Windows 10: Weird automatic stuff

Discus and support Weird automatic stuff in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; so Ive been running year now @ home in the Insider group and havent updated it to a release-version. so i thought ill update my work laptop too. for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by batlhilz, Nov 23, 2015.

1. batlhilz Win User

Weird automatic stuff

so Ive been running year now @ home in the Insider group and havent updated it to a release-version. so i thought ill update my work laptop too.

for some reason, it automatically added my MS-account to the work computer, despite I havent added any personal information regarding it, to my work laptop. where did win10 figured out to link it?

i mean ive used to read @Hotmail.com emails via browser etc so how did it manage to pull it out? i noticed it when it suddenly had my home desktop background loading up on the work laptop.

my insider is clean install 10240 and updated to the newest (home version)
    my work laptop updated via WU from win7pro -> win10pro

i only added the hotmail account to the mail-software on laptop so guess it did its own predictions and started to work this way? now i removed the linked accounts parts which appeared on the settings so i think its gone now for good

:)

batlhilz, Nov 23, 2015

2. weird stuff

Hi Elysa,

If you’re using a Windows 10 phone or tablet, you might find Autocorrect handy. On desktop and laptop PCs, probably not so much. It’s enabled by default on all fresh Windows 10 installations, but you can turn it off.

Here's how to disable Autocorrect:

Press Windows key + I to open the
    Settings
    app.

Weird automatic stuff [​IMG]

Click Devices and then in the Devices window, click the
    Typing category on the left. Turn off the Autocorrect misspelled words option to disable Autocorrect. You can also turn off the
    Highlight misspelled words option to disable the squiggly red underlines that appear under misspelled words. If you’re working without a touch screen, those are the only two options you’ll see. If you’re using a touch device, you can also disable
    additional correction options, such as showing text suggestions while you type and adding a period when you double-space.

Weird automatic stuff [​IMG]

If you have any open apps that use Autocorrect, you may have to close and reopen them for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Roberto Oca, Nov 23, 2015
  3. weird stuff

Hi

I am a student, and in my notes, i type a lot of forward slash ( / ).

whenever I type these... whole new words appear.. and there's no way for them not to.

For example, i typed DON'T/not

and that got automatically replaced with DON'Temperature... weird stuff like that.

And it keeps doing it.

I can't type stuff like N/A... anything with a forward slash

I don't know why cause I'm rubbish with technology.. but if anyone knows id appreciate the help!

ElysaIoannou, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Weird automatic stuff

Hello bathilz, *Smile

It sounds like when you setup the Mail app you switched your account to a Microsoft account instead of using the "only for this app" option.

You can use the tutorial below to verify if you are currently using a local account or Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 10 with.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

Weird automatic stuff

1. Weird automatic stuff - Similar Threads - Weird automatic stuff

2. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  3. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  4. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  5. Weird stuff happening

Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  6. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Weird Stuff Going On

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird Stuff Going On: Hello and Good Day! I just wanted to clear that after the recent update to my Windows 10, things started going weird. Firstly, it told me that "Your Windows license will expire soon." but asides from that, whenever I open File Explorer, Control Panel, Task Manager, any...
  8. Weird perfomace issue when downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird perfomace issue when downloading stuff: [ATTACH] Guys, ever had some machine slowed duirng some downloads? When I'm updating/downloading a game on steam or using Utorrent, I can see that the performace does suffer (low fps on games) as well as I can hear some shuddering on audio if I have some YT video running...
  9. Weird stuff in system either Malware or Spyware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird stuff in system either Malware or Spyware: I've had an issue with Malware/Spyware/Other ware about a month ago, ever since my computer has not performed well. When ever i open task manager it has Stuff such as Skype and Microsoft store running in the background. Plus my system attempts to write or perform something...
  10. Weird Notepad++ stuff

Weird Notepad++ stuff: Today I went to use notepad++ 7.4, and when I go to save the text file I get - Failed to save file. Not enough space on disk to save file?. I do have enough space 1.29TB, does not seem to be happening to all text files, only some (2 different drives). When I open...