Windows 10: Weird Activation Problem

Discus and support Weird Activation Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had an activated copy of 10240 and then my motherboard failed and I replaced it. Since then, on the new mb I have been unable to activate.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by renee, Oct 5, 2015.

1. renee Win User

Weird Activation Problem

I had an activated copy of 10240 and then my motherboard failed and I replaced it. Since then, on the new mb I have been unable to activate. Suggestions? - Recommendations? - Comments? Btw I'm on SS and poor.

:)

renee, Oct 5, 2015

2. Weird windows activation problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to understand the situation better,

1. What happens when you try to activate your copy of Windows online?

2. Do you get any error message while trying to activate your copy?

If you're seeing notifications that the copy of Windows that is installed on your PC might not be genuine, or that you might be a victim of counterfeit software, it's likely that your copy of Windows was not properly activated or is otherwise not genuine.

Please refer the link below on Get answers to common questions about genuine Windows,

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows/help/genuine/faq

You may also contact the phone activation team to get help with the activation.

Please refer the link below,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Reply us if you have any further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Weird windows activation problem

after i upgraded this pc to windows 10 it was not geniune for a weird reason it was geniune at the start i dont whats wrong with it pls help

wiktorpyter, Oct 5, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Weird Activation Problem

from a command prompt, type "slui 4" without the quotes. Select your country, call the MS Activation number, go through the menus to speak to a person. Explain the situation to them, they should activate your Windows for you. Also, not a weird activation problem at all, this is what Microsoft intended to happen when you replace a motherboard.

NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2015
  5. renee Win User
    Ok....but I have been through several copies of systems in trying to repait this. What I have now is Win 10 Ultimate 10240 in there with no activation key.

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Now I am confused. First, there is no Ultimate version of Windows 10, there is Home, Pro, Enterprise, Education and a couple of other variations, but no ultimate edition. Second, how did you get your first activated copy of Windows 10 and what version was it? You should have left that one installed when you replaced the motherboard.

People have reported calling Microsoft, Microsoft checks their previous activation status from the currently installed version of Windows, and if they find it was activated before, they will reactivate it. If you have done clean installs of Windows 10 after changing the motherboard you have erased any activation trails and Microsoft probably won't activate it for you.

Do you have a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 you can go back to and do an upgrade from that?

NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2015
  7. renee Win User
    i fear I confused you. Im guilty and I apologize. I had Windows Pro. I have been an Insider since day zero, I realize I should have left that one installed...but I tried to repair it. I was unable to reach a human being. I did fail that activation test yet again.

I have backups from the previous board. I have no back ups from this one.

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  8. renee Win User

Weird Activation Problem

All previous version backups will be made on the previous board.

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  9. renee Win User
    I am a former MVP. I do have keys for Win 7 N 64 Bit ultimate. My problem there is that I can find no Windows 7 N distributions.

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2015
  11. renee Win User
    i am running 10240 now. I will call them at the number you gave. Thank you.

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2015
  13. renee Win User

Weird Activation Problem

Suddenly after weeks of failure...I am activated. I dont understand why...but I'm awful glad!

renee, Oct 5, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's great! Two things, well three, you can check to make sure you've got a good solid activation,

From a command prompt type "slmgr /dlv". Among all the info you should be seeing references to RETAIL channel, and there should NOT be an evaluation end date listed.

Then type "slmgr /xpr" and the return you should get is "This machine is permanently activated".

If you get those expected returns, then your new motherboard should have a permanent Windows 10 activation stored on Microsoft activation servers for the version of Windows 10 you have installed (probably Pro), and you should be good to go for future automatic activations.

As a final check, you can run showkey from these forums and check to see if the Product Key listed is the generic non-insider product key. I'll have to look at past posts to find those, or you can search too. If your product key is the generic non-insider product key that everyone gets from their upgrades, there is more evidence that you are good to go.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

This should be your generic Windows 10 Pro product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

NavyLCDR, Oct 5, 2015
  15. renee Win User
    Weird Activation Problem [​IMG]

Gee... I hope you can read this....

renee, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

Weird Activation Problem

1. Weird Activation Problem - Similar Threads - Weird Activation Problem

2. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Weird Windows 10 Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird Windows 10 Activation Problem: A week or so ago, I started getting a pop-up saying my Windows license will expire soon. While doing some troubleshooting with Microsoft chat support, the Activation page said:Edition: Windows 10 HomeActivation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation...
  8. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  9. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...
  10. Windows Activation Weirdness

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Weirdness: Okay so I'm having issues with the "Activate Windows" watermark showing up on my screen. [ATTACH] When I went into my settings, this is what it shows: [ATTACH] So obviously I click on "Troubleshoot" to get the whole thing done with, but this pops up: [ATTACH] I'm...