Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files

Discus and support Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts. When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Aug 10, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts.

When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't handle any large files (like tens of gigabytes or larger), it's fine for days. But if I start copying large files from drive to drive, or large groups of files, then it soon starts acting very sluggish, especially when opening new windows or anything that accesses files.

After I've copied large files, if I open my computer, it takes like 30 seconds for the C drive to appear with the proper "space left" bar underneath - the green "working" bar at the top of the window slowly moves along as it's looking at the drive. It instantaneous when I first boot my PC and stays that way unless I'm working with large files. Same for right-clicking files - if I right-click a file to do something with it, it takes a while for Windows to look at it and give me the right-click menu. Again, it's fine until I start handling large files.

Also, only the C drive does this. Any other attached drives pop right up when I open my computer, though right-clicking still takes just as long even on other drives.

The only way to correct it is to reboot, and then it's fine for days, unless I start handling large files again.

What could be causing this? I have 16GB of memory. I do use Fastcopy for all my copying. Could that be causing the issue? Is it a memory issue?

:)

rivre, Aug 10, 2018
  2. tjane Win User

Sluggish handling on games

i have weird question, please help, please read,

i try NFS:Carbon on PS3 it has perfect handling, very quick and responsive, but the frame rates is really bad (i think its 35-40 on crowded, 50-60 when alone) so i decide to play on PC since it would be steady 60 fps..
    when i play NFS:Carbon on PC (with keyboard), i play drift mode, the game runs fine, handling was perfect, very quick and easy drifting with only single turn without brake..
    so i decide to plug joystick, and restart the game..
    then i play drift mode again, handling became very sluggish and slow, feels so goddamn hard to drift..
    so i decide to unplug joystick since handling feels much better with keyboard, but handling still sluggish like playing with joystick...

recently i try on other racing game with joystick, on GRID 2 same thing happen...what is going on man?!

tjane, Aug 10, 2018
  3. thecokeguy Win User
    Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

I have this very weird problem using Windows 10. If I minimize all my windows, the desktop is very sluggish, selecting icons takes a second or two. But when I restore a window and handle my desktop right beside it, it's extremely responsive. It's completely stable behavior, all minimized = sluggish, just one restored = very responsive.

Any one else having this issue? Any ideas to what could be causing it?

thecokeguy, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Marivel Man Win User

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files - Similar Threads - Weird behavior sluggish

2. Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xiaomi Mipad2 with windows 10: lost BT and Wifi after upgrade to 1803: My tablet has upgraded itself to Windows 10@1803 I lost wifi and bt connection. Because it has been reinstalled while upgrading, Windows 10 devicemgmt.msc console do not allow me a driver rollback. Obviously the 'problem solving' wizard are useless. What can I do...
  3. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  4. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  5. Onedrive creates multiple files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc....
  6. my camera is not working after the updatehi

my camera is not working after the updatehi: Hi all I just had undergo an windows update in my pc but after that my camera is not working I tried to solve it but it doesn't working on can any one help me...
  7. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  8. Windows 10 borked after updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 borked after updating: Hello all, I have an old laptop, aGateway MX6959. I have windows 10 installed on this machine and it runs great on Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2212). After updating to any version since this build, my computer is messed up and a lot of stuff doesn't work. The internet does...
  9. How do you file a serious complaint about Microsoft technical support?:-!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you file a serious complaint about Microsoft technical support?:-!: How do i fike a complaint about Microsoft technical support with someone who can make a difference. My horror story is too long to post here and i just need an email address or phone number. Online support is useless...
  10. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...