Windows 10: Change Magnifier View in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Magnifier View in Windows 10

How to: Change Magnifier View in Windows 10

How to Change Magnifier View in Windows 10

Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

You can use Magnifier in three different views: full screen, lens, or docked.
    • Full screen view magnifies the entire screen. You won’t be able to see the whole screen at the same time when it’s magnified, but as you move around the screen, you can see everything.
    • Lens view is like moving a magnifying glass around the screen. You can change the size of the lens in Magnifier settings.
    • Docked view works on the desktop. In this view, Magnifier is anchored to your screen. As you move around the screen, parts of the screen are magnified in the docking area, even though the main part of the screen is unchanged.
    This tutorial will show you different ways to change the view of Magnifier for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Magnifier View using Keyboard Shortcuts
    1. While you have Magnifier opened, press the keys in the table below for which view you want to use.

[table][tr][td]View[/td] [td]Keyboard Shortcut[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Cycle through views[/td] [td]Ctrl + Alt + M[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Full screen[/td] [td]Ctrl + Alt + F[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Lens[/td] [td]Ctrl + Alt + L[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Docked[/td] [td]Ctrl + Alt + D[/td] [/tr] [/table]

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Magnifier View from Magnifier Toolbar
    1. While you have Magnifier opened, click/tap on Views on the Magnifier toolbar, and select the Full screen, Lens, or Docked view for what you want to use. (see screenshots below)

Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Magnifier View from Settings
    1. Perform either action below:A) While you have Magnifier opened, click/tap on the Options
    button on the Magnifier toolbar.

OR

B) Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.
    2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, choose a view (Full screen, Lens, or Docked) you want to use in the drop menu under Change Magnifier view on the right side. (see screenshots below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Change Magnifier View using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

MagnificationMode DWORD

1 = Docked
    2 = Full screen
    3 = Lens

1. Do step 2 (Docked), step 3 (Full screen), or step 4 (Lens) below for which view you want to use with Magnifier.

2. To Use Docked View with Magnifier
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Magnifier_Docked_view.reg

Download

3. To Use Full Screen View with Magnifier
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Magnifier_Full_screen_view.reg

Download

4. To Use Lens View with Magnifier
    *note This is the default setting.

Magnifier_Lens_view.reg

Download

5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 18, 2017

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  3. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Arun B J Win User
    How do I add display magnifier to the Start Menu of Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Search and click on Windows Easy of Access.
    • Right click on magnifier.
    • Select pin to Start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Magnifier View

2. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  3. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  4. magnify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    magnify: why when i open y magnifier on desktop screen goes black and won't open ?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnify/da8f6b45-c41c-4c32-bddc-f02c9073e2ca
  5. Magnifier App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier App for Windows 10: I have been referred to this website by the Microsoft help desk. I use the Magnifier software that magnifies the screen and provides other accessibility functionality for visually impaired people, However, I have found that it does not work on some PCs. This software was...
  6. Find Windows 10 magnifier

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find Windows 10 magnifier: How do I find the magnifier feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-windows-10-magnifier/4af40d1e-87db-46c7-b58f-e2b1bbd92acb
  7. Windows 10 system is magnified!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system is magnified!: Hello, I was playing COD Modern Warfare- when it crashed I had the fans off so I guess it thermal throttled? After restarting the device, letting it cool down, and turning on the fans; I went to open the application battle.net again to start COD up and I was prompted...
  8. Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change View in Calendar for Windows 10: How to: Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 How to Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in...
  9. Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10: How to: Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier Zoom Level Increments in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it...
  10. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...