Windows 10: Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Discus and support Weird account name and lost Administrator rights. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, so I installed Windows 10 Pro and had few problems with Internet drivers and had to Reset PC using that option in Settings - Update and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TheAndriusB, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Hello, so I installed Windows 10 Pro and had few problems with Internet drivers and had to Reset PC using that option in Settings - Update and Security. After that reset I've been renamed as Andrius.DESKTOP-29DL6UF as shown in screenshot. Andrius should be the only user on this PC because no one else is using it without me.

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights. [​IMG]

Somehow this effects my ability to act as the Administrator of this PC. When I tried to edit a fail in Windows/System32 folder I've been told that I have no rights to save files on this folder because I needed Administrator Rights. I have repaired this by adding rights to that folder already, but still, this have never happened before and I think this might happen on other folders that I won't have all the Administrator rights. How could I transfer from this weird user to my normal user Andrius?

:)

TheAndriusB, Sep 25, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Lost administrative rights & Account

Hi,

If you have another admin account you can log into that account and change the permission of the other account. If this is the only account your PC then follow the steps to change account permission to admin.

• Press Windows key + R and type netplwiz and hit Enter.
    • Select the account and click on Properties.
    • Under Group membership tab select Administrator and click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Lost administrative rights & Account

Pavan, thank you for trying. It seems like a very simple thing to do, but everything this post said and 24 others in other posts do not work. The error returned is basically the same "Access is denied."

The problem remains as loss of Administrative rights. When I want to do anything the usual response of Windows 10 is that I do not have administrative rights. Even asking for the "command prompt (Admin)" I don't have the rights. I have used Microsoft's malicious
    software program for a year and yet now I don't have user rights to run it as with many other programs.

I only have one user and it was the administrator. From another post I created another Administrator, but when I log in I still don't have user rights.

I restored my system back to a restore point 2 months ago and for 3 days everything worked. Now I am back to no user rights and doing the restore point again does not work anymore.

I even followed one post saying to use regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - load Hive - tried to rename the SAM file to REM_SAM like the post said, but, you guessed it, I don't have the administrative rights to do it.

It looks like there are hundreds of people who have this problem and sometimes some post helps, but most of the time nothing helps.

IS THERE SOMEONE WHO CAN FIX THIS LOSS OF ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS?

I think most people just give up and reinstall their Windows 10. I can't do that, because I installed Windows 10 over the Internet and paid for it. But, I don't have a disk to reinstall Windows and I would guess it would take at least 3 to 5 days of work
    to get back to where I am now without a guarantee this won't happen again.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION OTHER THAN A COMPLETE REINSTALL?

StevevetS1951, Sep 25, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

From a command prompt type "net localgroup administrators" without the quotes. What users does it list as administrators?

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2015
  5. Alias name administrators
    Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain

Members

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Administrator
    Andrius
    The command completed successfully.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hmm...... ok, now press windows key+r and in the run dialog type netplwiz to run that command. What users are listed there and what groups? Also, have you tried rebooting and does only one account appear on the log in screen?

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2015
  7. There's only one user Andrius and group Administrators. I went a little deeper and open Local Users and Groups. Got this.

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights. [​IMG]

There's nowhere that weird Andrius-DESKTOP to be found.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2015
  9. Tried to do as you said and now I'm stuck on "Just a moment..." window and it does nothing.

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2015
  11. You have to be logged in as an administrator tho to do anything. I have a home computer without an administrator. The user name is not familiar to me and I don't know the password. How do I log in as an administrator?????*Confused

jlgreene295, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird account name and lost Administrator rights. - Similar Threads - Weird account name

2. Weird Administrator folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Administrator folder name: While setting a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new/blank SDD I had to do a System Recovery. Luckily the Recovery Point was pretty new, but after it finished I noticed the Administrator account was again disabled I had enabled it before. So I re-enabled the Administrator...
  3. Lost Administrative Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrative Rights: My Machine: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Ver 1909 c/w all current updates and patches incl the new Edge Recently lost Administrative rights on my PC. Have no idea How or Why. UAC has no YES button. Cannot update any software or install any new software. Starting to get...
  4. Lost Administrator rights

Lost Administrator rights: I have lost all administrator rights and i cannot change anything , i wanted to factory reset and in error deleted my own administrator rights . would appreciate help because i have spent a number of daily hours without success.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  6. Lost administrator rights

Lost administrator rights: In order to understand the problem completely I will start from the beginning. I was deleting some duplicate files in my Adobe Acrobat folder but the files from a specific folder required special administrator rights in order to be deleted (although I am the administrator and...
  7. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  8. Lost Administrative Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost Administrator rights.

Lost Administrator rights.: I can't activate back my admin account. Just because I don't remember the password, I dont have rights to change my current account which is local account to admin....