Windows 10: Weird behavior, possible Trojan

Discus and support Weird behavior, possible Trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Symptoms: 1. Volume icon appears with a red cross even though all sound devices are working. 2. With UAC set to default, a notification pops up at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by frankmanguiob, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Weird behavior, possible Trojan

Symptoms:
    1. Volume icon appears with a red cross even though all sound devices are working.
    2. With UAC set to default, a notification pops up at startup asking my permission to run explorer.exe
    3. I can't run some programs.
    4. Malwarebytes web protection suddenly disabled and can't be re-enabled. I'm using the latest one.
    5. System restore fails all the time, so can't go that path either.

I suspect it is malware that targets/makes a fake explorer.exe, but not entirely convinced since there is only one instance and the CPU load is not constantly high. but I want to know if anyone has encountered this before and might point me int the right direction, like the name of the malware, perhaps.

Thanks, everyone!

:)

frankmanguiob, Feb 7, 2017

2. I Have Been Infected with Trojan and Anti-Virus Couldn't Remove it

Generic Trojan means based on behavior , they have been detected as Trojan but it is doesn't necessary means they are Trojan and harmful and it could be false positive.

Especially, the files names are belong to safe Windows files but there might be a possibility that there might be new malware pretend to be safe and take these names. If possible copy these files and place them in a zip file and submit them to Microsoft
    Malware Protection Center:

Submit a file for malware analysis - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

There are many safe process in Windows with name svchost.exe , so having these processes doesn't mean your PC is necessary infected.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Weird Behavior.

jurgen73 wrote:

ActiveSync does not recognize phone even if windows says is ready to use.

Does this happen all the time?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Weird behavior, possible Trojan

Bree, Feb 7, 2017
  5. frankmanguiob,

Welcome to TenForums!

You can give this tool a try to see what it finds...

Please use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
    Save FRST to your Desktop.
    [Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system: 32 bit or 64 bit]

Double-click FRST to run it.
    When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    Next, press the Scan button.

When done, the tool makes a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.
    Also, the first time the tool is run, it makes another log: (Addition.txt).

Please attach both reports in your reply.

Note: FYI, MBAM v3 has experienced problems lately.

cottonball, Feb 8, 2017
  6. @Bree

Thanks! Chameleon ran but it didn't detect anything. Defender offline doesn't work for some reason. I can't even view event logs.

frankmanguiob, Feb 8, 2017
  7. Hi cottonball,

Thanks!

Please see the attached.

Cheers,
    Frank

frankmanguiob, Feb 8, 2017
  8. Weird behavior, possible Trojan

frankmanguiob,

My apology for the delay. *Redface Can't remember getting a notification of your reply.

Looked at the reports provided, and did not see malware.

You may want to run a System File Check on the OS:
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10

Use: Option Three

If you see: Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations

Then, please reboot, and run the sfc /scannow command again.

Sometimes it takes running the sfc /scannow command up to 3 times before all is fixed.

If no luck, and still looking at integrity violation, please use Option Five: To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

Next, attach the sfcdetails.txt in you reply for someone to look at.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird behavior, possible Trojan

1. Weird behavior, possible Trojan - Similar Threads - Weird behavior possible

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. trojan possibly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trojan possibly?: so I get really worried about virus's often and I noticed that explorer.exe and dllhost.exe are running in the background so I checked file location and they where in the right place so I'm about 95% sure they are legit but online it says if both of those are running at the...
  8. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird mouse behavior: [ATTACH]Hello! I am experiencing some weird things with my mouse. Its kinda hard to explain so I have made a gif. Hope it will be clear by showing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-mouse-behavior/254eb263-a502-4443-b4a0-85f873752e91
  9. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  10. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird mouse behavior: Hello. My mouse has started working very weird today (and not only this mouse, I have tried another one to see if it's just problem with this one). So to start: It clicks its scroll itself. Sometimes it's just fine and sometimes it just clicks it itself. It's really...