Windows 10: Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

Discus and support Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with a certain website and am not sure where to start troubleshooting. I've had a personal website for many years and have never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joelshort, Dec 2, 2015.

1. joelshort Win User

Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

I'm having an issue with a certain website and am not sure where to start troubleshooting. I've had a personal website for many years and have never seen this problem before. Radomly but quite often when trying to access the url of my website I get the following error:

"ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED The webpage at XXXXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

This only happens on my personal website. All other websites seem to load normally. Also, when I restart the router the website will load normally for a while until the error shows up again. So the problem must be either with my website or with the router. Nothing has changed on the website that I'm aware of.

I'm at a loss and don't have the technical knowledge to even begin to troubleshoot. If anyone has any ideas of what could be causing this, I would love to hear it, or please point me to the appropriate place.

:)

joelshort, Dec 2, 2015

2. chrome won't conect to internet windows 10

Upgraded to Win 10 last night instal went off without a hitch.. new IE works (I am using to ask this question) but Chrome and Firefox won't. I upgraded both browsers with latest version, Firefox gives me a blank screen and Chrome gives me - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED
    or ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

I tried changing the DNS in the adaptor to 8.8.8.8 - same error(s)

Tried uninstall/install both browsers in Windows firewall,

even turned off windows firewall same problemo

Some help please

hootiejohnston, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Windows Phone Live Website Shows Incorrect Mobile Number For My Phone

Martin:

Thanks - this resolved the problem!

I assume that these text messages would be considered as premium text messages since it is from a 5 digit number. If I keep this off to avoid premium text message charges, will the locate service not work as effectively? Or, does this service just use
    normal text messages and not premium text messages.

Thanks!

Aakash Shah, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

1. Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED - Similar Threads - Website shows ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

2. My website is not showing on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My website is not showing on windows 11: Hi, I have recently created a tool base website and it is visible on windows 7, 8 and 10 but not showing on windows 11. Can somebody please help me with this problem?My website is https://pinterestvideodownloader.site/...
  3. Websites showing wierd text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Websites showing wierd text: same issue...
  4. Websites showing wierd text

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Websites showing wierd text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Websites showing weird fonts

Websites showing weird fonts: I saw lately some websites use some strange fonts instead of showing original fonts on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with Windows fonts setting. I reinstalled Windows default font pack, but nothing worked. How do I fix this?...
  7. Images are not showing on the websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images are not showing on the websites: no pictures showing up on home page or chrome or msn content (text) is there, but no images? Everything works like normal, but only black boxes where pictures accompanying the article would be. ***Original title: no pictures***...
  8. Website showing ask error

Website showing ask error: Trying to open website it's shows ssl error But on other laptop it's working what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-showing-ask-error/57f9a77e-2784-4cee-a108-af9a4e5dc9c3
  9. Some websites not showing images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some websites not showing images: I have just had some browser issues today. A week ago my PC did a feature update to version 1809 and everything seemed fine until today when I couldn’t access a webite with a https address (which i have visited many times) in edge and google chrome browsers due to a...
  10. Chrome not showing stylesheet on some websites.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not showing stylesheet on some websites.: I've had a problem all day today on one of my machines where Chrome is not loading the stylesheets on some websites. I have done ipconfig /release and /renew, and emptied the cache but I am not sure what else I can do. [img] 116515