows 10. When I access a website like Amazon drop down boxes for ex size selection are not responsive and you cannot select. I tried across Firefox, Chrome, and edge to same effect...
  5. slow response to websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  6. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors: My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage. Daily...
  7. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
  8. Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Slow typing response in Internet Explorer and Edge: I noticed that in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 that there was this slightly perceived typing lag when entering text in fields displayed in the browser. This lag would not be present in Chrome, Opera, and others... so that's what would make it noticeable. When you type fast, it is...
  9. Edge Hub is not responsive

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Hub is not responsive: When I click on the hub icon (favorites, reading list, etc.), I get no response. It's stuck on reading list. Clicking on favorites does nothing. Pete 34933
  10. Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge: As the web becomes more interactive, web pages are becoming increasingly reliant on JavaScript for core functionality, such as input, rendering, layout, and composition. As more and more of this core functionality moves to the client side, it becomes imperative for browsers...